If it weren’t for the CBA debacle, we wouldn’t all be so obsessed with the draft quite yet. We Monday Morning QB’s would instead be focusing on free agency and who the Pats might sign, resign, or trade. In that spirit, and in the hope that there will actually be a free agency this year, I’ve listed the Free Agents I would like to see in NE, in order of preference:
- Sidney Rice: Make it a full trade, Moss for Rice.
- Harvey Dahl: Its going to cost some money, but not as much as keeping Mankins, whom he could effectively replace.
- Kiwanuka: Can he play OLB? He’s played the elephant role in NY, he can rush the passer with the best of them, and he has the size BB loves! Its worth a shot.
- Asomugha: Ok, the Pats will never pay him what he wants, but an Aso/McCourty/Bodden backfield might buy the front seven enough time for Ron Brace to notch 5 sacks. If I thought there were even an outside chance of the Pats signing Asomugha he would move up to #2 on my list.
- DeAngelo Williams: Despite a down year might be the #1 back the Pats have been looking for. or
- Sproles: Good for 10 or so touches a game might with good hands out of the backfield may just be what the RB Committee needs.
- Ricky Williams: A pair of Williams might just complete one of the more solid RB committees NE has had in a long while. Besides, he should be rather inexpensive.
- Ochocinco: The Pats have the nack of getting the most out of Primdonna's for a year or two anyway. If we can't land Rice, why not try Chad for a year or so when Fitz might just become availble.
So which of these players would you all like to see wearing the red, white, blue, and silver next year, and are there others that you would try to go out and sign?