Bill Belichick makes his post-game comments following the Patriots win in Detroit.
"Happy Thanksgiving everyone. It was a good atmosphere there in the locker room. I really appreciate what these guys have done so far this year. To be where we're at has taken a lot of hard work. It hasn't always been perfect. It hasn't even been good, but it is what it is.
We've got a good opportunity here ahead of us, so we're going to relax here - kick back for a couple days, try to take this opportunity to rest and spend a little time with our families and be ready to roll here next week with the Jets. As far as today goes, it was a real good effort in the second half. We outscored them 35-7 in the second half. A lot of things have to go right. Certainly our offense did a real good of making big plays, getting the ball in the endzone, taking advantage of a couple turnover opportunities that we had. That was a big play by Devin (McCourty) there that kind of really swung the game a little bit, with giving us the field position and putting us back where we could be on the even-par with Detroit instead of chasing them all the time like we were in the first half.
In the end, it was just a lot of guys stepping up and making plays. They're a good offensive team and they played well today. I think Jim has done a good job with this team. They're much improved from where they were the last time we saw them. They're very competitive, very good offensively. There's a lot things we need to work on obviously, but we'll just enjoy it here for a couple days and then start grinding it out for the Jets."
"We showed some resiliency. I think coming out in the second half and playing the way we did - the crowd was really into it. I think Devin's interception was a huge play in the game. We executed much better in the second half, so great for everybody."
"I think once the speed of the game calmed down a little bit and we could get it under control, we did a great job. That's a hell of a pass rushing team.(with) Vanden Bosch, Avril, Suh on the inside and Corey Williams."
- Post Game Notes: Patriots at Lions: Team and player milestones reached, records set and trends continued.
- Erik Scalavino analyzes the Patriots win over Detroit and the difference in the second half.
- Post Game Quotes: Patriots and Lions.
- Post Game Press Conferences: Bill Belichick (4.59 min. video), Tom Brady (1.44 min. video), Wes Welker (4.15 min. video) and Deion Branch (8.44 min. video) plus transcripts.
- Ian Rapoport recaps the Patriots overcoming a sluggish first half to decimate the Lions in the second.
- Shalise Manza Young details the Patriots' Thanksgiving day feast of the Lions.
- Greg A. Bedard brushes off the Lions win and looks to the huge game ahead versus the Jets.
- Bob Ryan likes the Pats' balanced offense and says Randy Moss may be going to the Hall of Fame, but Deion Branch is going to the playoffs.
- Mike Reiss talks about the 1-2 punch of Deion Branch and Wes Welker.
- Ron Borges focuses on the stellar play of Deion Branch, "He toasted Smith like a marshmallow at Boy Scout camp."
- Mike Petraglia reports Tom Brady loves his 'Patriot kind of guys.'
- Tom E. Curran lauds Branch and Welker in turning these Patriots into a tough team.
- Mike Reiss feels their response to adversity says everything about these New England Patriots against Detroit.
- Mike Reiss identifies the top 5 storylines from the Patriots win in Detroit.
- Mike Reiss gives his rapid reaction to the Patriots win over the Lions, 45-24.
- Mike Reiss offers his quick hit thoughts and observations about the game: First quarter - Second quarter - Third quarter.
- Monique Walker talks about Tom Brady's perfect passer rating against the Lions, the second time he earned it in his career.
- Mike Reiss says that unlike a lot of QBs Tom Brady just kept getting better despite getting hit early and often.
- Michael Felger doesn't know if we can expect much more from the Patriots defense than what they're showing, so it's going to be all on Brady.
- Mike Reiss describes Devin McCourty's interception early in the second half turned the momentum of the game.
- Dave Hogg reports Devin McCourty outplayed Ndamukong Suh yesterday in the competition for Defensive Rookie of the Year.
- Mike Reiss talks with Logan Mankins about the chippy play near the end of the game.
- Mike Reiss notes Bill Belichick gave the players four days off following the win.
- Karen Guregian details the play of the game, Deion Branch beating Alphonso Smith and faking him all the way into the endzone.
- Christopher Price lists Ten Things we learned Thursday. Devin McCourty is making the leap.
- Tom E. Curran has Five Thoughts from Patriots at Lions.
- Ron Borges presents his Best & Worst of Patriots vs. Lions.
- Tom E. Curran and Mary Paoletti offer their Best and Worst from Pats-Lions.
- Mike Reiss offers his 3 up and 3 down for the Patriots.
- WEEI: What went right and what went wrong in Patriots 45, Lions 24.
- Monique Walker Patriots Notebook: Devin McCourty's teammates believe his play is worthy of national attention; The pushing and shoving near the end brought Belichick on the field to separate his players from the pack; Danny Woodhead signed an extension; BenJarvus Green-Ellis has 9 rushing TDs, tied for second most behind Arian Foster (12); Wes Welker has six TDs, two shy of his career; Injury updates.
- NFL Game Center: New England Patriots at Detroit Lions. Recap, analysis, stats and that nifty highlight video.
- ESPN Stats and Information Next-level stats: Patriots-Lions.
- Chris Burke (NFL FanHouse) Corey Williams, Chris Houston call out Lions teammates after loss to Patriots.
- Mike O'Hara (Fox Sports) Brady at his best against Lions.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Report: Patriots extend Danny Woodhead.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots players of the week.
- Thanksgiving game notes: Brees to Moore, Brady, Revis beats T.O. and more. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Toni Monkovic (NY Times) Are Jets ready for Patriots?
- Les Carpenter (Yahoo! Sports) Kraft parlays parking lots into thriving franchise.
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) 32 reasons to give thanks in the NFL.
VIEW FROM DETROIT
- Chris McCosky (Detroit News) Tom Brady, quick-strike Patriots too powerful for Lions.
- Carlos Monarrez (Detroit Free Press) Tom Brady, Patriots carve up Lions' secondary.
- Bob Wojnowski (Detroit News) Lions feast early, then fall asleep.
- Chris McCosky (Detroit News) Patriots QB Tom Brady off-limits after Lions hit him early.
- Tim Twentyman (Detroit News) Lions CB Alphonso Smith: I gave Patriots the game.
- John Niyo (Detroit News) Tom Brady's return to Michigan is perfect.
- Michael Rosenberg (Detroit Free Press) Lions fed up on Thanksgiving, and not in a good way.
- Dave Birkett (Detroit Free Press) Schwartz: Penalties, injuries are factors, not excuses.
- Philip Zaroo (MLive.com) Lions' Shaun Hill says Patriots defender was 'literally trying to break my arm.'
- Dave Birkett (Detroit Free Press) Hot topics from Lions' loss to Patriots.