Greg A. Bedard reports the Monday night showdown Dec. 6 between the Jets and Patriots will get some extra juice from one of the most emotional leaders in Patriots history.
Former linebacker Tedy Bruschi will be honored by the team at halftime of the game at Gillette Stadium.
"Tedy was kind enough to let us honor him,’’ said Patriots owner Robert Kraft. "We know he’s working for ESPN, and knowing what a beloved rival the New York Jets are, we thought it was appropriate.’’
"These guys, young guys, they realized they're professionals," marveled Vince Wilfork after the game. "To be young and realize that, it's tough. But these guys really do. They know it's a profession, they know it's their job. They work their tail off. For somebody like me to see these young guys work their butts off, I feel happy. Here I am seven years in the league, I'm working my butt off and they're right with me. That gives me a lot of support out there on the field."
- Erik Scalavino serves up some Lions leftovers and lets us in on the Jets week schedule.
- Patriots Today - Gut check game sends Pats to 9-2. (3.25 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Pats soar in second half. (3.36 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Patriots post-game reactions in Detroit. (3.38 min. video)
- Patriots All Access Thanksgiving memories: Ron Brace, Brian Hoyer and Julian Edelman.
- WEEI Patriots Friday: Jerod Mayo (3.20 min.), Danny Woodhead (9.21 min.) and Fred Taylor (9.51 min.)
- Monique Walker reports the Patriots were given four days off for good behavior after winning three games in 12 days.
- Tedy Bruschi observes that in their convincing win over the Lions, the Patriots show they're versatile, tough and determined.
- Robert Lee notes that despite their flaws, the Patriots sit at 9-2.
- Karen Guregian reports Fox Sports/NFLN analyst Brian Baldinger believes Bill Belichick was trying to rebuild the offense with the Randy Moss trade in order to best beat the Jets.
- Christopher Price writes that over the last two months, few teams have changed as much as the Patriots and next Monday could be a whole new ballgame for both teams.
- Mike Reiss offers his quick-hit thoughts from around the league and the Pats.
- Tom E. Curran sees the Patriots buoyed by their rookies' professionalism.
- Ian Rapoport notes that of Brady's 341 yards, just 160 actually came in the air.
- Nate Dow presents a complete look at the league's top 10 running backs in average gain per offensive touch. Danny Woodhead is number 3 on that list.
- Greg A. Bedard argues not many games will rival this buildup to Pats-Jets a week from Monday.
- Mike Rodak takes a look at the television copy of Thursday's game against the Lions and offers his observations: First quarter - Second quarter - Third quarter - Fourth quarter.
- Mike Reiss looks at the offensive snaps played by Patriots skill position players and analyzes the results.
- Mike Reiss points out Bill O'Brien is on a hot streak as the offense has struck the desired balance. Here is the breakdown on the balance in the last three games.
- Mike Reiss looks at the snaps played by Patriots defenders in Thursday's 45-24 win over the Lions, while analyzing possible trends in the weeks ahead.
- Mike Reiss looks at Patriots pass protection and gives a sack-per-pass-play breakdown of the season.
- CSNNE transcribes NFL Films' Sound FX segment of Bill Belichick mic'd up against the Colts. The video clip shows him stressing disguised coverage and jammed receivers in their attempt to stop Peyton Manning.
- Mike Reiss profiles the football journey of Shayne Graham.
- Greg A. Bedard reports Robert Kraft's top priority is crafting a labor deal, "For us collectively to mess this up would be criminal."
- Monique Walker Patriots Notebook: Rex Ryan thinks the Jets should be seen as the number one team in the league; Ryan has respect for former Jet Danny Woodhead and says Tom Brady is the main guy to plan for; Vince Wilfork displayed his endurance against the Colts, playing 64 our of 73 defensive snaps; Lions QB Shaun Hill admitted he gave up the ball after a QB sneak when a Pats defender was "trying to break my arm"; Pats-Lions on CBS drew huge ratings.
- Ron Borges Patriots Week 12 Report Card.
- Michael Felger Patriots Week 12 Report Card.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Jets, Patriots will be rested up for clash.
- Rich Cimini (ESPNNY) Rex Ryan, Jets ready for marquee game with New England Patriots.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Final Word: AFC East.
- Kevin Acee (San Diego Union Tribune) Manning not a fan of losing to Chargers.
- Michael Marot, AP (Washington Post) Colts' Manning turns attention to making amends.
- 'Cheating' in the NFL goes beyond the camera. Broncos get caught, but there are other ways to get valuable information. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Ex-Patriots land in another video mess.
- Peter King (SI) Weekend Pickoff: Week 12.