memories that stand out from his years in New England.talks about a few
Oh geeze, there are so many it's hard to cycle through all of them, but there are some times that stand out pretty clearly, beginning with being drafted and coming out there in 1993, a 21-year-old kid out of Walla Walla, Washington and coming in as the number one draft pick to the New England Patriots was a pretty heady time for a small town kid. So that memory and all that went with that - being in New York and then coming up to Boston and kind of being inserted into that melee was pretty crazy times.
But then particular games that stand out: the game against the Vikings in 1994 that started our seven-game win streak to get us into the playoffs was a huge memory. 1996 having the two playoff games in Foxborough stands out really clearly in my mind. The start of the Steelers game with the fog settling in there and the crowd was as loud as Foxborough ever was in my recollection - that playoff game against the Steelers in ‘96 and then winning the AFC championship game there in front of our fans that were so deserving was a great memory. And then, obviously, in '01, getting hurt and watching Tom Brady take over and beginning what's been just a spectacular run of his, and to come back in and play in the AFC championship game against the Steelers in Pittsburgh and help us win that game is a memory that stands out very clearly.
Bill Belichick offered the following comments on Drew Bledsoe being voted the 2011 Patriots Hall of Fame Enshrinee.
"I congratulate Drew on this most deserving honor. For his production at the quarterback position and his professionalism for nearly a decade, Drew was instrumental in helping put this franchise back on the map. His induction will be an appropriate celebration of an outstanding career."
Ian Rapoport reports Bill Belichick has to adjust his plans, forget about minicamp, focus on training camp and shrink the playbook with the lengthened lockout.
"At one point, we had to prepare for the offseason program, and that’s not really a part of it now," Belichick said. "We talked about some kind of minicamp or (organized team activities), but now, we just turn our attention to training camp and get our teaching and organization straight there."
"Whatever the time frame is, if it’s less than what we’re used to having, which I agree it seems like it’s going to be, (we’ll adjust)," Belichick said. "We’ll have to take the windows that we have to teach things and try to see how much we feel realistically we can get done. Something’s going to have to go, I would think. The progression’s got to stay the same, but the breadth of that amount of installation could be subject to being trimmed back, maybe drastically."
- New England Patriots announced today that Drew Bledsoe has been voted by the fans as the 17th player and 18th member to enter the Patriots Hall of Fame.
- Drew Bledsoe Conference Call Transcript.
- Patriots Today - Bledsoe headed to Pats' Hall. (2.59 min. video)
- Andy Hart reports Ryan Mallett's former position coach at Arkansas has nothing but good things to say about his prized QB.
- Raytheon and Patriots award 17 scholarships to "Science of Sports" Science Fair winners.
- Patriots Today - Science of Sports Science Fair. (2.15 min. video)
- Mark Farinella reports Drew Bledsoe was a bit emotional and overwhelmed when he received the call from Robert Kraft, confirming his place in the Patriots Hall of Fame.
- Mike Reiss thanks the fans for making the right call with Drew Bledsoe.
- Karen Guregian says Drew Bledsoe being honored seemed like a no-brainer to everyone but the former QB.
- Christopher Price reports Drew Bledsoe's career comes full circle with induction into Patriots Hall of Fame.
- Jim Donaldson reminds us why he gave Drew Bledsoe his vote for the Patriots Hall of Fame.
- Greg A. Bedard writes about the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals decision that allows the NFL to keep its doors closed until at least late June.
- Christopher Price posts both statements issued by the players and the NFL following the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals decision to keep the lockout in place.
- Jim Donaldson believes that despite Robert Kraft's concerns, the fans will always come back.
- Ian Rapoport reports Tom Brady made a sizable gift to the Coach Carr Mountaintop Fund.
- Mike Reiss points out Jerod Mayo earned a 62nd ranking from players, in NFL Network's "Top 100" players feature, based on players-only voting.
- Ian Rapoport notes Devin McCourty graced the cover of the Eastbay Sports catalog, and posts the picture and some cool videos.
- Mike Reiss notes Bill Belichick has been spending some of his extra time "studying opponents".
- Mike Reiss talks about the importance of the development of the young D-linemen on the roster.
- Michael Rothstein (Ann Arbor News) Catching up with ... former Michigan punter and current New England Patriot Zoltan Mesko.
- Kevin Heitz (Press Box) A friendship forged: Dave Pietramala and Bill Belichick: How two of the best coaches in their businesses met and now benefit from one another.
- Gregg Rosenthal (ProFootballTalk) Peter King thinks Ochocinco will land in New England.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) NFL's 'The Top 100' a nice distraction.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Bruschi shows range on mountain climb.
- Richard Deitsch (SI) Media Power list.
- Matt Bowen (Nat'l Football Post) What is really being lost in the NFL lockout?
- John Clayton (ESPN) Maybe it's time for NFL to scramble; NFL mailbag.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Kraft, Wilson feel for fans in labor squabble.
- Michael McCann (SI) Ruling in favor of NFL, lockout extension set up key June decision.
- Andrew Brandt (Nat'l Football Post) Stay a little longer: lockout continues. An analysis.
- Andrew Brandt (Nat'l Football Post) Courtroom football: busy week ahead. Everlasting stay, mediation anew, Doty ruling looms.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Eighth Circuit tips its hand; Judge Nelson's ruling is in serious jeopardy.
- Albert Breer (NFL.com) Appeals court grants NFL motion for stay, pending appeal.
- Jim Trotter (SI) Latest decision favors owners, leaving players to lean on Doty.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) NFL owners get big win in lockout ruling.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Ruling gives NFL a win, leaves players with little leverage.
- Dan Wetzel (Yahoo! Sports) NFL players must decide how long to battle.
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) NFL players need to accept reality and admit defeat.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Even in defeat, De Smith rolls out the rhetoric.
- ESPN news services NFL owners submit new CBA proposal.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) With new offer in hand, ball is in players' court.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) League calls for a deal to be done now.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Shutdown option confirmed.
- Chris Mortensen (ESPN) Drew Brees 'discouraged' by stay order.
- Tully Corcoran (Fox Sports) NFL players not freaking out ... yet.
- Mike Sando (ESPN) NFL court victory carries short-term costs.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) More evidence that mediation won't amount to much.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Reports regarding lack of progress are a matter of semantics.