Stephen Gostkowski signed his RFA tender and will be kicking off for the Patriots for at least another year.
Shalise Manza Young traveled down to Hattiesburg, Mississippi to talk with Adalius Thomas directly, and get his side of the unsettling situation he's in with New England.
He is in Hattiesburg for his annual football camp today at the University of Southern Mississippi, a free day for area boys to learn about the game and meet someone who has made it to the NFL, has been to the Super Bowl, has played in Pro Bowls.
"Anybody that knows me personally knows that I’m not a bad person. I haven’t had a problem in the 10 years I’ve been in the league; I haven’t had a run-in with any coach. That’s not me,’’ he said. "Am I a ‘yes’ person? That’s not me. I respect the coaches and I respect their position. If you have something that you want me doing, that’s fine. But coaches are going to do what’s best for the organization, or for them. At some point you have to look out for you, so the only person that’s going to do that is you.
"I’m not bitter. At all. But I guess it comes across . . . I don’t think anything I said is untrue, and if it’s not untrue, then why is there a problem?’’
"I wish I really knew. And that’s the honest-to-God truth,’’ he said. "The only person that knows that would be Bill. I don’t have a clue what’s going to happen, what their plans are, so it’s kind of uncertain. It’s uncomfortable too, because you don’t really know where you’re going to be."
Tom E. Curran addresses Adalius Thomas' latest round of "whine," saying this is the same ridiculous, eighth-grade, excuse-making this guy's been doing since his Humble Pie T-shirt biz didn't take off.
If Thomas felt he was getting crap treatment [for his injured wrist] in Tampa, he should have come back to Foxboro, where his employer is and where there are really good medical services. Certainly, the Patriots would have preferred that. Thomas makes it sound like the Patriots basically Googled "physical therapy, Tampa," and wrote a number on a sticky note for him.
The guy is doing everything in his power to not be a part of the team. Staying away from workouts, lobbing bombs about double-standards and medical nonchalance, giving every indication that he could not care any less about being part of the 2010 Patriots. He's on the books to make $4.9 million this season and is showing no indication he wants to do the offseason work to earn it.
And then he complains about the freaking uncertainty? Says it's "uncomfortable" not knowing? It's obvious he's making sure he gets cut, yet at the same time he has either the gall, or the ignorance, to figure people will actually feel badly for him because the Patriots are stringing him along.
- PFW Debate: What will the Patriots do with their first-round pick? Andy Hart: OLB Sergio Kindle (Texas), Paul Perillo: DT Dan Williams (Tennessee) and Erik Scalavino thinks they'll trade out of the first round.
- PFW Draft Prospect Notes: Wide Receiver.
- Patriots Mock Draft Tracker: What the "experts" are predicting the Patriots will do in the first round come draft weekend.
- Patriots Today - All Access Preview (2.09 min. video)
- Patriots All Access - Special pre-draft edition with an inside look at the Patriots draft, and Scott Zolak's one-on-one with Bill Belichick. (19.57 min video)
- Patriots Today - Draft Preview: Defensive Line. (5.23 min. video)
- Shalise Manza Young talks about Adalius Thomas' interest in playing for Rex Ryan, vs possibly playing for Mike Nolan again who is now the defensive coordinator of the Dolphins.
- Albert Breer brings up his reasons why Adalius Thomas won't be traded.
- Mike Reiss offers his Quick-hit thoughts from around the NFL and with the Patriots.
- Christopher Price reports TE J.P. Foschi (Georgia Tech) visited and worked out for the Patriots on Friday.
- Mike Reiss reports free-agent QB Brian St. Pierre, who starred at St. John's Prep and Boston College, worked out for the Patriots last week at Gillette Stadium.
- Christopher Price shares his notes on the backup QB spot, Stephen Gostkowski, and LB Dekoda Watson (Florida State).
- Karen Guregian says Troy Brown "can definitely see [Tim Tebow] being in a Patriot uniform."
- Albert Breer thinks that since Brandon Marshall went to the Dolphins instead of the Seahawks, Seattle will probably hang on to WR Deion Branch.
- Ian Rapoport notes the value Bill Belichick places on the tight end position, and feels the Patriots will likely select one in the draft. Which round it will come from is the question.
- Mike Reiss ranks the Pats' needs, position by position, as the draft approaches.
- Ian Rapoport thinks the Patriots need difference-makers -- and not rank-and-file roster guys -- out of this draft.
- Ian Rapoport discusses the Patriots need for a run-stopping linebacker.
- Official Visits and Private Workouts by the New England Patriots. Props to patriotguy2 for the tip. Draft Blog presents its list of confirmed
- Albert Breer notes Tedy Bruschi was honored by the Boston Athletic Association. Bruschi runs Tedy's Team, a group of marathoners put together to raise money for the American Stroke Association.
- Monique Walker profiles TE Jimmy Graham (University of Miami), a tough kid raising himself who found support and encouragement through his church.
- Karen Guregian profiles TE Dennis Pitta (BYU) as a draft prospect comparable to Indy's Dallas Clark.
- Nate Dow offers a look at the roster moves made each team in the division so far.
- Tom E. Curran answers his reader mailbag.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Thomas mystified by Patriots rift.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) AFC East influential in top five draft classes.
- ESPN 2010 NFL Mock Draft Machine.
- Adam Teicher (Kansas City Star) Pioli offers thoughts on draft.
- Jon Gruden (ESPN) Top QB prospects have promise. Jon Gruden evaluated QB prospects Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Jimmy Clausen and Tim Tebow during workouts in Tampa, Fla.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) 2007 Draft do-over: This time, take Peterson.
- Jonathan D. Silver (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette) Roethlisberger inquiry bumpy. Documents from high-profile case reveal questionable decisions, missteps, contradictions.
- The Trenches (Sporting News) Investigation uncovers other alleged incidents involving .