Vince Wilfork films a Bob's Discount Furniture commercial at Gillette Stadium.
Mike Reiss notes one theme that came through loud and clear in Julian Edelman's Q&A is how he feels fortunate to be around veteran receivers.
It starts with Randy Moss. "Randy is a great leader. A lot of people bust his … mess with him and the kind of guy he is, but I think it’s an unfair perspective of him," Edelman said. "He’s always been helpful. He’s a team player. A lot of people don’t think that of him. He’s here to try to help us get better. Last year, he’d pull me aside and he’d teach me up on little things, trying to get me better."
In addition to Moss, Edelman relayed that he had just been working out with veteran David Patten. "One of the hardest workers you’ll see. We were just catching balls right now together, competing. That’s what Patten brings. He brings a competitiveness with him and it allows us to make each other better because we’re competing at everything we do. That’s what D-Patt does."
"Any time you have these kind of veterans like these guys, you’re going to take everything they say and listen to it well. You’re going to take it from everyone, but these guys especially with the situations and ballgames they’ve been in, and the numbers they’ve produced. It’s nice to have these kind of guys around you."
Christopher Price notes Julian Edelman is coming off the greatest rookie season by a seventh-round pick in the history of the Patriots, and he wants to do more.
"For Julian Edelman to come in and pick things up as quickly as he did last year and to be at the point as a receiver that he is right now — considering the fact that he, A) never played the position, and, B) converting to a new position as a rookie in an offense that has a number of moving parts and to be where he is now — is just phenomenal," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said.
"He’s come so far as a football player at a new position in literally a calendar year … but he did it in six months … I don’t think any one of us would have predicted that."
- Andy Hart offers his own 53-man roster prediction nearly four months before the first game.
- Julian Edelman Interview. (13.36 min. video)
Patriots Today - Linebacker Lineup. (2.40 min. video) Look at Shawn Crable against Baltimore in the preseason game last August. It's why Belichick has kept him around - if he's healthy, he's a beast!
- Albert Breer points out Edelman is willing, not Welker.
- Ian Rapoport offers his thoughts on Julian Edelman and the former quarterback's progress from one year ago.
- Albert Breer compares how Julian Edelman stacked up against his draft classmates. Interesting.
- Mike Reiss feels that the division still goes through New England, even if more and more analysts are thinking otherwise this offseason.
- Albert Breer examines the importance of spring OTAs in the NFL.
- Patriots WRs under the microscope. (50 second video) puts the
- Mike Reiss offers the transcript of his weekly online chat. Terrific stuff here.
- Albert Breer checked out film stars Vince Wilfork and Damione Lewis shooting a Bob's Discount Furniture ad at Gillette Stadium yesterday. I wonder if they reinforced that mattress.
- Albert Breer checks in with ex-Patriots Benjamin Watson (Cleveland) and Jarvis Green (Denver).
- Mike Reiss notes LB Zack Thomas signed a 1-day contract with Miami so he could retire a Dolphin. Bill Belichick offers his admiration of Thomas as a "pure football guy."
- Pat Kirwan (NFL.com) Who's in, who's out and who will surprise come playoff time? Another voice of disdain that the Pats won't make the playoffs.
- USA Today NFL Power Rankings. Patriots 7th. (yawn)
- Dan Pompei (NBC Sports) Ex-Pat Thomas one of many vets seeking work.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) What a joke: Ryan can only laugh at Folk.
- Clifton Brown (Sporting News) Powering up: Jets pin big hopes on big four additions.
- Omar Kelley (Florida Sun Sentinal) Miami NT Jason Ferguson says 8-game suspension is from his blood pressure medication, not PEDs.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Jason Taylor sees "night and day" difference between Dolphins and Jets.
- Tim Graham and John Clayton (ESPN) Debating New York's 2014 Super Bowl bid.
- The zone blitz. (Nat'l Football Post) Inside the playbook:
- Pro Football Weekly 2010 free-agent list by position.
- Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) Five warning signs for rookies: How to spot a rookie who is setting himself up for financial disaster.