It's not tough [to not let doubts creep in when you lose two games]. We just have to continue to believe in what we're doing. I believe the last time we played the Jets, they were coming in on a two-game losing streak, on the road, and we ending up beating them then. But ever since then, they turned it around, they started playing better football - they got it together. Now the tides are turned. It says a lot about your team if you can stick together and play together and play good football. That's what we're here for - to play good football. I think we can do that, like I said.
It's not like games we're getting blown out and it's not competitive. It's not like that. It's just small things that lead to big things and I think we need to clean those things up. Everyone understands that. I think we're all doing our job to make sure we have all the bases covered and we have to continue to move forward.
What we have in this locker room is what we have. This is what we're going to ride with, what we're going to die with, what we have in this locker room. We have something good in that locker room. We all know that. Times are going to be tough, it's going to be tough. There's going to be hard times, there's going to be fun times, you're going to have all of that. It's a rollercoaster, everything doesn't work out smooth. That's part of nature, that's part of life, that's part of sports; it's not always going to be perfect.
But when it's not perfect, what are you going to do? Will you be mentally tough and handle the situation or will you just fold and just give into the critics and give into everyone who says we can't do it? I have faith in this team, I really do. I really believe that these guys, all of us, are going to come to work and we're going to grind. We're going to grind for one another and it starts on the practice field. We had a good day of it yesterday and I think we need to have a better day today and a better day Friday and then Saturday going into Sunday. Make us feel like we're prepared and ready to go. That's where we're at as a team.
Chris Gasper breaks down his three keys to a Patriots win over the Jets Sunday night.
1. Patriots offense must win the third down battle against the Jets defense
2. Get more guys involved in the passing game for Patriots QB Tom Brady
3. Don't let Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez get in a passing rhythm
- Erik Scalavino shares his Thursday notes from Gillette, noting the D-line remains in focus.
- Press Conference: Vince Wilfork (11.56 min. video plus Transcript)
- Player Interviews: Stevan Ridley (3.17 min.), James Ihedigbo (3.51 min.) and Brandon Deaderick (5.24 min.)
- Patriots Today - Welker, Pats practice in the rain. (1.32 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Burress, Anderson in the spotlight. (2.38 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Is Underwood an option? (2.21 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Ihedigbo, Deaderick and more. (2.51 min. video)
- PFW in Progress - 11/10/11: The PFW crew prepares you for this Sunday's game against the Jets. (2 hour program)
- Shalise Manza Young examines each of the 13 veterans acquired by Bill Belichick before the season began and concludes that so far the results aren't great.
- Jimmy Toscano reports Jerod Mayo couldn't care less what's being said or written about the Patriots in the media.
- Rich Levine takes to begging for Brady to be Brady.
- Mike Reiss posts a sampling of thoughts from NBC analysts Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy on the Jets-Pats matchup Sunday.
- Greg A. Bedard and attack the Jets' secondary. (3.10 min. video) break down how the Patriots
- Tedy Bruschi sees the Jets on a hot streak since they lost to New England, and breaks down Pats-Jets.
- Mike Reiss serves up some quick-hit thoughts from the media-access period in the locker room.
- Ian Rapoport reports Aaron Hernandez explaining how he earns QB Tom Brady's trust and plays more disciplined football.
- Mike Reiss updates us on the status of Patrick Chung and looks at who's left to play safety.
- Mike Reiss spends a few minutes with James Ihedigbo, sharing his thoughts as the former Jets safety returns to NY.
- Tom E. Curran reports James Ihedigbo sees Sunday as 'statement game' for the defense.
- Steve Buckley thinks Vince Wilfork was sending a message of encouragement to his teammates when he spoke to the media yesterday.
- Jeff Howe says Devin McCourty's recent improvements come from change in the Patriots' defensive philosophy.
- Chris Forsberg notes Tracy White has been coached up on the importance of limiting the Jets' returns this week, especially with Joe McKnight's league-leading 40.2 avg.
