FOXBORO, MA - SEPTEMBER 1: Logan Mankins #70 of the New England Patriots completes a drill before a game with the New York Giants at Gillette Stadium on September 1, 2011 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)
RB Shane Vereen
DT Ron Brace
QB Ryan Mallett
CB Nate Jones
LB Gary Guyton
- Sebastian Vollmer was a game time decision, and the Patriots decided he wasn't ready to go. He's only played in six games this year, and the Patriots will continue to start Nate Solder at right tackle.
- The bigger news on the offensive line is that Logan Mankins will start. He suffered a sprained MCL and missed the season finale, but returns for the playoffs tonight and will be plugged back into his usual LG spot.
- Nate Jones, Donald Thomas, Gary Guyton, and Ron Brace are healthy scratches. Jones' inactive status highlights the progress of Sterling Moore, as he will likely be the team's primary nickel back today (Edelman should also see some time).
- Nice to see Kevin Faulk active for the playoffs. Wonder if he might have a big role tonight for the Patriots.
- Another notable player active for the Patriots: Pat Chung. He banged up his knee late in the week and was questionable. He suits up for the Patriots for the second straight week.