1. Going to be interesting how effective the “Ground and Pound” of the Jets is going to be if LT is the feature back as the cold weather starts to set in. Last time I looked, LT played in sunny California for his entire career and was never a cold weather game runner. Thomas Jones who the Jets let go this year, was perfect for December and January games but now resides in Kansas City.
2. I don’t want to hear any more about the Colts problems stem from a lack of a running game. The Patriots have BJEG carrying the rock and of I am correct, he was somewhere around fourth or fifth on the depth chart at the beginning of the year. Maybe Polian should be taking a bigger hit than Peyton Manning for the lack of quality depth at the Offensive line and Running back position.
3. Last year Mark Sanchez was efficient on the big stage going to Cincy, San Diego and Indy, where two of the three games were warm and controlled climate stadiums. If the Jets get home field advantage throughout the playoffs, can a USC product thrive in a cold-weather stadium in New Jersey?
4. What is up with 4th and 2? Last year Colts and Pats we all know what happened, last night Ravens pass on field goal and throw incomplete pass to lose game, and finally the Bengals get an infraction call against the Saints that allows a new set of downs for Brees to throw the winning TD.
5. With Carolina owning the worst record in the league, having the first pick in the second round is almost like having 3 picks in the first round if you include the Raiders and their own.