The Dalai Lama, winner of the 1989 Nobel Peace Prize and international symbol of the quest for world peace, harmony and brotherhood, wearing a cap adorned with the familiar "Flying Elvis" logo of the New England Patriots. Mark Farinella noted, "Somewhere in the stadium, Patriots' owner Robert Kraft must have been grinning from ear to ear."
- Peace, happiness and practice; Saturday mini-camp notes.
- Andy Hart(PFW) Saturday morning mini-camp reactions.
- Andy Hart(PFW) Saturday afternoon mini-camp reactions.
- Bill Belichick Press Conference transcript following Day 2 mini-camp.
- Patriots Now! Rookie camp opens. (5 minute video)
- Christopher Price offers a chronological look at the major events of New England’s offseason to this halfway point, and what they mean for the long-term future of the franchise.
- Mike Reiss presents his observations from rookie mini-camp.
- Shalise Manza Young notes Darius Butler has been working under the tutelage of future Hall of Famer Deion Sanders since his senior year at UConn.
- Mike Reiss focuses on Ron Brace, likely to be cross-trained at nose tackle and end, noting the high hopes the Patriots have for him after selecting him 40th overall.
- Chris Gasper explains the Patriots are taking a shot on Jermail Porter because the size, strength, athleticism, and balance he showed as a standout wrestler are all qualities that are needed to be a quality NFL lineman.
- Mark Farinella details Sebastian Vollmer's journey to the Patriots.
- Karen Guregian focuses on big man Sebastian Vollmer, and how his enormous build and athleticism were what bumped him into being a 2nd round pick.
- Mike Reiss reports former Patriots Defensive Coordinator and Cleveland head coach Romeo Crennel will sit out this season to rehab after hip replacement surgery.
- Rich Thompson notes draft picks George Bussey and Myron Pryor both share Louisville, KY roots.
- Shalise Manza Young catches up with Patrick Chung and offers more bits from rookie mini-camp, day 2.
- Jeff Howe observes Football has sprung in New England, and it's a glorious sight.
- Pat Kirwan (NFL.com) Drafting for the future is part of successful long-range plan.
- Michael Lombardi (Nat'l Football Post) Lombardi disputes Brad Childress's version of how he stole Percy Harvin from the Pats, and details Belichick's and Gruden's coaching clinic at the University of Florida.
- Eric Edholm (Pro Football Weekly) Childress likely irks Patriots with Harvin comment.
- AP (USA Today) Childress: Vikings will probably talk about Favre. Maybe if the Pats leak that they want him too...
- Roy Cummings (Tampa Tribune) Bucs got a fifth round pick for Alex Smith.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB - How the Ellis Hobbs trade materialized, and King thinks Jason Taylor will be a Patriot unless Miami steps up and offers some real money.
- Kerry J. Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts) The 'fire triangle' of dynasty building.
- ESPN News Services Report: London launches bid to host Super Bowl. May this NEVER happen!!!
- Ryan Wilson (NFL Fanhouse) For 2nd time in a week, NFL denies reports of London Super Bowl. I don't trust Goodell on this one.
- AP (ESPN) Collapse leaves aide paralyzed when storm rips through Dallas Cowboys practice facility.