Otto Greule Jr - Getty Images
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 10/16/12
- Erik Scalavino reviews Patriots-Seahawks after re-watching the film. Deion Branch was definitely interfered with on that 4th quarter drive, and more observations.
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick - Matt Patricia - Josh McDaniels.
- Patriots Today - Hernandez is back in action. (2.16 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Addressing the loss. (2.54 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Squandered chance in Seattle. (3.28 min. video)
- Jeff Howe focuses on how the Pats' offense couldn't get it done inside the Red Zone Sunday.
- The Boston Herald charts the Patriots' trips inside the 20, and breaks down the pivotal plays in Sunday's loss.
- Tom E. Curran points out how the offense gagged again in crunch time.
- Mike Reiss closes the book on Pats-Seahawks with a few final observations.
- Matt Chatham explains how there's more than meets the eye regarding the defensive failures from Sunday. Good read.
- Christopher Price explains why drafting and developing defensive backs continues to be a struggle for the Patriots.
- Field Yates hears the Patriots coaches weigh in on Sunday's defensive breakdown.
- Doug Kyed puts the blame for the struggling pass defense on Belichick.
- Kirk Minihane says Belichick the GM is to blame for the worst secondary in the NFL.
- Gerry Callahan tells trash-talking Richard Sherman the Pats' so-called 'gimmick offense' moved the Seahawks defense down from No. 1 to No. 8 in the league.
- Mike Reiss monitors the Patriots base vs. sub defense stats.
- Mike Reiss takes a look at where the Patriots rank in key statistical categories after Week 6 and compares them with the Jets'.
- Field Yates updates us on the current makeup of the New York Jets.
- Mike Reiss reports Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will call Sundays Pats-Jets game at Gillette Stadium Sunday.
- Dan Duggan Patriots Notebook: You'd think Rex Ryan would let Pats' fans cry in their beer for at least a day before opening his yapper about how he thinks his Jets will beat NE; Even Belichick admits the added weight of Sunday's game against a division rival in a 4-way AFC East tie; Aaron Hernandez was limited in his return Sunday, but made the most of his opportunities; Pats' offensive balance was tipped in favor of the pass against the Seahawks; Danny Woodhead has been terrific in the past three games.
- Ron Borges puts everyone in detention after grading the Patriots in his Week 6 Report Card.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) AFC East spin cycle: Four-way tie at top.
- Matt Bowen (Nat'l Football Post) Want to beat Brady? Then you have to limit this route.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Top 10 takeaways from NFL Week 6. The Patriots’ red-zone shortcomings cost them for the second time this season.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) What a wacky Week 6 it was ...
- Chase Stuart (NY Times) So far, underdogs and unpredictability rule in NFL.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Richard Sherman explains how Tom Brady set him off.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Brady stays humble in response to Sherman.
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Riled-up Ryan: We're going to beat Pats.
- George Willis (NY Post) AFC East title in Jets' grasp.
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Jets backup RBs Powell, McKnight likely out vs. Patriots.