With Thanksgiving just days away, the Patriots feasted on the New York Jets and their turkey of a coach head 31 to 14 in a division rival clash. It has been eight weeks since the Jets won their Super Bowl, and since then have continued to talk the talk but never walked the walk. Have you ever seen a team self inflict more drama than the J-E-T-S. Between Mark Sanchez's prepared presidential speeches, Rex Ryan's Kleenex endorsements to Kerry Rhodes and Bart Scott's Nostradamus predictions, this team has become, sorry, continued to be a joke. Bottom line is that there is no crying in football. You did not hear the Pats complain about losing their week two match up, sorry Jets fans, Super Bowl, because they had injuries or came out flat and rusty. Of course not, lose or win you move on to the next game by with short-term memory loss. And with that, lets get on to my top ten observations.
1. Bodden had as many interceptions as Cotchery and Keller had receptions. This is just an observation that I though was funny.
2. Revis is the best corner in the league, hands down. Moss needs to shut up and give credit where credit is due.
3. San-chise had a zero passer rating at half. Maybe he was just hungry and wanted to get to the bench to eat another hotdog?
4. Kerry Rhodes is still looking for the license plate of the Mac truck that ran over him. Hey Kerry it was number 39.
5. Even with Light and Neal not playing and Vollmer out with a head injury for a while, the musical chairs being played with the offensive line contained the blitz and looked very physical and even dominate at times.
6. Wes Welker is the Wes Craven of the NFL. He is causing nightmare match-ups for defenders and defenses to game plan around. He has also become the smaller version of Ben Coats. He is clearly Brady's security blanket and when in the slot or one on one, he cannot be covered.
7. Belichick needs to relax and get better advice from above when throwing the challenge flag. The past two weeks his decision-making has been spotty and eventually this will bite his team in the ass when the playoffs come around.
8. Two delay of game penalties on Brady is unacceptable. I know that he likes to milk down the clock and read the defenses but this trend can't continue.
9. Jets were 2-10 on 3rd down conversions yesterday. Defense stepped up and got off the field, something that was not apparent last week.
10. Is there a colder handshake in the world than with Belichick at mid-field after a game?