1. As bad as the offense is now without Peyton Manning, what excuse can the defense use? Texans were up 34-0 at half.
2. After watching most of the Jets game last night one thing surprised me. The Jets came out throwing; using empty backfields on some occasions and mostly abandoned their ground and pound mentality.
3. Nice debut by Cam Newton, but it is one game and it was against a pitiful Cardinals defense. After the horrendous preseason where rumbles that Jimmy Clausen could start, I believe this may calm the skeptics for at least one week.
4. If Matthew Stafford can stay upright for most of the season look for the Loins to take that next step. I know that this is no surprise but Loins could make some noise this year and make life hard on a lot of teams.
5. Eli Manning looked lost and was running for his life against an improved Redskins team. Rex was patient with his throws and made good decisions as the defense was harassing Eli all day. If this productivity continues on both sides of the ball, is it possible to include them in winning the division race?
6. 2007 was the last time the Bengals won a season opener and that was against the Ravens, good to see after all of the offseason distractions; Palmer retires, Benson’s run in with the law, and trading Ocho Cinco they get off on the right foot
7. Two powerhouse teams got manhandled and that was the Falcons and the Steelers. These were nice statement games by Flacco who can never beat Big Ben and Culter whose manhood was questioned since last year’s playoff loss.
8. Ryan Fitzpatrick may be the least talked about QB in the league but is really coming into his own. Need a starter fantasy junkies, hurry because he will not be around to pick up very long.
9. Matt Cassel looked like a 7th round pick yesterday.
10. Nice to see 9-11-01 remembered by all throughout the league, it was a great show of support.