Rob Ninkovich's new nickname on WEEI this morning:reveals LB
The Croatian Sensation
his reaction to the Randy Moss trade. The full interview will be aired tonight.offers
"Randy really knows how I feel about him," said Brady. "I love him, as a guy, as a person, as a player. He did a lot of great things for this team. At the same time I think coach Belichick feels that’s what he thinks he needs to do for the team.
"We as players, we deal with it and we move on. I think I’ve been around long enough to realize nothing really surprises me and the best thing that I can do is be the best quarterback that I can be for the team."
1. Emotion. Moss was a player who often got the team fired up with pre-game, in-game and post-game pep talks. That emotional void will have to be addressed.
2. Three-receiver set. Without a vertical presence like Moss, this could be a return to the quick-rhythm West Coast-style of offense of old when the team is spreading the field with three or more receivers.
3. Tight ends a key. The Patriots' base offense from 2007-2009 has been the pure three-receiver set, but that has changed. Only 36 percent of this year's snaps have come with three "pure" receivers on the field, with the team instead leaning toward multiple tight end sets. Look for that to continue, and perhaps increase, without Moss.
- Erik Scalavino updates us on what happened at Thursday's practice.
- Erik Scalavino notes that comments from both sides are entirely complimentary.
- Bill Belichick Press Conference (6.45 min. video) Plus Transcript.
- Patriots Today - Tom Brady on Moss trade. (1.13 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Team reacts to Moss trade. (4.26 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Pats practice, without Moss. (1.42 min. video)
- Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots are standing tall and firm in their defense of Randy Moss as a person, player and a teammate.
- Mike Reiss says the Patriots will adjust their offense to fill the void left by the Randy Moss trade. The Bye week gives them time to rework the game plan.
- Michael Vega reports on the first day of the post-Randy Moss era, the Patriots showed up for practice and went about their business.
- Karen Guregian offers her notes from Thursday's practice at Gillette.
- Bob Ryan insists 'You know and I know there had to be a big, fat, juicy reason or two for Belichick to trade Moss for a third-round draft choice' in the middle of a season.
- the best thing for this football team... if you still believe in Belichick's coaching philosophh. But he'd better be right. asserts the Moss trade was
- SportsNet Michael Felger and Ron Borges battle about the Randy Moss situation. (4.42 min. video) I'd rather shoot a nail gun through my brain.
- Mike Reiss offers the transcript of his weekly online chat.
- Nick Cafardo recaps Randy Moss introductory press conference as a Viking and while he didn't go into detail on what happened, he said he had no regrets.
- WEEI offers the highlights of the Randy Moss Press Conference.
- Mike Reiss notes Wes Welker was surprised by the Moss trade.
- Karen Guregian reports Vince Wilfork doesn't know what Tedy Bruschi was talking about because "We've never had problems with Randy. We've never had an issue."
- WEEI highlights Jerod Mayo's appearance on the Dennis & Callahan show this morning.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Tom Brady is no longer surprised by team trades, but this one will force him to re-focus; Belichick made clear that Brady was not involved in the decision one way or the other; Players prepared to move on; Practice update.
- Boston Globe Patriots Notebook: Patriots have looked at the possibility of Deion Branch returning to the team; Players talked about having to defend Moss when the Vikes come to Gillette on halloween; Patriots were back on the field for their first practice since beating the Dolphins.
- Gary Marbry offers his Bye Week NFL preview.
- Jim Lazar makes his weekly NFL picks.
- Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) The impact of a big MNF game. How 60 minutes on Monday Night Football can change a career.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Bye Week inventory: New England Patriots and Miami Dolphins.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) Trading Randy Moss weakens the Patriots' offense and could hurt the production of Tom Brady and Wes Welker.
- J.J. Cooper (NFL Fanhouse) Patriots' rebuilding effort in full swing.
- Jeff Darlington (Miami Herald) Dolphins' Vontae Davis will miss rivalry with Randy Moss.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Patriots loaded with 2011 draft picks.
- Adam Schefter (ESPN) Latest on the Branch, Jackson rumors.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) AccuScorre gives Sanchez, Jets the edge.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Sparano says Dolphins not a passing team. "When [they] can run they win. When they have to throw, they lose."
- Aaron Wilson (Nat'l Football Post) Ravens' defense unconcerned about lack of turnovers.
- Peter King (SI) Weekend Pickoff: Week 5.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Week 5 Picks.
- Jason Whitlock (Fox Sports) Favre gives Goodell a prickly dilemma.