Matt Light will hopefully be back in action Sunday against the Bills.
Mike Reiss and Mike Rodak offer the transcript of Matt Light's Q&A with the media.
How are you feeling? "We're getting there, buddy."
What happened the other day? "I just wasn't able to go the other day, unfortunately. It's a tough deal, game-day, making that decision. But we'll work this week and get back out there. It's feeling better."
What are your thoughts on the guys who replaced you? "I think those guys all fought hard. To come back in the second half that way and battle back, and get a win, that was a heck of an effort. We have a lot of things we have to correct, and there always a lot of things we have to do better. But those guys did a great job out there. Of course, guys stepping up and playing positions they hadn't practiced, and going through plays they haven't run -- maybe at all in some cases -- it's not an easy task."
How often are different five-man combinations able to practice together? "It was a short week anyway, relatively, and there are only so many things you can rep out there in practice. You want your guys that are going to be playing in the game to take most of those. A lot of times these guys that are in the backup position, that come in and out of the game, they're not going to get those reps. So it comes down to the film room and understanding the plays, and the concepts and what we do, and doing it mentally for the most part."
How confident are you that everything is going to come together for the offensive line for the playoffs? "I never have any lack of confidence in that, whether it's Dante [Scarnecchia] working with some of the younger guys, or some of the vets, talking to those guys, or just guys stepping up and going out and doing their job. It will work out one way or the other." At that point, Light's cell phone rang. "I think this is the president," he cracked, before looking down and adding, "Absolutely not."
"Open-field tackles, those are hard even for real athletes," Gostkowski joked in the locker room after the game. "I just dove. I probably closed my eyes."
- Game Preview - New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills. Broadcast info, series history, team connections and more.
- The New England Patriots announce that for the second year in a row, eight team members have been selected to the Pro Bowl.
- Ask PFW: Fans concerned as Patriots head into postseason with one of the best offenses in football but also one of the worst defenses.
- Patriots sign FB Lousaka Polite; DB Malcolm Williams signed to practice squad.
- The New England Patriots mourn the death of 50th Anniversary Team member DT Houston Antwine.
- Player Interviews: Alex Silvestro (1.47 min.) and Matt Light (6.28 min.)
- Patriots Today - Eight Pats selected to Pro Bowl. (2.16 min. video)
- Patriots Today - McCourty, takeaways and more. (3.01 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Belichick joins Patriots Monday. (2.52 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Patriots mourn passing of Antwine. (1 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Thoughts from Light, Sylvestro. (3.24 min. video)
- Ian Rapoport notes the Patriots players agree it would be nice to go to Hawaii, but Indianapolis would be a whole lot nicer.
- Mike Reiss analyzes the Patriots' eight Pro Bowl selections, including Matthew Slater's first selection.
- Christopher Price offers five thoughts on the Patriots and the Pro Bowl.
- Shalise Manza Young says the hope is Logan Mankins will be healthy enough to play in the Patriots first playoff game in mid-January.
- Ian Rapoport reports Logan Mankins will sit out Sunday's game against Buffalo, with a sprained MCL.
- Greg A. Bedard thinks this will be a wounded Buffalo team that limps into Foxboro on Sunday.
- Mike Reiss offers some quick hits from the media-access period in the locker room.
- Christopher Price scouts Patriots potential playoff opponents: Houston Texans.
- Ian Rapoport notes the Patriots gave out their 17th Difference Maker of the Week honor while passing out meals to grateful seniors at HESSCO Elder Services in Foxboro.
- Ian Rapoport posts a video of Dan Koppen discussing his backups and his future, after taking part in a charity event in Foxboro. (2 min. clip)
- Ron Borges remembers Houston Antwine.
- Mike Reiss takes a look at where the Patriots rank in key statistical categories, with the Bills' stats included for comparison.
- Mike Reiss opens his weekly reader mailbag. Injuries to offensive line a concern.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Robert Kraft was touched by gift to honor his late wife Myra; No word yet on a new deal for Dan Koppen, who is already running on his healed leg and hopes to be back; Patriots signed FB Lousaka Polite to help in short-yardage situations with all the injuries to the O-line; Alex Silvestro was nervous in his first game time but only took a few plays to calm down.
- Michael Whitmer Patriots Notebook: For the second year in a row, Patriots placed eight players on the AFC's Pro Bowl roster; Matt Light hopes he'll play Sunday against the Bills; Practice squadder Alex Silvestro said it took a couple of snaps to feel comfortable in the game Saturday; Patriots made a couple of roster moves.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots 60-second rant: No room for early deficits come playoff time.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots-Bills matchup of the day: RB C.J. Spiller vs. Patriots defense.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East Pro Bowl analysis.
- Michael Lombardi (NFL.com) Pro Bowl analysis: AFC roster full of good calls, omissions.
- Elliot Harrison (NFL.com) Five most undeserving Pro Bowl choices. Hernandez should have been in over Gates.
- Analysts (NFL.com) Pats' Hernandez, Lions; Stafford among biggest Pro Bowl snubs.
- Report (NFL.com) 2012 Pro Bowl rosters.
- Jim Corbett (USA Today) Inside slant: Peyton, Rodgers and the back-shoulder fade.
- Week 16 (NFL.com) Never say Never Moment of the Week. Vote here for Tom Brady's comeback win.
- Mike Pereira (Fox Sports) Chat transcript with rules analyst Mike Periera.
- John Clayton (ESPN) Week 16: Lions are in; plenty left to resolve.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Ravens' road to playoffs clear: Better earn home field Sunday.
- Mike Beacom (Pro Football Weekly) A decade's worth of Week 17 gems.
- Pat Fizmaurice (Pro Football Weekly) The all-disappointment team, and all-surprise team.
- Don Banks (SI) Biggest NFL stories of 2011.
VIEW FROM BUFFALO
- Jay Skurski (Buffalo News) Bills' O-line down pair for finale: Bell and Urbik will miss New England game with significant knee injuries.
- Chris Brown (BuffaloBills.com) Bills return game peaking.
- Jay Skurski (Buffalo News) Offensive line hole plugged with Jasper.
- Chris Brown (BuffaloBills.com) Fitz to make it 16 straight starts.
- Jay Skurski (Buffalo News) No Bills selected for the Pro Bowl.