"Based on that," Thomas said. "I’ll let you figure that one out."
Thomas arrived here three years ago as a marquee free agent, and his tenure will likely end after a season lacking production and high in turmoil. Thomas was clearly upset when Bill Belichick made him inactive in Week 6. The rift between player and coach grew wider late in the season, when Thomas was sent home after arriving late one morning and then defiantly refused to apologize the next.
So today may have been Thomas’s final game.
"It could be," Thomas said. "I don’t know. It’s something I can't control. I wouldn't be surprised."
Julian Edelman said, ‘Tom Brady told us not to quit’
But he’ll also remember how the Patriots fell behind 24-0 after one quarter and never recovered in a 33-14 loss to the Ravens, drawing the curtains on their 2009 season.
As the Patriots headed to the locker room, Edelman, who caught six balls for 44 yards, said the message from Brady was clear through the game - don’t quit.
Afterward Edelman spoke about his day, falling behind 24-0 and what it was like to have Wes Welker on the field as honorary captain.
Boomer Esiason weighs in on Old, slow Pats need for change Here are some highlights from the Q&A and a link to the audio.
The only Patriots player who showed up on Sunday was the one who everyone was worried about: Julian Edelman. It looked like the rest of the team didn’t show up.
Well I agree with you. I couldn’t say it any better than that. It was like a bunch of impostors running around in Patriots uniforms. Tom Brady alluded to that after the game yesterday. The disappointment and dismay that Patriot fans are feeling this morning is just — they’re stunned. Most of us who cover the NFL were stunned. We know that the Ravens come with great intensity, we understand the whole Ray Lewis thing, but to not show up and to play the way they did, especially in the first quarter — it’s like they were sleepwalking — was a major disappointment. And I really can’t put my finger on it. I have no idea why they would put themselves in a situation like that.
- Christopher Price offers some highlights from Belichick's last appearance on The Big Show and Hoodie doesn’t sound in a rush to name an offensive coordinator
- Christopher Price: Patriots Put The Wraps On 2009 Season
- Patriots.com: Locker room uncut - Stunning end to the season
- Patriots.com: Bill Belichick Press Conference - 1/11/2010
- Patriots.com: Rout by Ravens ends 2009 season
- WEEI: Tom Brady on WEEI - 1/11/2010
- WEEI: Sammy Morris and Chris Baker on WEEI - 1/11/2010
- WEEI: Bill Belichick on WEEI - 1/11/2010
- Patriots.com: Erik Scalavino notes Patriots begin period of introspection
- sportingnews.com: Despite Gripes About Welker, Hindsight Not So Clear on Sitting Starters - Michael Tunison - The Sporting Blog - Sporting News
- Baltimoresun.com: The inside scoop and analysis on the team from The Baltimore Sun's Ravens columnist and Ravens beat writer
- ESPN: Brady's final thoughts: 'We'll be back'
- kansascity.com: It’s a happy reunion for Haley, Weis
- Mike Reiss: Wrap-up bits from Bill Belichick
- SI.com: NFL Playoffs, Super Bowl Schedule
- Dan Shaughnessy: Boston was title town with Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics; is it over?