Jarvis Green signs autographs at Training Camp last year.
If it’s up to Jarvis Green, it will not be his last with the Patriots, despite the fact the reserve defensive end was quoted by a Louisiana newspaper as saying 2009 would be his final season in Foxborough.
"Jarvis wants an extension with the New England Patriots. That’s what he wants,’’ said [Green's agent, Albert] Elias. "We called them about it. We want [him] to remain and retire a New England Patriot. Who wouldn’t? He’s involved in the community. He loves the city. He loves Coach Belichick. He loves [defensive line coach Pepper Johnson]. He’s won two Super Bowls. He’d be foolish to go anywhere else.’’
Shalise Manza Young notes Brady's pocket awareness and presence have always been among his biggest strengths, enabling him to slide away from pressure with that extra split-second to deliver a pass.
But while Brady's left knee may be 100 percent, there's no telling how he is mentally — and the between-the-ears recovery, other players say, is the toughest part about coming back from major knee injuries.
"We're so focused as quarterbacks down on the field, ignoring everything that's going on in very close proximity to you," [Former St. Louis Rams quarterback Trent] Green said. "When you're coming back from an injury, especially where someone hit him low, you need to feel that pocket presence, need to feel it closing. It will be good for him the first few times to get hit. He'll realize, ‘I can stand in the pocket, take the hit and everything will be OK. This is just work as usual.' "
- Mike Reiss offers a snapshot of the Patriots at Safety leading up to Training Camp.
- Mike Reiss is back with his online chat today at Noon. Always good stuff here.
- Christopher Price focuses on Wide Receivers in his Countdown to Camp.
- Michael Hurley looks at who will be protecting Brady, the Offensive Line.
- Christopher Price reports contract negotiations with rookie LS Jake Ingram have hit a snag, apparently over the proposed signing bonus.
- Glen Farley contends there is no shortage of candidates to fill Mike Vrabel's position, and that Shawn Crable might be first in line.
- Jeff Howe looks at the Patriots' AFC East competition and says the Jets have serious playoff potential, but they’ve got to establish some offensive balance if they have any plans to get past the Patriots or Pittsburgh Steelers in January.
- Patriots Today: Signings, sightseeing, Gostkowski kicking it up in the UK and more. (10 min. video)
- Frank Mortimer reports that Foxboro selectmen have delayed approval of the Patriots 2009 home game license, saying security personnel issues remain unresolved.
- Fox Sports New England Patriots Team Report and Insider Slant.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) AFC East Training Camp preview.
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) AFC East Training Camp battles.
- Kerry J. Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts) Have we seen the end of New England's dynasty? A whole lot of "ifs" instead of "facts" here.
- Adrian Hasenmayer (Fox Sports) Pre-Camp Power Rankings. Pats 2nd behind Steelers. (Colts 10th, ouch!).
- A make or break year for Bills. (NFP)
- Michael Lombardi (NFP) Rex Ryan's rookie season.
- Gregg Rosenthal (Pro Football Talk) ESPN finally recognizes Roethlisberger story.
- Gregg Rosenthal (Pro Football Talk) ESPN explains position on Roethlisberger.