Aaron Wilson (Nat'l Football Post) Jets aren't worried about schemes leaking out or giving away secrets on HBO Hard Knocks.
"Do I think Bill Belichick will be watching us?" Tannenbaum said during a press conference. "Yeah. If I was working for Bill, these are the type of projects he'd have me doing." Added Jets coach Rex Ryan, who'll undoubtedly be the star attraction: "I think, you know — I trust, you know, let’s just throw a guy out there — anybody. "Bill Belichick. Let’s just throw him out there. He’s going to do his due diligence. He’s going to do his work, anyway. He’s going to have a huge opinion on our players, one way or the other."
Karen Guregian says it could be instructive to look at a couple players of interest from Southern Cal.
The Pats supposedly are looking at WR Damien Williams and TE Anthony McCoy. The team reportedly met with Williams last week, and another Pats contingent will be at USC’s pro day on Wednesday to review both players, as well as several other Trojans prospects, including defensive end Everson Griffen, safety Taylor Mays and offensive tackle Charles Brown. Given the Pats’ needs at the positions, Williams, McCoy and perhaps Griffen will be the primary focus.
So what happened in McDaniels' first season of coaching Brady, the league's best quarterback? The two went three weeks without speaking to each other. Brady went on to have a Pro Bowl season, and the Patriots made the playoffs. And, two years later, McDaniels, by then officially promoted to offensive coordinator, helped Brady set an NFL record with 50 touchdown passes in a season. Clearly, McDaniels and Brady got past their spat.
- PFW: New OT rules, pros and cons.
Patriots.com offers 51 individual video clips of the top prospects in the 2010 Draft.
- Ian Rapoport notes Randy Moss swims to keep his conditioning while protecting his knees (getting older is sooooo much fun) and pushes his teammates to try it.
- Albert Breer thinks the Patriots may be prepared to move on without re-signing Chris Hanson, and may use a draft pick to replace him.
- Tom E. Curran talks about the Denver Post story on Broncos coach Josh McDaniels.
- Albert Breer notes Leigh Bodden made Pro Football Focus's all-improved squad. He went from being ranked 108 to 14th among NFL corners.
- Ian Rapoport has a neat video clip of good sport Leigh Bodden learning tricks from Harlem Globetrotter Hot Shot Branch. Pretty funny. (5 min. video).
- Jeff Howe reports Stephen Neal has been very involved in efforts to save the wrestling program at Cal State-Bakersfield.
- Mike Reiss offers his Quick-hit thoughts around the NFL and with the Patriots.
- Ian Rapoport notes Pepper Johnson's reaction when Vince Wilfork signed his new contract: "Whoooooooooot! I blew the party horn!"
- Nate Dow charts the colleges from which Belichick has plucked players for the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss catches us up on a few mock drafts, with no consensus among the 'experts'.
- Christopher Price reports the Patriots had a private workout with OL Phil Costa (Maryland) who was not invited to the Combine. They also worked out S Kam Chancellor (Virginia Tech), projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round of the Draft.
- Tom E. Curran looks at TE Rob Gronkowski (Arizona) as an eye-opener after his first pre-draft workout Saturday.
- DJ Bean looks at potential Patriots DE/OLB Sergio Kindle (Texas), DE/OLB Brandon Graham (Michigan) and OLB Ricky Sapp (Clemson).
WEEI Stephen Gostkowski targeted WAAF Hillman Morning Show producer Spaz, who bet that Gostkowski couldn't hit him with a kick if he dangled from a crane between the goalposts. Spaz lost. (3 min. video)
- Chris Steuber (Scout.com) The Chiefs, Eagles and Patriots have scheduled workouts with one of the top punters in the 2010 NFL Draft, Michigan’s Zoltan Mesko. Mesko will work out for the Patriots on April 14th or 15th at the University of Michigan.
- Aaron Wilson (Nat'l Football Post) Punter Brent Bowden (Virginia Tech) conducted private workouts for the Colts and Patriots last week.
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) WR Scott Long (Louisville) was worked out by the Patriots along with FB Joe Tronzo and WR Trent Guy.
- Mike Sando (ESPN) Pats president Kraft gets analytical.
- Jason Whitlock (Fox Sports) The truth behind Big Ben, McNabb, Tebow.
- Dave Caldwell (NY Times) Ryan happy with HBO's 'Rex in the City'.
- Doug Farrar (Yahoo! Sports) One pick away: How 10 teams can draft their way to the Super Bowl. Pats need? Pass rusher of course.
- Anthony Schoettle (Indianapolis Business Journal) Colts' Irsay sparks war of words with Pats' Kraft.
- Vito Stellino (Florida Times-Union) Are broadcasts too good? Roger Goodell admits it's a concern as blackouts loom.
- Kent Somers (Arizona Republic) Cardinals' Joey Porter arrested for suspicion of drunken driving; accused of assaulting an officer, resisting arrest.
- Jemele Hill (ESPN) Goodell's slippery Roethlisberger slope.
- Aaron Wilson (Nat'l Football Post) Roethlisberger reportedly told to stay away from offseason program.
- Sam Farmer (Chicago Tribune) Madden retired from booth but not from game.