Tom Brady is asked to respond to Cromartie's comments.
"We’re just going to get ready to play. I’m more concerned about what our offense does. We’re spending our time getting ready to play. I don’t think we spend a lot of time trying to figure out what we can do to combat what people may say about us. Not everybody has great things to say about our team or our organization. That’s kind of the way it’s always been. We’re just going to do our talking on the field, like we’ve always chosen to do."
BenJarvus Green-Ellis is asked if it makes his job a little easier that Coach Belichick kind of insulates the team from [the trash talking], puts it on himself and doesn't want you guys to respond to it?
I don't really pay too much attention to what's going on in the news. Right now I'm just trying to bury my head in the playbook and go out there at practice and work hard and get ready for the team on Sunday.
That's kind of really the only thing we knew around here - or that I knew for that [matter], because I haven't been anywhere else. It's just about our business, doing business, and business being done.
Rob Ninkovich addresses whether pregame trash talking has affected the team at any point this year
"We just focus in on playing football and don't listen to everything else out there and focus in on having a good week of preparation and being ready for Sunday because that's what really counts."
- Erik Scalavino reports on Cromartie cussing out Brady and Rex Ryan's lame response.
- Erik Scalavino updates us on Wednesday's practice at Gillette.
- Patriots-Jets Wednesday Injury Report.
- Patriots locker room quotes.
- Wednesday Press Conferences: Bill Belichick (17.45 min. video), Tom Brady (15.14 min. video), Danny Woodhead (5 min. video) and BenJarvus Green-Ellis (6.03 min. video) plus Transcripts.
- Patriots Today - Pats-Jets draws nearer. (3.12 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Brady reacts to Cromartie. (3.21 video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Comments from Connolly, Page. (3.29 min. video)
- Karen Guregian writes all the Jets talk won't hide a shaky Mark Sanchez or the fact that they can't cover the hole in the middle.
- Ian Rapoport reports Tom Brady brushed off the public personal attack by the Jets with his usual professional demeanor.
- Shalise Manza Young talks about Tom Brady preferring to do his talking on the field.
- Tony Massrotti thinks all the Jets' bluster is really just a way to hide their fear of Tom Brady.
- Christopher Price tells us the five most important things to know about the Patriots on Wednesday at Gillette.
- Ian Rapoport focuses on what Vince Wilfork brings to the defense. "Don't let the belly fool you, I got muscles too."
- Gary Marbry gives us his stat-packed Pats-Jets breakdown by pass length.
- Christopher Price notes the Jets might back off the blitzes on Sunday.
- Jerry Thornton looks at the absurdity of Cromartie hating on Brady for celebrating TDs and notes Revis and Ryan both love Devin McCourty.
- Dan Shaughnessy says the Jets are the 43 stooges with Rex Ryan as Curly, while the Pats just sit back and laugh.
- Mike Petraglia revisits Jan. 4th, 2000 when Bill Belichick wrote out his infamous, "I resign as HC of the NYJ" and turned it in at his introductory press conference.
- Jerry Spar highlights Merril Hoge's appearance on WEEI. Hoge feels Antonio Cromartie 'fundamentally struggles as a player.'
- Jerry Spar highlights Chris Mortensen's appearance on WEEI Wednesday. Mort thinks the trash talk diminishes the respect we should have for Rex Ryan.
- Kirk Minihane reports Mark Sanchez' shoulder is 'better' heading into Sunday.
- The Herald staff offer their takes on the unconventional ways of Jets coach Rex Ryan.
- Mike Reiss feels the impressive contributions of undrafted players points to the core of Belichick's success.
- Mike Reiss mentions the Patriots injury concerns at DL, OLB.
- Michael Vega notes Dan Connolly will be ready to play Sunday after sustaining a concussion during the Packers game.
- Mike Reiss notes Jason Taylor showed his class when asked about the Cromartie trash talk regarding Tom Brady.
- Steve Buckley says the Cromarties and Suggs of the world are gold for the media.
- Shalise Manza Young answers her weekly reader mailbag, including a question about how much players make in playoff bonuses.
- Ron Borges writes about the pressure on Mark Sanchez to overcome his Foxboro demons.
- Amalie Benjamin reports the Jets hope RB Shonn Greene will come on strong for them in the stretch.
- Mike Reiss gives us three points on the AFC divisional round playoff game between the Patriots and Jets. (2.46 min. video)
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Danny Woodhead has been too busy to look back on his time as a Jet; BenJarvus Green-Ellis describes 12-hour workdays where he sees the guys up here more than his own family; Patriots are expecting the Jets to ground and pound and try to control the clock; Belichick talked about how teams have to be able to physically work consistently and mentally concentrate in the middle of distractions; Pats are happy with Brandon Spikes' return.
- Eric Adelson (Yahoo! Sports) Tom Brady's guru.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Brady's passing guru hasn't seen him better.
- Matt Williamson (ESPN) Scouts inc examines Danny Woodhead's impact.
- Len Pasquarelli (Fox Sports) The bully is in for a beating.
- Vic Carucci (NFL.com) Jets face difficult task in slowing down machine-like Patriots.
- Thomas George (NFL Fanhouse) Deion Branch, Patriots focus inward.
- Clay Travis (NFL Fanhouse) Bill Belichick's Patriots will destroy Rex Ryan's Jets.
- Steve Young (ESPN) Trash talk won't work for Jets. (2.37 min. video)
- Gene Wojciechowski (ESPN) Handicapping the NFL's elite eight.
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) Key divisional matchups to watch.
- Sporting News 2010 NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award: New England Patriots QB Tom Brady.
- Sporting News Rookie of the Year: Ndamukong Suh. Devin McCourty came in 3rd. All Rookie team features McCourty, Rob Gronkowski and Zoltan Mesko.
- Joe Fortenbaugh (Nat'l Football Post) How to pull off the upset.
- Kerry Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts) The almighty CHFF interception ladder.
- Playbook (NFLN) Brian Baldinger, Joe Theismann and Brian Billick pick Patriots to silence chatty Jets.
VIEW FROM NEW YORK
- Mark Cannizzaro (NY Post) Jets' Cromartie not about to back down. A diss has now become a dare.
- Mike Lupica (NY Daily News) Tom Brady shouldn't be taunted by Jets, as he has spent a career proving scouts for NFL teams wrong.
- Steve Serby (NY Post) Jets better walk the talk like Broadway Joe.
- Gary Myers (NY Daily News) Jets' Antonio Cromartie should get plenty of chances now that he opened his mouth about Tom Brady.
- Manish Mehta (NY Daily News) Jets teammates back Antonio Cromartie after he cursed Patriots' Tom Brady.
- Mike Vaccaro (NY Post) Sanchez aims to atone for Foxborough fiasco.
- Kevin Armstrong (NY Daily News) Former Jets RB Danny Woodhead has found a home with the New England Patriots and hasn't looked back.
- Mark Hale (NY Post) Jets' Woody out for playoffs.
- Mark Hale (NY Post) Jets hopeful Smith can play Sunday.