"This was a breathtaking experience," Green-Ellis told me yesterday. "Those F-16s are no joke. It’s like, wow. It was a tremendous honor and just to get in there and see what the military goes through, what they use when they’re fighting, that was just neat. … You go from zero to 500 miles an hour so fast, faster than any other thing you get on in this world. And it’s not like a regular plane where it gradually takes off. You go straight up in the air like a rocket ship."
Joe McDonald reports Claude Julien appreciates the support Bill Belichick has been giving the Bruins during their Stanley Cup run.
"What he’s done [by attending games] is reach out to us by doing what he’s done. I think coaches understand, and I would be the same way, I would never dare call him or any of those guys when they are in the playoffs, but I would certainly be there to show my support, which I did with the Patriots when it was time," Julien said.
"I’ve done it for the Red Sox, been there quite a few times. And I’m a big fan of those Boston teams, Celtics included, and I think it’s about showing support. You don’t need necessarily to talk unless somebody still needs to talk to you, and I’m sure if I reached out to him, he’d be more than willing to talk to me."
Jon Gold (BigLeadSports) NFL Rookies: Mowing the lawn, living at home, and saving money during the lockout.
"There’s one way I’m staying afloat right now, and that’s living at home," [Patriots rookie RB Shane] Vereen said at the NFL PLAYERS Rookie Premiere in Los Angeles Friday. "Yes I am living at home, with moms and dad. It’s kind of weird coming back home from college. I really don’t like it that much. If we last any longer, I’m going to have to do something about it. I try to stay out of the house as much as possible, but I’m not trying to spend any money until I get it."
- Ask PFW: Free agency forecast.
- Patriots Today - Belichick and Staubach. (1.31 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Tom Brady on Moss trade. (1.13 min. clip)
- PFW in Progress - 5/24/11: In this edition, the PFW crew discusses free agents and the current status of the NFL lockout. (2 hour program)
- Greg A. Bedard reports the owners approve three rules changes all in the area of player safety.
- Greg A. Bedard reports the NFL wants teams accountable for on-field conduct.
- Mike Reiss posts some Belichick Buzz during the lockout: Showing support for Claude Julien's Bruins at the Garden Monday and attending an event with Cowboy's great Roger Staubach.
- Greg A. Bedard elaborates on the rule change concerning blows to the head of the QB from Rich McKay, chairman of the competition committee.
- Christopher Price mentions the NFL's decision to cancel this year's rookie symposium, and the Patriots deep ties to the event over the years.
- Mike Reiss feels fining teams for flagrant hits is over the top. The game is already over-regulated and this just adds another layer to that.
- Ian Rapoport posts a cool pic of Benny in the cockpit of the F-16.
- Mike Reiss highlights Ty Warren's visit on ESPN's First Take this morning.
- Mike Reiss reports Tom Brady is again serving as honorary chairman of the 12th annual Audi Best Buddies Challenge on June 3-4.
- Tom E. Curran looks at the inside linebackers on the roster and which available free agents might fit well with the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss discusses Football Outsiders revisiting of the 2006 Branch deal.
- Jeff Howe thinks Bill Belichick knows how to play to a crowd and 19 other NFL thoughts.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly reader mailbag.
- Jeff Howe notes Ryan Mallett was tweeting photos of tornados in the Texas-Arkansas region.
- Ron Borges reports Colts owner Jim Irsay sees the NFL in crisis, especially since the players refuse to negotiate. Borges makes sure readers know that the owners started it.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Would you prefer Jets or Pats 2010 season?
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Owners approve new rule changes.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Plan to fine teams targets Steelers for good reason.
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) Fine system on hits unlikely to deter Steelers.
- Mike Chappell (Indy Star) Colts QB Peyton Manning recovering from 2nd neck surgery.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL players not bashful about appearing on NFL Network.
- Sam Farmer (LA Times) For NFL rookies, football has become a game of haves versus have-nots: Do you have a playbook or not?
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Dancing with the divas: Weighing the risks, rewards with free agent wide receivers.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Mailbag: Lockout testing limits of fans' tolerance, behavior.
- Doug Farrar (Yahoo! Sports) NFL slashes more employee salaries, raises replica jersey prices.
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) Black athletes should know better than to use slurs.
- Andrew Brandt (Nat'l Football Post) Four judges, two views, one law: Interpretation of Norris-LaGuardia Act sways future of NFL.
- Andrew Carter (So. Florida Sun-Sentinel) Channing Crowder says NFL lockout will hurt quality of play and some players will run out of money.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Jason Snelling wants negotiations to resume, now.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) David Akers tells De Smith he wants to get a deal done, too.
- John Czarnecki (Fox Sports) Stadium status influences owner stances. Will they cave?