he's feeling good and that having the flu hasn't affected his preparation.held his weekly news conference this morning, saying
"I'm ready for Santa Claus and I'm ready to play some football."
1. Patriots must win the turnover battle.
2. Run the ball on the Buffalo defense.
3. Stop Bills' wide receiver Steve Johnson.
"I believe he is clearly their best offensive player. When they win, it's usually because he plays well. In their four wins, he averaged 112 total yards from scrimmage. He is an all-around back. Patriots Director of Player Personnel Nick Caserio compared him to Matt Forte and I couldn't have come up with a better comparison. He catches the ball out of the backfield. He runs it. He does it all for that team."
- Tom Brady Friday Press Conference. (10.33 min. video)
- Erik Scalavino tells us what happened at Thursday's practice and in the locker room.
- Andy Hart offers his Bills week Friday six-pack.
- Erik Scalavino reports Sebastian Vollmer is quietly having a solid season.
- Patriots-Bills Thursday injury report.
- Patriots players share most memorable Christmas presents.
- Patriots locker room quotes from Thursday.
- Ian Rapoport reports on the unheralded Patriots who have no comfort zone to settle into and must work harder every week just to keep their playing time.
- Monique Walker focuses on Kyle Arrington and Kyle Love who are working to make the most of the opportunity they've been given to be regular contributors.
- Glen Farley reveals Deion Branch and Tom Brady have a bit of an ongoing Ping Pong competition.
- Christopher Price tells us the five most important things to know about the Patriots on Thursday.
- Mark Farinella says that Tom Brady's case of the flu demonstrates what kinds of things players are dealing with this time of year that have nothing do to with the football field.
- Mike Reiss sees one key matchup to watch is on the O-line. With Dan Connolly battling a concussion, Ryan Wendell or Quinn Ojinnaka could be making their first start.
- Steve Buckley notes Gerard Warren is usually packing up his stuff and getting ready to ship it home this time of year, and he's happy to be on a contending team.
- Jeff Howe reports Patriots LB Tracy White thinks it would be a dream come true if he earned a trip to the Pro Bowl as special teamer.
- Gary Marbry offers his stat-packed Patriots vs. Bills preview.
- Mike Farrell writes about the Bills fans' natural hatred for the winning Patriots.
- Robert Lee notes the Bills say their 14-game losing streak to the Patriots means nothing.
- Glen Farley sees Bills' QB Fitzpatrick providing more "squirt" to Buffalo's offensive gun.
- Tom King notes the Bills will present a greater challenge this time around.
- Robert Lee reports as always, neither the Patriots nor Bill Belichick will admit to looking past the Bills.
- Jill Seward checks out what the Patriots' favorite Christmas memories are.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Tom Brady was back at practice with a large bottle of cough syrup in his locker; Sunday is a hat and shirt day with a win over Buffalo or a loss by the Jets at Chicago; Stopping RB Steven Jackson will be a top priority; Julian Edelman received public support from Bill Belichick in spite of his recent drops.
- Monique Walker Patriots Notebook: Tom Brady was back at practice yesterday; Deion Branch says players have to be diligent about taking care of their bodies this time of year; Six Patriots did not practice yesterday; Wes Welker and Deion Branch are being lauded for their unselfish blocking for their teammates; Dan Connolly's NFL record return is now honored at The Hall at Patriot Place.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Bills have little hope against Patriots.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots-Bills matchup of the day: C.J. Spiller vs. Patriots kick-coverage unit.
- Fox Sports Choose the top moment of 2010.
- Jason Whitlock (Fox Sports) Ryan needs to start acting like a coach.
- Don Banks (SI) A season full of comebacks.
- Peter King (SI) Weekend Pickoff: Week 16. Pats 26, Bills 13.
- ESPNNY Jets owner apologizes to Kraft for wall talk.
VIEW FROM BUFFALO
- Jim Kelly (BuffaloBills.com) Riding some momentum heading into Patriots week.
- Allen Wilson (Buffalo News) Patriots' targets think big: 'New Smurfs' excel in Brady's offense.
- Allen Wilson (Buffalo News) Wilfork will be tough test for Bills' interior offensive linemen.
- Sal Maiorana (Democrat and Chronicle) Buffalo Bills aren't the only team losing to the Patriots.
- Mark Gaughan (Buffalo News) Quality of play hasn't played much in the past decade.