Week 12 | Sunday, November 27th, 2011 | 4:15 PM ET
TV: CBS | Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub
Eagles Coverage: BleedingGreenNation.com
- Patriots fans had plenty of reasons to worry early on. On the Eagles' opening drive, Eagles' quarterback Vince Young completed a 58 yard bomb to receiver Riley Cooper. The Eagles then stopped New England quickly on the next drive, and after another long completion to DeSean Jackson, settled for a field goal.
- After Philadelphia stretched their lead to 10-0, it was all New England from there on out. Tom Brady is having one of his finest games of the year, he's 13/20 for 213 yards and a touchdown. That easily could have been two if Deion Branch hadn't been dragged down at the one yard line on a 63 yard catch. Brady hasn't had much time to throw and has been getting hit left and right, but he's been standing strong in the pocket and making pinpoint throws.
- BenJarvus Green- Ellis has led the running attack for the Patriots in what has been a well-balanced game offensively. Benny has 43 yards on 11 carries and two touchdowns. He's been patient and is hitting the hole with power.
- Defensively, things shaped up for the Patriots after those first two drives. The Patriots haven't gotten much of a pass rush, although Vince Wilfork has had a couple of nice pressures. However, the team improved slightly in the secondary and Philadelphia is 0/5 on third downs. Aside from one 22 yard run, the Patriots have bottled up LeSean McCoy for the most part.
- Overall, Patriots fans have to be satisfied with having a 24-13 lead following the lackluster start from the team. The Patriots have the ball to start the second half and will have the opportunity to really take control of the game.