Well that was a really great effort by our players tonight. I'm really proud of them. I thought that this was the best 60 minutes of football we've played all year. We had a good week of practice and everybody was really focused and we just got a lot of solid play from really everybody. It was a good night for us. We'll take it. The Jets are a good football team. I'm sure we haven't heard the last from them, but tonight was our night. I'm glad it could be on Tedy Bruschi night. I'm sure this is a game that Tedy is proud of and he was a part of many like this, so I think we got a little inspiration from him tonight.
"It feels great. One of the biggest games, probably the biggest game I've ever played in, and it's just an honor to come out with this type of victory.
how preparation translated into success and whether he thinks defensive statistics matter.on
"We used our time wisely. We prepared extremely well. Like coach said after the game, we had our best week of practice of the whole year. And we put it together for 60 minutes. It was the first time all season we put it together for 60 minutes. And like we said, each week we're getting closer, we're getting closer, we're getting closer, and I think we went out there and made a nice statement tonight."
"The only thing that matters about us is getting wins and getting takeaways. And we've been doing a great job of getting the ball for our offense, and today we played a solid game defensively for 60 minutes. And, well you see what happened."
- Post Game Notes: Patriots vs. Jets. Team and player milestones reached, records set and streaks extended.
- Erik Scalavino notes the Patriots finally played well, in all phases, for an entire game.
- Post Game Pressers: Bill Belichick (5.14 min. video), Tom Brady (4.52 min. video), Wes Welker (2.48 min. video), Danny Woodhead (3.06 min. video) and Jerod Mayo (1.33 min. video) plus Transcripts.
- Jets Post Game Pressers: Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez.
- Patriots Today - Analysis from a lopsided Patriots win. (4.16 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Bruschi halftime ceremony. (7.56 min. video) plus Transcript.
- Locker Room Uncut - Locker room reaction after blowout win. (3.48 min. video)
- Shalise Manza Young reports the Patriots didn't just do their talking on the field, they shouted.
- Ian Rapoport recaps the Patriots 45-3 beatdown of the Jets and their improved positioning for the playoffs.
- Greg A. Bedard states is simply, "The Jets are frauds. Period."
- Jackie MacMullan finds that somehow, the great Tom Brady has taken his game to an even higher level.
- Ron Borges writes the Jets have no answers for Tom Brady's perfection.
- Tom E. Curran reports the Patriots followed Brady's lead to crush the Jets. Brady was confident with the game plan going in and had good reason to be.
- Danny Picard observes how Deion Branch answered Cris Carter's criticism with three receptions for 64 yards and a TD.
- Steven Krasner writes that in true Patriots style, Danny Woodhead says winning, not revenge, was his motivator.
- Danny Picard notes the Patriots defense didn't bend or break vs. the Jets.
- Chad Finn focuses on Devin McCourty, who is a rookie in name only.
- Karen Guregian asserts Rex Ryan proved to be no match for Bill Belichick.
- Kirk Minihane notes the Jets' play spoke volumes about head coach Rex Ryan.
- Ian Rapoport looks at the performance of Jets DB tandem Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie.
- Christopher Price lists ten things we learned Monday. Simply put, they have now earned the right to put up their own pictures.
- Shalise Manza Young describes the ceremony honoring Tedy Bruschi at halftime last night.
- Bob Ryan writes that no matter what else happens, the fans will always have DJ (Destroy the Jets) Day.
- Dan Shaughnessy sees another golden season in the making for the Patriots.
- Michael Felger is talking Championship already.
- Mike Petraglia notes Santonio Holmes and the Jets were the latest to learn to respect Devin McCourty.
- DJ Bean points out the Patriots offense easily handled Antonio Cromartie this time around.
- Mike Rodak hears the Patriots being hard on themselves, even in victory.
- Bob Ryan sees the Patriots vs. Jets as the best show in town last night.
- Mike Reiss sums up the five storylines from last night's win.
- Tom E. Curran gives us five thoughts following last night's win.
Mike Reiss presents his
three up, three downsix up, zero down for the Patriots.
- Kirk Minihane tells us what went right and what went wrong following the game.
- Tom E. Curran, Danny Picard and Mary Paoletti offer the Best and Worst from the Pats Monday night win.
- Monique Walker Patriots Notebook: Patriots defense plays better than their statistics; Randy Moss has to be kicking himself, and Cris Carter too; Aaron Hernandez broke the Patriots' rookie record for receptions by a tight end; McCourty did well matched up with Braylon Edwards and gives credit to secondary coach Josh boyer; Jets had to be kicking themselves for not holding on to Danny Woodhead; BenJarvus Green-Ellis is the first Patriot since Corey Dillon to rush for double digit TDs; Darius Butler got his first start since Week 2; Fred Taylor saw his first action since returning from a turf toe injury.
- NFL Game Center: New York Jets at New England Patriots. Recap, stats, analysis and those nifty highlight videos.
- Don Banks (SI) Patriots move to top of AFC, Jets exposed, Brady's roll and more.
- Game notes: Jets-Patriots. Brady works over the Jets' D and Sanchez disappoints. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Patriots back on top of the league.
- Greg Bishop (NY Times) Big game is no contest.
- William C. Rhoden (NY Times) Patriots' romp stirs questions, and not just about Jets.
- Sean Deveney (Sporting News) Brady, Patriots silence Jets.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Patriots show Jets who's boss in AFC East.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Rapid Reaction: Patriots 45, Jets 3.
- ESPN Stats and Information: Inside the numbers on the Pats' blowout.
- Jason Whitlock (Fox Sports) Peyton Manning can't compare to Tom Brady.
- Suzy Kolber, Matt Millen and Steve Young (ESPN) Break down of how the Patriots dominated the Jets on Monday Night Football. (4 min. video)
- Jim Trotter (SI) McDaniels sealed his own fate.
VIEW FROM NEW YORK
- Mark Cannizzaro (NY Post) Jets crash and burn in AFC East 'showdown'.
- Manish Mehta (NY Daily News) New York Jets are picked apart by Tom Brady and Danny Woodhead in embarrassing 45-3 loss to Patriots.
- Steve Serby (NY Post) Out-coached, out-QB'd, outclassed.
- Mike Lupica (NY Daily News) New York Jets and Rex Ryan melt under pressure of bright lights against Tom Brady's Patriots.
- Mike Vaccaro (NY Post) Patriots make mouthy Jets speechless.
- Hank Gola (NY Daily News) Gap between Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady never wider after Jets are routed by Patriots in New England.
- Hank Gola, Manish Mehta and Gary Myers (NY Daily News) Rex Ryan says Bill Belichick kicked his butt in loss to Patriots, defends Nick Folk field goal call.
- Gary Myers (NY Daily News) After being picked apart by patriots, it may be time for Rex Ryan to kiss Bill Belichick's rings.
- Bart Hubbuch (NY Post) Tom Brady made the Jets pick their poison.
- Tim Bontemps (NY Post) Sweet revenge for Woodhead.