Rex loves to talk, as we all know, and since I'm sure he's long since finished the gameplan for the lowly Patriots who can't in any way match up with his big, bad Jets, maybe he'll kill some time by dropping by our site to peruse our posts. If he does, I've got a few questions I'd love to ask him.
Questions for The Rex:
1) When you were a boy, did you always dream of growing up to be so physically repulsive?
2) Did your lap-band weight loss surgery come with a money back guarantee? Because....how to put this....it doesn't look like it worked.
3) You're a good coach and you have a good team. Why are you so insecure?
4) Has it ever occurred to you that praise is much more effective and meaningful if it comes FROM OTHER PEOPLE rather than yourself? Why do you feel the need to constantly tell us what a great coach you are, what a great defensive mastermind you are? Don't you think it would mean more if other people were singing your praises once in a while---you know, they way they do constantly with Bill Belichick? Belichick never talks about what a great coach he is--but, then again, he doesn't have to since everybody on TV and the papers and online (even those who don't like him) are always talking about what a genius he is.
Do you think it just might mean more if someone other than Rex Ryan was doing the talking about how great Rex Ryan is?
5) Do you still blame yourself for costing the Baltimore Ravens a Monday Night Football upset against the 2007 Patriots by rushing on the field to call a timeout that negated your team's defensive stop and gave the Pats another chance which they used to go on and win the game? You should, because that loss is squarely on you and your coaching blunder. No wonder you're so sensitive about Belichick's rings.
6) Did you ever think that the way to get some respect would be to win a title? And then another? And then another? And then go 16-0? Then some brash, loudmouth coach would snarl about not kissing your rings. I know you seem to think you've won something down there in Gotham, but the last time I checked my NFL record book, no Jets team has won anything since 1969.
Ouch. Deal with it.