Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski celebrate after teaming up for a first quarter touchdown against the New York Giants.
Bill Belichick offers some post-game comments following the final pre-season game.
Alright, so it was a good, competitive game tonight. You know, obviously ran out of defensive linemen there at the end but you know good experience for everybody really, everybody that played there. And now we're on to Cincinnati. It's been a good preseason, long one, I think the players have worked hard. I think everyone is ready to start the season next week and we'll get at it right away. That's where we're at.
You know, I thought that overall, taking the practices and the games and all of that into account we had our ups and downs, but I think the team worked hard. I think they are in good condition. I think they'll be ready to go. I think they'll be ready to go. We've competed well for the most part on a day in, day out basis so hopefully we can carry that into Sundays.
[Asked if he was pleased with his kickoff and punt returns so far.] We've had our moments. We've had our moments. At times it's been our deterrence. But again, it's pre-season. Teams are just kicking off, they're just covering. We're not seeing all the difficult coverage maneuvers that teams use and so forth. I think those evaluations all come in time. Now it's time to get your fundamentals down and get good at the basics, work on those, work on your overall team execution and situational awareness. It will be a whole different deal next week.
- Game Notes: Patriots at Giants.
- Erik Scalavino analyzes last night's performance and looks at who helped and who hurt their chances of making the Patriots roster.
- Bill Belichick Post Game Presser. (8.28 min. video) Plus Transcript.
- Post-Game Quotes: Patriots and Giants.
- Ian Rapoport recaps last night's preseason game against the Giants, noting the starters had a slightly better performance than they did in Week 3.
- Mike Reiss offers some quick hits taken from the game: First quarter, second quarter, third quarter and fourth quarter.
- Christopher Price lists ten things we learned Thursday night.
- Tom E. Curran gives us five things to take away from the final game of the preseason.
- Mike Reiss comes up with ten things we've learned about the team from four preseason games.
- Mark Farinella says the Patriots' 2-2 preseason record is fitting for the 2010 team.
- Tom E. Curran offers some notes about the New Meadowlands Stadium and other tidbits from the night.
- DJ Bean tells us what went wrong and what went right for the Pats last night.
- Mike Rodak gives us three up and three down after the loss.
- Albert Breer assesses who's on the move up and down after Thursday night's game.
- Mark Farinella offers his Hots and Nots from the game.
- Monique Walker details the key plays from the final preseason game.
- Mike Reiss and Mike Rodak predict how the Patriots' 53-man roster will look. (version 4.0)
- Mike Reiss lists the Patriots starters on Defense and Offense against the Giants.
- Karen Guregian reports Laurence Maroney was finally inserted into the action last night in the second quarter, but all signs point to Fred Taylor as the starting RB.
- Mike Reiss thinks it looks like Fred Taylor tops the depth chart at running back.
- Albert Breer notes that even though Wes Welker looks the same to the fans, he still feels a long way off from that pre-injury form.
- Mike Petraglia notes Belichick said everything is still a question mark and they'll find out where they stand soon enough.
- lack of instinctive plays by the secondary. was dismayed by the
- Karen Guregian writes the reality is the Patriots just don’t have the playmakers on defense that can turn a game around.
- Mike Rodak watched longshot WR Darnell Jenkins make his case for a roster spot.
- Mike Rodak takes a closer look at the kickoff units and punt units for the Pats.
- Chris Gasper didn't like the way Randy Moss handled himself at the Patriots' Charitable Foundation Kickoff Gala, and says this could be a turbulent season for him.
- Jerry Thornton sees scandals such as Brandon Spikes' sex video as internet gold and can't wait for the first reporter to ask Bill about it at a press conference.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Someone has to step up at corner and fill Leigh Bodden's shoes; Brian Hoyer was forced into a faceplant when sacked by Giants' DE Tommie Hill, who held both of his arms; Darnell Jenkins had two of the biggest plays of the preseason; LB Rob Ninkovich had has second sack last night.
- NFL Game Center - New England Patriots at New York Giants. Recap, analysis, stats and highlight clips.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) AFC East preseason finale observations.
- Vic Carucci (NFL.com) 'Pretend' games reveal real concerns for Jets, Patriots and others.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Faulk is Patriots' Mr. Dependable.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots rookie CB McCourty thrust into starting role.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Hard Knocks Update: Rex Ryan implores Jets to show leadership.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Picks: Colts over Packers in Super Bowl, and Jets atop the AFC East.
- ESPN New England Patriots 2010 Preview. Concensus: 1st in AFC East)
- Sporting News Reasons for concerns: AFC East.
- ESPN Our experts' NFL predictions for 2010.
- Troy Aikman and Jimmy Johnson (Fox Sports) Troy and Jimmy give their preseason predictions.
- Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) It's time for the agents to shine. NFL cut downs require agents to act fast.
- Rookie guidelines for a final impression. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Now or never for Palmer's Bengals.