Bill Belichick touches on several topics during his Monday presser.
Randy said yesterday that he doesn't feel appreciated. Do you think there is any reason he should feel that way?
I feel the same way as I have felt about Randy for the last three years. He's a good football player. I'm glad he's on our team. I think he adds a lot to our football team. He's got good energy. Everybody likes him. He's fun to have on the team and he's a good player.
Did you have any problem with the forum in which he released his opinions - after a game?
I really wasn't even aware of it until today. You had the access...You guys must have loved it. [Laughter]
Carson Palmer said after the game that he was confused early on with some of the disguising you guys did in pre-snap and post-snap looks. Did you notice them looking confused on anything?
They looked like they did a pretty good job there getting to where they wanted to go, from about the end of the second quarter on. He made a lot of great throws. He's a really good quarterback. They've got good receivers, good backs, a good tight end, a good scheme. It was a little bit of a chess match. We had our moments. They had theirs. But they're good. They're hard to defend. They have a lot of weapons. You just can't do the same thing all the time because they've got too many different people to go to. I don't think it was a case of that. Give the credit to the players. They executed some things well. The interception and the fumble were two big turnovers. Even though we didn't get any points out of the fumble, it was still - that was a big play. We had a couple good third-down stops early in the game and our offense converted those, so all those things came together and made it 24-3, 24-0 or whatever, and we were able to play from ahead in the second half, which is a nice position to be in. Had it gone the other way, who knows.
- Erik Scalavino offers some Monday notes, quotes and anecdotes from the Patriots locker room, with Matt keeping things, well, Light.
- Erik Scalavino talks about several firsts of note that took place in Week 1 for the Patriots.
- Patriots Today - Victorious locker room. (1.21 min. video) Belichick tells the players they've earned the right to put up pictures from their first team win up on the bare walls.
- Patriots Today - Analyzing Pats' first win. (4.53 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Wilfork, Meriweather on Patriots Monday. (8.48 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Belichick chats in the radio studio. (5.27 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - More game reaction from players. (3.31 min. video)
- Bill Belichick Monday Press Conference (15.10 min. video) Plus transcript.
- Mike Reiss takes a closer look at what the Patriots defense threw at Palmer.
- Ian Rapoport analyzes what the Patriots did right on D, forcing the Bengals to become one-dimensional.
- Mike Reiss looks at the snaps played by Patriots defenders and notes Mayo and McCourty played every snap.
- Mike Reiss notes the team was primarily in a sub package against the Bengals.
- Mike Rodak offers some picked-up pieces after reviewing the Pats-Bengals game: first quarter, second quarter, third quarter and fourth quarter.
- Tom E. Curran posts his leftover musings from Sunday's win.
- Mike Reiss reports the Patriots reminded everyone Sunday that they're still an elite team.
- Mike Petraglia analyzes how the Patriots got off to the races Sunday.
- Chris Gasper says Moss and Welker are still going to carry the mail, but it's nice to have some other delivery options.
- Gerry Callahan says Bob Kraft should immediately take care of this superstar wide receiver, tear up his old contract and lock him up for the next three years at least: Wes Welker.
- Albert Breer asserts the Jets figure to be pretty desperate on Sunday.
- Matt Pepin notes the spotlight Sunday will be on Moss vs. Revis. (39 second clip)
- Christopher Price reports Randy Moss gets Jets' week started with a bang.
- Monique Walker discusses the "fallout" from Randy Moss' post-game comments: The coach, his teammates and and the owner still love him.
- Bob Ryan breaks down each point in Moss' "State of Randy's Union message".
- WEEI Bill Belichick said on the big show that 'Everybody loves Moss.'
- Dan Duggan reports it was frustrating for Laurence Maroney to miss Week 1, sidelined with an injury.
- Ian Rapoport discusses Robert Kraft's unusual WEEI address yesterday, clarifying what he believed to be an inaccurate ESPN report regarding Logan Mankins.
- WEEI Patriots Monday: Tom Brady (21.53 min.), Vince Wilfork (19.07 min.), Robert Kraft (8.50 min.) and Bill Belichick (27.55 min.)
- Albert Breer reviews last night's sloppy 10-9 performance by the Jets and Ravens.
- Kirk Minihane offers a sampling of Rex Ryan's post-game comments about the Jets loss to the Ravens last night.
- Ron Borges Patriots Report Card. He practically gushes with praise here, and actually gets how Randy Moss is a huge factor even when he doesn't get the ball.
- Kirk Minihane Patriots Report Card. The Pats earned their high marks this week.
- Christopher Price questions if Marques Murrell is just the latest member of the Pats' shadow roster.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Belichick met privately with Randy Moss yesterday; Pats cut Marques Murrell to make room on the roster for Quinn Ojinnaka, keeping a spot available for Nick Kaczur; Matt Light will host his Celebrity Shootout today for charity; Gary Guyton has been catching grief from family and friends about his flying leap into the end zone Sunday.
- Comcast SportsNet Ron Borges doesn't believe for a second that Mankins called Kraft to apologize. He and Dale Arnold argue about it for 3.57 min.
- TMZ Sports Chad Ochocinco takes Patriots fan to dinner.
- Michael Lombardi (NFL.com) As Patriots answer questions, other teams left scratching heads.
- Mike Florio and Rodney Harrison (ProFootballTalk) Randy Moss fallout. (2.53 min. video)
- Chase Stuart (NY Times) So how important is Week 1 in the NFL?
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) Week 1 grades.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Moss admits Revis 'opened my eyes up'
- Greg Bishop (NY Times) In ugly debut, reality sets in for Jets.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Jets start season more sloppy than super.
- Mark Cannizzaro (NY Post) Jets stumble to start 'Super' season.
- Dan Wetzel (Yahoo! Sports) Jets get knocked in foul mouth.
- Chris Mortensen (ESPN) Source: NFL reviews complaint filed over 'Jets West Camp.'
- Justin Terranova (NY Post) Motivated Moss ready for Revis rematch.
Dan Shaughnessy (SI)The NFL is back, which means, basically, nothing else matters.