What went into it was Tiquan played more than Taylor did.
I think it was the missed opportunity. We had a first-down pass that I was trying to throw to Wes that we just didn’t connect on which we should have, because there was a play there to be made. The second-down play, I had Aaron Hernandez open and the ball got batted up in the air. And then the third-down play, I thought we had a chance to complete that one. I could have made a better audible, too. You look at three plays, on consecutive plays, where we really have an opportunity to go in at halftime with a good lead, with a lot of momentum, and we get no points. So, I think that was the frustrating part for me. Did we kick the field goal? We may have kicked a field goal on that drive. But situations like that where that does really frustrate me because I thought, man, we’ve got a chance to — Oh, I know what it was: I threw it to Wes on third-and-11 and we had a chance to complete it, and the ball got caught in the lights.
Really, it’s just overall execution. I feel like as a quarterback, I don’t care who we’re playing. I don’t care the situation we’re in. If we have a chance to make a play and we don’t, with me throwing the ball to Wes or me throwing the ball to Deion or Aaron or Rob, who I have a lot of familiarity with, it’s frustrating for me. And it’s frustrating for those guys, too. It’s frustrating for our offense. Because I don’t expect, and none of us do, those kinds of mistakes that we make. Those are the things that we need to continue to work on and clean up. And that only comes with solid execution in practice. And then it becomes really reality in the game. We have to continue to go out there in practice and work on those things.
- Erik Scalavino gives us a quick heads-up on Colts Week coverage.
- Press Conference: Bill Belichick (11.03 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Mental toughness aids Patriots. (3.05 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Pats test waters at No. 3 WR. (3.07 min. video)
- WEEI Patriots Monday: Tom Brady (17.20 min.), Andre Carter (8.08 min.), Deion Branch (11.29 min.), Vince Wilfork (21.49 min.) and Bill Belichick (32 min.)
- Around the League (NFL.com) Branch breaks it down. (4.17 min. video)
- Shalise Manza Young examines Bill Belichick's least favorite subject: Statistics.
- Chris Forsberg puts the Patriots' big plays in Philly under the microscope.
- Chris Forsberg notes Bill Belichick faces a tall order in trying to talk up the winless Colts.
- Mike Reiss points out how, with unusual candor, Bill Belichick gives the Pats credit for their mental toughness.
- Chris Gasper feels this year's team is the opposite of that 2009 team shown in NFLN's documentary, and Belichick really likes the way they play.
- Ian Rapoport notes Tom Brady was able to buy time until his receivers got open, by his shiftiness in the pocket and making plays with his feet.
- Chris Forsberg talks about the silent snap count employed with the help of Brian Waters, to help Ryan Wendell initiate the snap.
- Tom E. Curran sees Deion Branch in the midst of a brilliant final act.
- Christopher Price tells us who has been Tom Brady's favorite receiver through 11 games.
- Mike Reiss reports Marv Albert and Rich Gannon will be the CBS broadcast duo for Sunday's game against the Colts in Foxborough.
- Christopher Price says the woeful Colts could be the worst late-season opponent in Gillette Stadium history.
- Mike Reiss charts the snaps played by Patriots defenders in Sunday's win over the Eagles and offers his analysis.
- Tony Massarotti isn't buying into the Patriots, and details five instances where the Eagles could have gone ahead but beat themselves instead.
- WEEI Patriots Monday highlights: Boomer Esiason - Tom Brady - Vince Wilfork - Bill Belichick.
- Chris Forsberg serves up some leftovers from Bill Belichick's Monday media address.
- Mike Reiss captures some of the national perspective on the Patriots after their Week 12 win.
- Mike Reiss looks at the players who showed up on multiple units within the "Big 4" on special teams.
- Mike Reiss catches us up with former Patriots who were with the team during Training Camp.
- Shalise Manza Young Patriots Notebook: Rob Gronkowski is a big kid in a massive tight end's body with more than a little goofball in him; Tom Brady said Ti Underwood was given the opportunity in the game because of how dependable he was in practice and how quickly he picked up the offense back in Training Camp; With Ryan Wendell playing center last week, Donald Thomas was called on to lead the way for BenJarvus Green-Ellis; Brady said he should probably work on his QB slide.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: The relationship between Deion Branch and Tom Brady is special; Many thought Taylor Price would take the place 3rd WR position in place of the injured Chad Ochocinco; Andre Carter says the defense is getting better, but they're always evaluating themselves; The Colts are coming to town Sunday, minus Peyton Manning, but Branch made sure the media knew the Pats are taking them seriously.
- Tedy Bruschi offers the transcript of his Monday online chat.
- Jeff Howe issues his Week 12 Report Card after Brady and the Patriots prey on Vince Young and the Eagles mistakes.
- Ron Borges grades the Patriots in his Week 12 Report Card. Brady earns an A.
- Kirk Minihane hands out his Week 12 Report Card after comparing Wes Welker to DeSean Jackson.
- Christian West (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots use versatile attack and win.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Reserves step up again for Patriots' 'D'.
- Erik Frenz (Cold Hard Football Facts) Patriots team report: Clipping Eagles' wings.
- James Walker (ESPN) Seven-step drop: Notes & observations for Week 12 in the AFC East.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots stock report: Week 12.
- Week 12 game balls. Tom Brady gets one. (Nat'l Football Post) Handing out the
- James Walker (ESPN) QBR: Tom Brady back on top.
- First Take (ESPN) Skip Bayless, Eric Mangini and Ryan Stewart talk about the Patriots and their standing in the AFC. (4.12 min. video)
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Solder, Cannon offer glimpse into future of Pats' O-line.
- Staff Report (NFL.com) Playoff picture: If the season ended today.
- Scott Kacsmar (Cold Hard Football Facts) Captain comeback Week 12: One large week to digest.
VIEW FROM INDIANAPOLIS