"There’s a lot of great tradition at the gym — you really have to check it out," Green-Ellis told the Herald. "And when I leave there, I’m drenched from head to toe like I hopped out of the swimming pool."
Sure, he’ll still do football drills outside or head inside to lift weights. But his goal is to mimic his training in New England "with a little bit more." Boxing has given him that. No, he doesn’t intend to become a two-sport athlete like Ravens safety and boxer Tom Zbikowski. But he is training five times a week.
"We have so much time on our hands nowadays," Green-Ellis said. "Besides waking up and going through your normal football training, the rest of the day is free. I go do boxing. It’s a great experience."
"They really put me through it," Green-Ellis said. "There’s no sitting down. I like it, and it’s especially good for my core, that’s where it starts. Working on hand/eye coordination, my footwork in there, keeping up my good cardio, different things for my shoulders — it helps out. And I like being able to hit the pads. They push me to my limits and past my limits."
"As those punches are coming, you still have to be able to move when you’re tired," he said. "Your body might be gone, but your mind has to out-will the body."
"It’s easy to think that you’re going to be a lot quicker, but until somebody’s actually coming to tackle you, I don’t think that’ll be a fair judgment," Green-Ellis said. "But I feel good. You want to get to the point of increasing the foot speed and quickness. That’s the ultimate goal."
- Patriots.com posts the Draft Pick Value Chart used by many NFL teams to determine value of traded draft picks.
- Patriots Football Weekly polled beat reporters from every NFL city and compiled a 2011 Mock Draft with their opinions and comments. Pats select DE Cameron Jordan (California) at 17 and OL Danny Watkins (Baylor) at 28.
- The Brady 6 airs tonight on ESPN 8-9pm. (1.52 min. preview clip)
- Greg A. Bedard reports Judge Nelson orders both parties to mediation, but on NFLPA terms.
- Ian Rapoport looks at the daily boxing regimen of Patriots RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis, from his trainer Matt Baiamonte.
- Christopher Price notes Fred Taylor told the Gainesville Sun on Monday that he's "basically retired" from football.
- Karen Guregian catches up with Patriots alum Jermaine Wiggins speaking at the Daley School in Lowell as part of "Bully Prevention Week".
- Tom E. Curran looks looks back at what positions the Patriots have targeted early in past drafts.
- Greg A. Bedard breaks down where the 2010 opening day starters on each NFL team came from in the draft.
- Mike Reiss notes Matt Williamson (ESPN Scouts Inc.) ranks AFC East teams in terms of their personnel at running back, and puts the Patriots second in the division.
- Mike Reiss offers an outsider's view on the value of guards like Logan Mankins.
- Mike Reiss notes the Patriots nailed the 2005 draft pick of Logan Mankins in the first round.
- Christopher Price looks at who was the best third-round pick in Patriots history.
- Mike Reiss focuses on the draft picks available at the Center and Guard position, beyond the first round.
- Shalise Manza Young scouts the Draft: QB Ricky Stanzi (Iowa).
- Tom E. Curran profiles potential Patriots: OT Gabe Carimi (Wisconsin) and OT Nate solder (Colorado). Here is a link to the full list.
- Jeff Howe notes this year's draft prospect that's most linked to the Patriots is DE J.J. Watt (Wisconsin) and tells why he'd be a good fit.
- The Providence Journal Patriots Draft preview: Five potential targets at the RB position.
- Ian Rapoport posts a video of The Brady 6 producer describing some details on the shooting of the film. (4.45 min. video).
- Mike Reiss writes that Brady's Cinderella story never gets old.
- Staff (Philadelphia Daily News) NFL Draft countdown: New England Patriots.
- Wes Bunting (Nat'l Football Post) The NFP round breakdown: Grading scale tells where prospects would come off the board.
- Gregg Rosenthal (ProFootballTalk) Madden cover down to four candidates, including Vick and Rodgers.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Mike Mayock could join NFL Network booth.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Ohio State's Cameron Heyward the best of draft's 'hybrid' ends.
- Dan Arkush (Pro Football Weekly) Free-agent aces in the hole.
- Michael Lombardi (NFL.com) Draft Do-overs: Smith-over-Rodgers sent 49ers, Packers on opposite paths.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Court appoints lead counsel in Super Bowl ticket case.
- Fox Sports Top 10 No. 1 NFL picks of all time.
- Michael Hiestand (USA Today) NFL Network ramping up coverage plans for NFL Draft.
- Doug Farrar (Yahoo! Sports) NFLPA announces lineup for Rookie debut.
- Gregg Rosenthal (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA* announces 20 players to attend draft events.
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) NFL attempting to sabotage NFLPA event.
- Page 2 (ESPN) Adrian Peterson teams up with Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore in "Real Men Don't Buy Girls" campaign. Tom Brady is a "Real Man" too.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Antonio Cromartie: 'I'm my own union'.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Judge Nelson appoints magistrate judge to handle mediation.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Where does NFL labor situation stand?
- Judy Battista (NY Times) Judge returns players and NFL to mediation.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Score one for players.
- Adam Schefter (ESPN) Video: Labor mediation to begin Thursday.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Let's not assume mediation will be futile.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Tim Leiweke predicts a doubling of TV rights fees.
- John Czarnecki (Fox Sports) As lockout goes on, insurance big issue.