Everyone is important to contributing to the New England Patriots, but 5 guys will determine this year's playoff run.
If you think of another player, feel free to comment.
1) Tom Brady- TB was coming. We all know it. The offense pretty much goes as far as Tom Brady does. He has had a great year covering up for the terrible defense that we call the New England Patriots. He has a chance to throw for over 5000 yards this year and could also throw for over 40 touchdowns. If he struggles, then the Patriots will be one and done.
2) Vince Wilfork and Mark Anderson- With Andre Carter out of the remainder of the season and playoffs, Wilfork and Anderson will be the main duo on the defensive line. They will be the two guys responsible for getting pressure on the QB and also stopping the run. Andre Carter was their main guy when it was to getting pressure on the QB and sacking him/forcing bad throws so other players will really have to step up.
3) Devin McCourty- Devin had a terrible year at CB for the Pats. From injuries to having to play defense against taller wide receiver, it was the definition of a sophomore slump. He will be responsible for defending the best wide receiver on opposing teams.
4) Patrick Chung- No one, I repeat NO ONE, wants Matthew Slater at a safety position. The secondary has been horrible this season and part of that is because Patrick Chung has been injured for many weeks. He is the best safety on this team (when healthy) and can really help contribute in coverage and even on the run. He may not be the best safety in the league, but he is 56 steps above Matthew Slater.
5) Chad OchoCinco- We all know what Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez can do. Heck, even Deion Branch is having a good season. If Chad can contribute (in a positive way!), then the threat of Chad will open up the field for the other WR's even more. It should even open up the running game a little bit.