Yeah, I bet Chan's really worried about that.
how the Patriots have been able to finish six in a row.answers a question about
I'll tell you what: Cleveland was a wakeup call for us. They put it to us. We had a gut check. I don't think there is one guy who left that game happy with anything he did that day. And I think we came together as a team and started putting more emphasis on little things. It's not the big things; it's all about the little things because the little things take care of the big things in the end. Ever since then I think we've just been focused in and one of our goals has been finishing, watching more film, watching to see what our opponents do in certain situations. And I think everyone is doing it, not just certain guys, everyone.
It helps us as a team when we are able to do that and go out on the field and have the confidence - if we're behind, if we're ahead, the tendencies that these teams [have]. It gives us an edge as a team and we've been winning like that, so we have to do more of it. It gets tougher and tougher. Late in the season - December - you have to be able to win ballgames, whatever it takes to win.
People are banged up all around the league. It's not just here; it's everywhere. It's the nature of the game, so you can't feel sorry for yourself right now. You have to do what's best for the team and for yourself, and that's you're health. With the sickness and everything going around, you have to be a professional right now, so take care of your bodies and find a way to win on Sundays. That's always been a goal of ours and more importantly, it's definitely a goal of ours this week. I think this game is probably a big game for us. Every game is a big one. Especially being a division game, it's a very big game for us.
- Erik Scalavino says that with a playoff bye on the line, now's not the time for New England's win streak over Buffalo to end.
- The New England Patriots announced today that the NFL has named Dan Connolly AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
- GMC Never Say Never Moment of Week 15 (NFL.com) Vote here for nominee Dan Connolly.
- Pepsi Rookie for the Week (NFL.com) Cast your vote for Aaron Hernandez here.
- Wednesday Press Conferences: Bill Belichick (16.07 min.) and Vince Wilfork (14.30 min. video) plus Transcripts.
- Bills Conference Calls: Chan Gailey (7.49 min. video) and WR Steve Johnson (8.30 min. video) plus Transcripts.
- Wednesday locker room quotes from Jerod Mayo, Alge Crumpler and Kyle Arrington.
- Patriots Today - Pats bound for Buffalo. (3.42 min. video)
- Patriots Today - An update from the practice field. (1.35 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Thoughts from Crumpler, Arrington. (3.06 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Belichick Breakdown: Patriots vs. Packers.
- Shalise Manza Young notes there's plenty to talk up about the BIlls since the Patriots played them last.
- Steve Buckley writes the Patriots don't see the Bills as a 'gimme game' especially since over the last six games the Bills have gone 4-2, the same as the Jets.
- Glen Farley reports the Patriots are hoping to wrap up the top seed this weekend.
- Greg A. Bedard notes three days later, Dan Connolly's unexpected 71-yard kickoff return against the Packers was still the talk around Gillette Stadium, and elsewhere.
- Mark Farinella points to the Browns game as the season's turning point.
- Christopher Price says the Patriots are using the lessons learned against Cleveland in preparing for the Bills.
- Steven Krasner has an excellent piece spotlighting how the Patriots' defensive line perseveres, despite injuries and setbacks.
- Mike Reiss gives his take on Steven Krasner's piece that focuses on the Patriots' defensive line.
- Ian Rapoport notes Vince Wilfork is destroying the stereotype of a nose tackle by being on the field more than 80 percent of the time. He takes pride in his conditioning.
- Robert Lee notes Vince Wilfork is the anchor of the Patriots changing defensive unit.
- Jennifer Toland reports Vince Wilfork has given the Pats their money's worth.
- Mary Paoletti focuses on Gerard Warren, saying teammates know how invaluable the lineman has been to the 12-2 Patriots.
- Robert Lee reports this defense may be imperfect, but it steps up at critical junctures.
- Tony Mazzarotti wonders if the Patriots' inability to stop opponents from running will be their undoing.
- Jennifer Toland knows what Ron Brace wants for Christmas this year, a trip to Buffalo and a chance to play.
- Mike Reiss reveals Rob Ninkovich earned this week's "Dirty Show" belt as the player coaches felt he had the best week of practice on the scout team leading to a win Sunday night.
- Mike Reiss looks at where the Patriots rank in fan Pro Bowl voting.
- Brian Billick on WEEI says Tom Brady deserves MVP.
- Mike Rodak takes a look at the Patriots' roster by contract length.
- Christopher Price tells us the five most important things we need to know from Gillette on Wednesday.
- Mike Reiss offers some sights and sounds from Wednesday at Gillette.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Fred Taylor was still upbeat despite being a healthy scratch last week for the first time ever in his career; Tom Brady missed practice Wednesday with the flu, Ron Brace returned; Fan voting for the Pro Bowl ended yesterday with Tom Brady topping everyone; The Patriots are looking to defeat the Bills for the 15th time in a row Sunday.
- Jeff Howe notes Bills coach Chan Gailey joked he is pledging to kick away from Patriots breakout returner Dan Connolly.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Fitzpatrick floored by Tom Brady's streak.
- The Sports Xchange (CBS Sports) Patriots report: Inside slant.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Trent Dilfer has seen nothing like these Pats.
- Nolan Nawrocki (Pro Football Weekly) Analyzing Patriots ORT Sebastian Vollmer from a scout's perspective, detailing his positives and negatives.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Tom Brady wins fan vote for Pro Bowl.
- Mike Sando (ESPN) MVP watch.
- Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon (ESPN) Pardon the Interruption: Tom Brady or Michael Vick for MVP? (1.26 min. video)
- Tim Graham (ESPN) AFC East Stock Watch.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) NFL should tread lightly with "Legend Killer" Bills' rookie LB Arthur Moats.
- Dom Bonvissuto (SI) NFL Playoff Projections, Week 16.
VIEW FROM BUFFALO
- Sal Maiorana (Democrat and Chronicle) Buffalo Bills' C.J. Spiller hasn't made a big impact.
- Mark Gaughan (Buffalo News) Bills' draft spot sliding down.
- Jerry Sullivan (Buffalo News) Patriots unlikely to give much away vs. Bills.
- Mark Gaughan (Buffalo News) Jackson faces tough path to 1,000 yards. Bills running back receives high praise from Patriots coach.