- Mike Reiss reports rookie RB Stevan Ridley isn't discouraged after seeing his reps decrease.
- Jeff Howe thinks BenJarvus Green-Ellis and the Patriots RBs must continue to expose the Jets' weakness in run defense.
- Chris Forsberg notes Tiquan Underwood left a solid impression with the Patriots and continued to work out on his own to be ready if they called.
- Christopher Price observes that when it comes to takeaways, the Patriots are way off last year's pace.
- Mike Reiss updates his penalty watch list, with Logan Mankins at the top with five.
- Christopher Price charts out who has been Tom Brady's favorite receiver through eight games.
- Mike Reiss offers the transcript of his weekly online chat. Terrific insight here as usual.
- Michael Vega Patriots Notebook: Vince Wilfork knows the Patriots are entering a critical stage; Stevan Ridley has no idea how many snaps he'll get against the Jets; Leigh Bodden had surgery to correct a herniated disk, despite his agent declaring Bodden was "totally healthy" on the day he was released; Injury and practice participation update.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: The injuries keep coming to the Patriots secondary; Ridley plans to be ready for whenever they call his number; Albert Haynesworth told the media he wasn't getting enough reps in NE; Brandon Deaderick eased his way back making four tackles, one for a loss, when filling in for Shaun Ellis last week.
- Jim Lazar notes the T-shirts of Rex Ryan in Patriots colors are already on sale as he makes his Week 10 picks. Pats over Jets 26-23.
Kevin Braig (Cold Hard Football Facts) Bill (still) knows defense. Excellent article.
- John Parolin (ESPN Stats & Information) Three-point stance: New York Jets.
- Gregg Rosenthal (ProFootballTalk) Jets need to trust Sanchez this week.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) Saints RBs, Bears OL, even Ochocinco among Week 10 X-factors.
- James Walker (ESPN) Pats-jets II: Will 'Plax' play?
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Rex Ryan to Jets fans: Make the Patriots false start, burn timeouts.
- Kerry J. Byrne and Gary Tanguay (Cold Hard Football Facts) Breakdown of Giants-49ers and Patriots-Jets,and more statistical sunlight.
- Albert Breer (NFL.com) Danger, Danger Bill Belichick. (3.23 min. video)
- James Walker (ESPN) Rodney Harrison: Albert Haynesworth 'quit'.
- James Walker (ESPN) Haynesworth: 'I just wanted to play more'. What???
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Bucs were the only team to make a claim for Haynesworth.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Mark Dominik says leash is short for Albert Haynesworth.
- Chris Chase (Yahoo! Sports) Albert Haynesworth is saying the exact same stuff as last time.
- James Walker (ESPN) Pats-Jets II: AccuScore predicts...
- ESPNBoston posts a Patriots-Jets prediction roundup.
VIEW FROM NEW YORK
- Bart Hubbuch (NY Post) Jets ready to get rough with Welker.
- Manish Mehta (NY Daily News) Jets seek to ground Patriots and suddenly interception-prone Tom Brady.
- Steve Politi (NJ Star-Ledger) Jets to face a Patriots team that no longer looks like a dynasty.
- Jenny Vrentas (NJ Star-Ledger) Jets aim to stop tom Brady, Patriots with a re-energized defense.
- Andrew LeRay (NewYorkJets.com) Defending the Pats: Core looks, mix in the new.
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Jets, Patriots have no secrets.
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Jets' Pettine has plan for getting to Brady.
- Flip Bondy (NY Daily News) Rex Ryan set to turn tables on Patriots: With New England in slump, Jets see time to take off.
- Hank Gola (NY Daily News) Patriots 'D' has earned an 'F' through Week 9.
- Justin Terranova (NY Post) Harrison says Patriots give Jets chance to air it out.
- J.P. Pelzman (North Jersey Record) Cranky back shouldn't hinder Plaxico Burress on Sunday.