New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 10/19/12
Christopher Price shares one NFL Scout's breakdown of Patriots-Jets, who suggests New York won't try to air it out despite New England's weak secondary.
"The Jets will not want to put the ball in Mark Sanchez’s hands too much, regardless of New England’s recent struggles in the secondary. Instead, New York will try to establish the run and try to get big chunks with the play-action pass. The Jets don’t seem to trust Sanchez or their offensive line enough to drop back and pass 40 times a game, particularly against a defensive line that includes Chandler Jones. Also, Sanchez is most effective when you don’t put it all on his shoulders, and the Jets also lack weapons in the passing game."
- Patriots-Jets Thursday Injury Report.
- Erik Scalavino notes Patriots defenders expect to see plenty of Tim Tebow this Sunday.
- Kerry J. Byrne examines New England's mental toughness: Then and now.
- Patriots Today - Greene gets the Jets rolling. (3.47 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Five players miss practice. (1.02 min. video)
- Patriots Today - What to watch this Sunday. (2.28 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Hear from Hernandez. (4.11 min. video)
- PFW TV with Fred Kirsch, Andy Hart and Paul Perillo. (23.19 min. video)
- whole new game plan for the Jets, and gives us a hint as to what we can expect from New York. explains how the Patriots will have a
- Mike Reiss shares Phil Simms' insight on Patriots-Jets.
- Jeff Howe piles on, saying the Pats' shoddy pass coverage is a group effort.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Aaron Hernandez says his ankle feels great and he's gotten his confidence back in cutting off it; Brandon Spikes is the team's best on-field trash-talker.
- Jim Lazar notes there's always trouble afoot with Rex Ryan, before making his Week 7 picks. Pats win 34-17.
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots offense lethal, not illegal.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Aaron Hernandez unscathed after his return.
- Nolan Nawrocki (Pro Football Weekly) Scout's Notebook: Patriots ORG Dan Connolly.
- John Parolin (ESPN Stats & Info) Three-point stance: New York Jets.
- James Walker (ESPN) Tim Tebow at tailback not a bad idea.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) Rex Ryan: Tim Tebow at running back 'a possibility'.
- Matt Ehalt (ESPN) Tebow returning to New England.
- Steve Wyche (NFL.com) Glass half empty or half full? Evaluating all 11 NFL teams at .500.
- James Walker (ESPN) AccuScore: Patriots beat Jets again.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Top storylines for Week 7 in the NFL.
- Albert Breer (NFL.com) Week 7 X-factors. Rex Ryan's NY Jets as resilient as ever.
- Elliot Harrison (NFL.com) Week 7 predictions. Patriots edge Jets 26-17.
- Dave Dameshek (NFL.com) NFL Week 7 viewer's guide.
- Ian Rappoport (NFL.com) Jets-Patriots, Ravens-Texans, Redskins-Giants highlight Week 7.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) Week 7 Game Rankings: Ravens-Texans, Jets-Pats ... and that's just the appetizer.
VIEW FROM NEW YORK
- Conor Orr (Star-Ledger) Jets' RB Shonn Greene improving with increased workload.
- Bart Hubbuch (NY Post) New England's defense preparing for Jets' decoy.
- Mike Vorkunov (Star-Ledger) Jets' safeties expect to see a lot of Patriots' tight ends Sunday.
- Jets Media Relations Dept (NewYorkJets.com) Rex: I definitely want our players rested for NE.
- Manish Mehta (NY Daily News) Tim Tebow could play some running back for NY Jets against the Patriots, says Rex Ryan.
- Zach Braziller (NY Post) Ryan: Jets could use Tebow as running back vs. Patriots.
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Jets' McKnight insists he's playing despite ankle sprain.