Adam Kilgore offers some Patriot thoughts from the Pro Bowl Sunday.
Brandon Meriweather: "Anytime you get a chance to play with some of the best in the game, you have to embrace it. It's a dream come true for me. Ever since I was little, I've been watching this game, hoping that one day, I would get a chance to play with some of these guys and actually play in it. Now that I've got my chance, I'm just to embrace it and stay humble."
Vince Wilfork: "It's always a good thing when you get all the elite players on one field in one place to come out and play a football game. It boils down to one thing, basically having fun and giving fans a chance to see everybody on the same field, the best of the best playing a football game. It's been fun."
Back to Coach Belichick … put it this way: Bill Belichick is hands down one of the Top 5 funniest people I know. I know the stonefaced head coach on the sideline looks anything but funny. I understand that his post-game hand shakes and interviews are the stuff of legend, but get to know the man and he will have you rolling for days!
When MySpace and Facebook first came out, coach Bill warned us to stay off of "YearBook and MyFace." Hopefully, that gives you guys a little insight into New England’s favorite coach.
- Andy Hart sets the record straight on Asante Samuel's tattoo. It doesn't say "Get Paid" it says "Get Rich To This" showing a city behind a fist full of bills. Same thing.
- John Cockrell Friday Out-Takes: Shutting down the Jersey sure.
- Ian Rapoport notes the Patriots enjoyed the AFC victory in the Pro Bowl, plus a bit of fun and sun.
- Albert Breer reports Vince Wilfork and Logan Mankins each plan to take a break from football for a while, take a vacation and focus on their families.
- Albert Breer asks about the Patriots who didn't make the NFL's all-decade team, and argues Rodney Harrison could have made it in over Darren Sharper.
- Mike Reiss reports that the NFL announced its All-Decade team Sunday and the Patriots are well represented.
- Adam Kilgore discusses Logan Mankins unlucky timing entering free agency this particular year, but notes the Patriots durable guard remains upbeat and sure that everything will work out.
- Mike Reiss crafts the perfect deal between Wilfork and the Patriots. Hopefully he sent a copy to both sides.
- Albert Breer talks with Vince Wilfork at the Pro Bowl and asked him "point blank" if he was upset with the Patriots. Wilfork said "Not at all. We said we were gonna start back talking at the end of the season, so I'm pretty sure I'll get a phone call sooner than later about what direction we're going to go in, and talk."
- Albert Breer explains why Vince Wilfork doesn't want the franchise tag.
- Mike Reiss says Brady is still the Patriots' leading man. Despite glitches, injuries, QB should be at team's helm for some time to come.
- Albert Breer notes the difference between the Patriots of this year and those that won Super Bowls can be found in their regular season matchups against the Colts and Saints.
- Albert Breer notes Chargers WR Kareem Osgood paid tribute to Randy Moss and the Patriots at the Pro Bowl, saying he would love to play for Mr. Belichick. "He's an outstanding coach. I admire him."
- Adam Kilgore looks at the possibility of FA Julius Peppers playing for the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss offers his analysis of the Patriots' Corwin Brown hire.
- Ian Rapoport notes Brandon Meriweather thinks Corwin Brown was a good hire.
- Mike Reiss offers a few quick-hit thoughts on the news that tight end coach Shane Waldron will not return to the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss offers some quick-hit thoughts from around the NFL and with the Patriots. Worth a read.
- Karen Guregian talks about the scouting department's intense pregame grilling of NFL prospects at the Senior Bowl.
- Bob Ryan writes there have been a lot of great quarterbacks, but no one has ever played the position better than Peyton Manning is playing it right now at this moment.
- Mike Reiss notes he won't be kicking in his fifth Super Bowl, but Adam Vinatieri remains a team guy.
- Mike Reiss notes Adam Vinatieri said his most memorable Super Bowl was the first one he won, not because it came down to the kick but because it was his first win.
- Keith Groller (The Morning Call) Dan Koppen was happy to be back at Whitehall High School on Friday night, thrilled to be one of the new inductees into the school district's Hall of Fame.
- Howard Bryant (ESPNBoston) After a decade of riches in Boston, a market correction seems inevitable.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Help me pick '09 All-AFC East team.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Rex Ryan was caught on camera displaying a middle finger to Miami Dolphins fans at a mixed martial arts event in Sunrise, FL.
- Mark Cannizzaro (NY Post) Rowdy coach Rex salutes Jet haters and now the fat's in the fire.
- Tony Pauline (SI) Brandon Graham shines at Senior Bowl.
- Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) Four days at the Senior Bowl: Taking care of business and keeping an eye on clients.
- Pro Football Weekly NFL Scouting combine invitation list.
- buildup to Super Bowl is about much more than football. (SI) For players,
- Robert Boland (Nat'l Football Post) Owners seek double-digit cut in player salaries. Union is unhappy, but there's room for both sides to negotiate.