Yeah, start drinking early. It's a 4:15 game, they have a lot of time to get lubed up, come out here and cheer for the home team.
Tom Brady talks about how different the Chargers are from when he played them last year to what he saw in Week 1.
They were pretty good last year. They led the league in defense. It was our fewest production all season when we played them. We had like 200 yards of offense - didn't do really well in the red area, didn't really run it great, certainly didn't throw it great, didn't protect as well as we're capable. We were pretty fortunate last year playing them. Hopefully we can execute better. They have a good team. They have a good defense. It's veterans, they're aggressive, they're tough, they can tackle, they're experienced, they have a very good offense that puts up points on the board and can do it very quickly. Special teams are much improved from last season. It's one of the best teams in the AFC, it always has been, they've been that way for a long time. They have a great quarterback so it's going to be a big challenge for us.
Dan has been here for a few years, he's been on the practice squad, he's been on the roster, he's played center, he's played guard, he's returned kickoffs, so he's been a pretty versatile guy for us in playing all the inside positions really and playing in different roles. Last year, he was the starting left guard for weeks and right guard and he's played center, has alternated in there. [He's] played in the backfield in short yardage and goal line situations, little bit of tight end in short yardage and goal line or multiple tight end groupings, big people groupings, that kind of thing. He's done a lot of different things for us.
- Erik Scalavino talks with Dan Connolly, Leigh Bodden and other players and tells us what went on at Gillette yesterday.
- Patriots-Chargers Injury Report for Wednesday.
- Wednesday Press Conferences: Bill Belichick (14.36 min. video plus Transcript), and Tom Brady (10.21 min. video plus Transcript).
- Chargers Conference Call Transcripts: Norv Turner and Philip Rivers.
- Patriots Today - Breaking down the O-Line (3 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Vollmer returns to the field. (1.35 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Belichick Breakdown (2.36 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Belichick, Wilfork on WEEI. (3.18 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Hear from Haynesworth, Ellis, and more. (3.02 min. video)
- Ian Rapoport talks up the much-anticipated showdown between Tom Brady and Philip Rivers.
- Greg A. Bedard notes the Patriots know the Chargers well enough that Belichick remarked that it feels like a division game.
- Rich Thompson notes Shaun Ellis is charged up for his first game at Gillette Stadium wearing a Patriots Jersey instead of Jets green.
- Karen Guregian hears Albert Haynesworth sounding a lot like his head coach when he stated the Pats D has lots of room to improve.
- Chris Forsberg reports Mike Wright suffered another concussion in Monday's game.
- Mike Reiss reports on the Patriots first practice of the week Wednesday.
- Shalise Manza Young shares her notes from Wednesday's practice.
- Mark Farinella says Brady's message to fans did not sit well with Foxboro officials, currently pursuing a town bylaw that would allow civil fines for public drunkenness.
- Mark Farinella takes Tom Brady to task for his 'incredibly stupid' remark yesterday, 'especially given the history in Foxboro.'
- Mike Reiss notes new OL Donald Thomas appreciates the opportunity to play again.
- Chris Forsberg reports Scouts Inc. projects the Chargers to win 27-22.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly Patriots Mailbag: Still some concerns on defense.
- Chris Forsberg highlights some noteworthy soundbites from Chargers head coach Norv Turner and QB Philip Rivers.
- ESPNBoston notes Rodney Harrison offered his thoughts on where Tedy Bruschi was coming from with his comments on Chad Ochocinco.
- Chris Forsberg lets us know Tom Brady finished third in Total QBR after Week 1.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Brady's career game makes Pats look scary-good.
- Greg Couch (Fox Sports) Should Brady catch heat over comment?
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots rookie report: Week 1.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Talk) Patriots-Chargers Tuesday match-up: Tom Brady vs. Chargers secondary.
- Kevin Fishbain (ProFootball Weekly) Patriots-Chargers Wednesday match-up: OLB Shaun Phillips vs. Matt Light.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) Pats' pair of dynamic tight ends gives Brady even more options.
- Gregg Rosenthal (ProFootballTalk) Someone on the Dolphins gets fired every time the Patriots visit for a Monday Night game.
- Chris Burke (SI) Rookies already having big impact, but who can keep it up?
- Chris Chase (Yahoo! Sports) Patriots bar in D.C. has sweet potato fries named after Gisele.
- Steve Wyche (NFL.com) Week 2 gives teams coming off losses shot to show real identity.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) NFL Films breaks new ground with Belichick documentary.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) 'NFL Turning Point' debuts tonight at 10pm on Versus.
- Steve Rushin (SI) What's in a name? These days it's the poetic beauty of the NFL.
VIEW FROM SAN DIEGO
- Chris Jenkins (San Diego Union Tribune) Scouting report: New England Patriots.
- Nick Canepa (San Diego Union Tribune) Mutual admiration society between A.J., Norv and Belichick.
- Christopher Smith (Chargers.com) Tempo important against Pats.
- Chris Jenkins (San Diego Union Tribune) Brady's already enough to drive foes to drink.
- Kevin Acee (San Diego Union Tribune) New England tough place to play, drunkards or not.
- Chris Jenkins (San Diego Union Tribune) Chargers would rather stick with Brady's memories.
- Jay Posner (San Diego Union Tribune) Bitter rivalry.
- Pro Football Spotlight Chargers vs. Patriots: Analyzing New England's Football Tendencies.