Gamethread for the 2nd half along with some first half notes:
- Defensively, this game started out well before taking a turn for the worse. The defense got the pressure going the first couple of drives, shot down the run, and got the ball for the offense.
- On offense, the Patriots moved the ball into the redzone following a nice punt return by Julian Edelman. With a fourth and one within the five, the Patriots opted for the field goal. Personally, I would have liked to have seen the Patriots make a statement and go for it.
- Things fell apart defensively from then. Even when they got pressure on Shaun Hill, he was able to escape from the pocket and make plays on the ground.
- The Patriots allowed back-to-back touchdown drives before finally getting things going offensively. Down 14-3, Tom Brady led the Patriots down the field thanks in part to a 3rd down pass interference drawn by Danny Woodhead (after a dropped deep pass from Brandon Tate) and a gutsy third and one play action pass to Aaron Hernandez for a big gain. The star of the drive was BenJarvus Green-Ellis, who couldn't be slowed, eventually scoring on a bruising 15 yard rush.
- With less than a minute to go in the half, the Patriots' defense couldn't stop the Lions, who marched right down the field to pick up 3 points and go up 17-10 to end the first half.