Newest Patriot LB Marques Murrell (no. 94) gets to shed his gang green skin in New England this year.
Mike Reiss recaps Robert Kraft's interview with sports radio WEEI on Tuesday and this comment stood out:
"It's the chemistry in the locker room. You guys know how many games are lost in the locker room, if you have a few bad apples who lead people along the wrong way. So we have to put all that together, and we've been able to sign a number of our guys this year that we felt were No. 1 or 2 in the marketplace. If we had to go out and sign someone else, and bring someone else in here, we wouldn't have the same knowledge of that individual."
I Love U NE!
his star turn in Reebok's new Zigtech commercial. Now get outta here!gets
Paul Perillo isn't too impressed with the
nonames the Patriots have brought in for a look so far in free agency.
- Paul Perillo talks about the tight end situation.
- Ask PFW: Open season.
interviews Vince Wilfork as he discusses his new deal with the Patriots. (12.43 min. audio). WEEI provides the transcript.
- Patriots Today - Wilfork's reaction. (1.50 min. video)
- Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft gives an interview on WEEI's "The Big Show" Tuesday. (47.35 min. audio) WEEI provides the transcript.
- Albert Breer details how the Bodden deal got done and why Green is now a Bronco.
- Ian Rapoport notes Leigh Bodden's return closed what would have been a gaping hole in the team's secondary.
- Christopher Price puts Leigh Bodden in the spotlight.
- Albert Breer breaks down the Wilfork contract numbers and how it works out to $40 million. Includes $1,185,000 worth of weight bonuses over five years.
- Mike Reiss thinks Vince Wilfork now has to take his leadership to a Tedy Bruschi-type level.
- WEEI provides the transcript of Vince Wilfork's first interview after signing his contract. He talks about negotiation, frustration and satisfaction.
- Ian Rapoport reports Vince Wilfork said he never wanted to leave.
- Albert Breer notes Robert Kraft broke the news on WEEI yesterday that the Patriots signed LB Marques Murrell, a former Jet special teamer.
- Mike Reiss offers his thoughts and analysis about the Patriots losing Jarvis Green.
- Karen Guregian and Ian Rapoport report Kevin Faulk disputed the report that said the Patriots had yet to contact him. He did receive an offer from the team but declined to elaborate on the negotiations.
- Christopher Price reports Faulk's agent says the Eagles would be 'intriguing' to the veteran running back.
- Mark Farinella sums up the Pats recent news, but doesn't have much use for the cliff-hanging, soap-opera-like, twitter-drama that went on with the Bodden deal.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly reader mailbag. Lots of good insight here as usual.
- Mike Reiss notes RB James Starks (University of Buffalo) is scheduled for a private workout with the Patriots on Friday.
- WEEI notes after a weekend of free agents moving, here’s what draftniks around the web think the Patriots should do in April.
- Albert Breer went to ESPN.com's free-agent tracker, and lists -- after five days -- the Top 20 unrestricted free agents still available, as ranked by the Web site's scouts.
- Daniel Kobialka wonders if the Patriots should go after WR Derrick Mason.
- Mike Reiss (ESPNBoston) Robert Kraft, Vince Wilfork weigh in on a busy day for Patriots.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Patriots win out in compensatory forecast.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Pats sign their own, but must look outside.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Hits and misses: Which AFC East CBs can't tackle? New England had the division's most efficient group.
- Pro Football Focus Tackling Inefficiency Rating (Part 1)
- Peter King (SI) MMQB - Tuesday edition. Jets take good risk on Cromartie; Big Ben clarification.
- Don Banks (SI) Roethlisberger, at very least, has been guilty of serial bad judgment.
- Mark Kriegel (Fox Sports) At best, "Pig" Ben's image is shot.
- Michael Tunison (Sporting News) Big Ben Beef Jerky safe, but for how long?
- Pat Kirwan (NFL.com) Mock Draft 2.0. Pats pick OLB Brandon Graham (Michigan) at 22.
- Wes Bunting (Nat'l Football Post) Impact potential of 3-4 rush linebacker class.
- Ralph Vacchhiano (NY Daily News) Giants shake off concerns about Jim Sorgi's shoulder, sign veteran QB to be Eli Manning's backup.
- Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) Pro days can give prospects a second chance.