Rob Gronkowski spikes the ball after his record-setting TD Sunday..
Rob Gronkowski says the team win means more than him getting a record.
I got the ball back and everything so it was cool and everything, but it's cool to get a record and everything but it really [doesn't] matter. We got the team victory. We got the W and that's all that matters coming out. The defense played well at the end of the game. They got that interception which was huge. Can't be any better than coming out with a victory."
On being a mismatch for defenses: "You just got to practice hard, you've got to run hard, and you got to go full speed at all times. It's the NFL. Those guys are big and those guys are all fast too so if you're not going full speed, they're just going to knock you down right away. They're going to get you down so just going full intensity the whole game."
Jerod Mayo talks about if the late success raises the confidence of the defense.
"A little bit, but at the same time we still want to put together a full game and, you know, it was good enough today, but it probably won't be good enough any other week."
On if he had his wind knocked out at the end of the game: "No, no, just a little cramp in the calf. Sometimes when it's cold outside you don't think you're sweating, but you really are."
"It was a hard-fought game. It was definitely a tough one. Luckily in the end we were able to come away with the victory. The defense stepped up big for us. We had a lot of mistakes out there, but in the end we came out with the victory and that is what matters."
- Post Game Notes: Patriots vs. Redskins. Team and player records set, milestones reached and trends continued.
- Post Game Pressers: Bill Belichick (7.23 min. video), Tom Brady (5.33 min. video), Wes Welker (1 min. video) and Andre Carter (2.56 min. video).
- Patriots Today - Patriots-Redskins debrief. (2.09 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Post-game reactions. (2.47 min. video)
- Post Game Quotes: Patriots and Redskins.
- Patriots Post Game Show - Adam Jones wraps up the Patriots 34-27 win over the Washington Redskins. (2 hour program)
- Shalise Manza Young recaps the action from the Patriots' win over the redskins, including Jerod Mayo's game-sealing interception.
- Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots did just enough to get by the Redskins.
- Mike Reiss offers his rapid reaction following their 34-27 win over Washington.
- Mark Farinella recaps the game that started with all the makings of a blow-out, but with the Patriots secondary allowing the Redskins to stay in the game.
- Greg A. Bedard offers his post-game report.
- Steve Silva posts the drive-by-drive details of yesterday's win in Washington D.C.
- Karen Guregian spotlights Rob Gronkowski re-establishing his TD record yesterday afternoon.
- Dan Shaugnessy has never seen a tight end like Rob Gronkowski, or a neck like his either.
- Mike Petraglia tells us how Rob Gronkowski shows love for some Pats fans at the game.
- Tom E. Curren thinks Tom Brady's engine runs exceptionally hot but he's starting to toe the line of showing up teammates too often.
- Ron Borges observes that lately all the games seem tight, even the ones that shouldn't be, and that leads to heightened emotions.
- Greg A. Bedard reports on the sideline dust-up between Bill O'Brien and Tom Brady after his frustrating interception.
- Matt Pepin highlights Tom Brady's Monday morning call-in to WEEI, including a bit more on the sideline yelling match between Brady and O'Brien.
- Jim Donaldson notes that for once, the defense has to save Brady's bacon.
- Mike Rodak says the worst of the Patriots defense can be found between each 20-yard line.
- Michael Whitmer notes the defense once again let the Redskins march up and down the field but made all the needed stops in the fourth quarter.
- Mark Farinella writes why LB Tracy White is such a valuable member of the Patriots' goal-line defense.
- Ian Rapoport reports Jerod Mayo issued a stern warning to the defense that yesterday's performance "won't be good enough any other week."
- Eric Detweiler notices Devin McCourty finds his form, rallying late with a pair of timely breakups in the game's last 16 minutes.
- Ian Rapoport says Devin McCourty is thankful for the support of teammates, who helped him fight through.
- Christopher Price tells us ten things we learned Sunday: Time is running out for this Patriots defense.
- Mike Rodak shares some post game soundbites from the Patriots.
- ESPN Stats & Information offers some next-level stats from Pats-Redskins.
- Mike Reiss notes Mike Shanahan was thinking about going for 2 if they had scored a touchdown to tie the game.
- Daniel Lyght points out the terrific game had by ex-Patriots Jabar Gaffney and Donte Stallworth yesterday.
- Mike Reiss looks at the offensive snaps played by the Patriots' skill-position players, while analyzing what it might mean.
- Mike Reiss breaks down this week's positional groupings used Sunday.
- New England Patriots Gamecenter: Patriots vs. Redskins.
- Chris Gasper has a dozen thoughts about where things stand with the Patriots before the game.
- Shalise Manza Young Patriots Notebook: Vince Wilfork recorded his first career TD; Wes Welker reached 100 catches for the season; Jerod Mayo brushed off his end-of-game injury as cramps in his calf; Nick McDonald started at center but was replaced by Ryan Wendell in the 2nd half to get him some reps; Mike Shanahan considered going for two if they had scored a TD; Patriots were the first team to pass for over 300 yards against the Redskins this season; More game notes and injury updates.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Vince Wilfork delivered the ball from his first-ever TD straight to his wife Bianca; Referee Jeff Triplette is taking heat from Redskins receiver Santana Moss; Aaron Hernandez had a solid day despite dropping a sure 5-yard TD pass.
- Mike Reiss gives us his 3 up and 3 down from last night's win.
- Kirk Minihane tells us what went right and what went wrong in Sunday's win.
- Mary Paoletti chooses her Best & Worst of Patriots 34, Redskins 27.
- Ron Borges picks out the Best and Worst of Patriots vs Redskins.
- Mark Farinella lists his Pats-Redskins Hots and Nots from Sunday.
- NFL Game Center: New England Patriots at Washington Redskins. Recap, stats, analysis and highlight videos.
- A.J. Perez (Fox Sports) Rob Gronkowski's record-setting day proves he is the best TE in the game.
- Erik Frenz (Cold Hard Football Facts) Patriots team report: Another air show, another win.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots players of the week.
- Gregg Rosenthal (ProFootballTalk) Same old story: Patriots defense barely survives.
- Don Banks (SI) Snap Judgments: Week 14.
- Sunday rewind: Manning beats the Cowboys, another Tebow comeback, Gronkowski and more. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Jonathan Comey (Cold Hard Football Facts) 10 things we learned: Thrilling Week 14 edition.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Week 14 NFL checkdown: Crazy finishes shape postseason picture.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Week 14 Monday 10-pack.
- Eric Edholm (Pro Football Weekly) Shorts and shells: Week 14.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Week 14 Judgements: Forte's absence felt as Bears falter late.
- Andy Benoit (NY Times) Week 14 quick hits: Tebow wins, and logic loses.
VIEW FROM WASHINGTON
- Mike Jones (Washington Post) Washington gives New England all it can handle but loses, 34-27.
- Rich Campbell (Washington Times) Redskins' upset bid against Patriots falls short with late pick.
- Nathan Fenno (Washington Times) Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski too big, too strong and too good.
- Barry Svrluga (Washington Post) Santana Moss after Redskins' loss to Patriots: 'We got to play against the team and the refs.'
- Rich Campbell (Washington Times) Penalty for London Fletcher hit leaves Redskins' defense miffed.
- Rick Maese (Washington Post) Mistakes, penalties and questioned calls add up to another Washington loss.
- Jason Reid (Washington Post) Washington Redskins find failure again, even on a good day.
- Dan Daly (Washington Times) Where has this been all season?
- Deron Snyder (Washington Times) Don't be swayed by Redskins' scoring surge.