Mike Rodak recaps the Patriots' nine selections in this year's draft.
* Round 1, 17th overall -- OT Nate Solder (Colorado)
* Round 2, 33rd overall -- CB Ras-I Dowling (Virginia)
* Round 2, 56th overall -- RB Shane Vereen (California)
* Round 3, 73rd overall -- RB Stevan Ridley (LSU)
* Round 3, 74th overall -- QB Ryan Mallett (Arkansas)
* Round 5, 138th overall -- OL Marcus Cannon (TCU)
* Round 5, 159th overall -- TE Lee Smith (Marshall)
* Round 6, 194th overall -- OLB/DE Markell Carter (Central Arkansas)
* Round 7, 219th overall -- CB/S/ST Malcolm Williams (TCU)
Bill Belichick addresses the media following the final day of the Draft.
We've got another one in the books here. We started off the day kind of waiting through that fourth round. When Marcus Cannon was on the board there in the fifth, we felt like that was a good value for that pick. He's a very highly-rated player and obviously we felt comfortable enough to take him at that point, so that was that. Lee Smith was an outstanding blocker at Marshall. Actually, I crossed paths with his father when I was at Cleveland the first season there. We finished up with Markell [Carter] who has had a very productive career at a smaller school. And then of course, Malcolm [Williams], a fast, physical back that has been very productive in the kicking game. That's where we're at. Now we're kind of in a different mode for right now. We'll see how all that works out. This is one step in the team building process. I'm sure there will be others to come, but maybe not for a while. We'll just have to wait and see.
- Eric Scalavino recaps New England's action on Day 3 of the 2011 NFL Draft.
- Conference Call Transcripts: TE Lee Smith - OL Marcus Cannon - CB Ras-I Dowling - RB Shane Vereen.
- Bill Belichick Saturday Press Conference (15 min. video) plus Transcript.
- Patriots 2011 Final Draft Board: Check out all the picks.
- Patriots Today - Words from Pats' second-round picks. (1.11 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Pats add OT & TE. (2.58 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Mallett chats at Gillette Stadium. (1.19 min. video)
- College highlights: OL Marcus Cannon (5 min.) and TE Lee Smith (5 min.)
- Mike Reiss offers a few quick-hit thoughts on the Patriots 2011 Draft.
- The Boston Globe offers a photo gallery of the Patriots 2011 draft picks.
- Tom E. Curran talks about how Bill Belichick has the nerve and clout to repeatedly pull the lever on risk-filled selections when others would shy away.
- Jim Donaldson says only time will tell what Belichick has reaped.
- Greg A. Bedard compares each player drafted by the Patriots to see how they measure up to their physical positional profiles from previous drafts.
- Mark Farinella analyzes the Patriots draft that has raised more than a few eyebrows this year.
- Mike Reiss highlights Bill Belichick's wrap-up of the final day of the draft.
- Ian Rapoport notes the draft picks were on a whirlwind timetable to get to Gillette, tour the facility and meet their coaches before the lockout window shut again.
- Shalise Manza Young reports the Patriots took full advantage of the small window of opportunity, bringing their 2nd and 3rd round draft picks in to Foxboro yesterday.
- Shalise Manza Young reports on Patriots draft picks Ras-I Dowling and Shane Vereen arriving in Foxborough Sunday, touring the facility and meeting coaches.
- Karen Guregian sees one of the fallouts of the NFL lockout will be the impact on the rookies, who figure to be way behind when the dust settles.
- Christopher Price notes rookie TE Lee Smith feels "humbled" to be a part of the Patriots tight end crew.
- Karen Guregian tells us how Lee Smith emerged from a troubled period in his life to blossom into one of the best in-line blocking TEs in the draft and a respected leader.
- Christopher Price says Marcus Cannon is unlike any draftee in the history of the Patriots' franchise.
- Ian Rapoport notes OL Marcus Cannon was prepared to see his draft stock slide and is appreciative of being picked at all.
- Shalise Manza Young recaps the Patriots final four picks of the Draft, noting OL Marcus Cannon as a surprise choice.
- Mike Reiss tells us his thoughts on yesterday's picks: DB Marcus Williams (Texas Christian) - DE/OLB Markell Carter (Central Arkansas) - TE Lee Smith (Marshall) - OL Marcus Cannon (TCU).
- Tom E. Curran takes a closer look at Ryan Mallett after his meeting with the press in Foxboro.
- John Connolly reports BC LB Mark Herzlich was passed over in the draft and must wait for free agency to open up before he knows if he'll be playing football again.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) AFC East draft analysis.
- Wes Bunting (Nat'l Football Post) New England adds some "nasty" at tight end.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots comfortable with pass rushers on roster.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots place focus on long term.
- Aaron Wilson (Nat'l Football Post) Marcus Cannon: 'It's just a blessing'.
- Suzy Kolber (ESPN) OL Marcus Cannon on joining the Patriots. (4.45 min. video)
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Brady says he plans to play 10 more years.
- Doug Farrar (Yahoo! Sports) Ten things we learned from the 2011 NFL Draft.
- Adam Caplan (Fox Sports) 2011 NFL draft grades for each team.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Lockout uncertainty leads to draft filled with reaches.
- Len Pasquarelli (CBS Sports) No middle ground when it comes to drafting QBs.
- Don Banks (SI) NFL's have-nots improved, Chiefs roll the dice, and more from Saturday's draft action.