New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 10/22/12
- Post Game Notes: Patriots vs. Jets. Records set, milestones reached and trends continued.
- Post Game Pressers: Bill Belichick (11.27 min. video), Tom Brady (7.10 min. video) and Vince Wilfork (5.30 min. video).
- Post Game Quotes Patriots and Jets.
- Patriots Today - Post-game thoughts. (3.16 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Sights and sounds on game day. (1.21 min. video)
- Jeff Howe says this was hardly the model way of how to close out an opponent, but Tom Brady answered with two revitalizing drives to give the Pats a 29-26 OT victory against the Jets.
- Shalise Manza Young recaps the Patriots win after blowing yet another fourth-quarter lead, and then rallying back in OT to beat the Jets.
- Karen Guregian reports Tom Brady silences doubters in Sunday's comeback win over the Jets.
- Christopher Price tells us what we learned Sunday. A win is a win, but questions remain.
- Greg Bedard talks about how the Patriots late execution is killing them.
- Tom E. Curran says this win against the Jets just puts lipstick on a pig.
- Ron Borges doesn't see much to celebrate after an unconvincing win.
- Mike Reiss gives us his initial reaction to the Patriots overtime win over the Jets.
- Mike Reiss shares some thoughts at halftime, with the Pats leading the Jets 16-10.
- Field Yates passes along some observations while watching the game: First quarter - Second quarter - Third quarter.
- Michael Whitmer focuses on how Stephen Gostkowski came through twice for the Patriots in the clutch.
- Mike Petraglia writes it was the best of times and worst of times for Devin McCourty yesterday.
- Field Yates analyzes the highs and lows for Devin McCourty in the return game.
- Brandon Laurence reports Vince Wilfork says the defense "understood we had to get after it nonstop."
- Field Yates declares it wasn't pretty, but the Pats' offense did just enough to narrowly eclipse the Jets in a Week 7 29-26 OT victory.
- Mike Reiss analyzes the snaps played by the Patriots skill-position players Sunday. Aaron Hernandez is still not all the way back from his injured ankle.
- Mike Reiss looks at the snaps played by Patriots defenders, noting 84 snaps were an exhausting season high.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Rob Ninkovich rises to the occasion, with four forced fumbles in his last four games; Rob Gronkowski tied his season high six receptions and scored two TDs for the first time this year; Alfonzo Dennard caught the first interception of his career.
- Christopher Price looks at what went right and what went wrong in Sunday's win.
- Mike Reiss picks his 5 up and 4 down for the Patriots.
- Mark Farinella tells us Who's hot and Who's not from Sunday's win. Ninkovich is sizzling.
- Mark Daniels compiles his Best & Worst list from Pats-Jets. McCourty makes both.
- Mary Paoletti chooses her superlatives in the Patriots win over the Jets.
- NFL Game Center - New York Jets vs. New England Patriots. Recap, stats, analysis and highlights.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Patriots rally back to beat Jets 29-26 in overtime.
- Frank Schwab (Shutdown Corner) Pats escape with an overtime win against the Jets.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) Tom Brady: Maybe Patriots 'spoiled some people'.
- Don Banks (SI) Week 7 Snaps: Patriots claw out win over Jets and are better for it.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Week 7 Judgements: Patriots' inability to close out games cause for concern.
- Post Game Video (ESPN) Rob Ninkovich talked to Sal Paolantonio after the Pats win. (1 min. clip)
- James Walker (ESPN) Five things we learned about the AFC East.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: Jenkins' TD-saving tackle could be turnaround for Saints' season.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Week 7 rewind.
- Chris Burke (SI) The good the bad and the ugly from Week 7.
- NFL Sunday notes: Cruz stuns the Redskins; plus more from Week 7. (Nat'l Football Post)
VIEW FROM NEW YORK
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Sanchez & Co. fumble opportunity to claim first place in AFC East.
- Conor Orr (Star-Ledger) Jets fumble away chance to beat the rival Patriots, fall in overtime, 29-26.
- Kevin Armstrong (NY Daily News) Tom Brady turns to TEs Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez to lead Patriots past Jets.
- Gary Myers (NY Daily News) Jets don't trust Mark Sanchez enough to put ball in his hands when game is on the line against Patriots.
- Steve Serby (NY Post) Sanchez fails in clutch in Jets' overtime loss to Patriots.
- Manish Mehta (NY Daily News) Jets fall to New England in overtime, Tom Brady leads Patriots to field goals on final two possessions, Mark Sanchez fumble ends it.
- Bart Hubbuch (NY Post) Overtime flag spoils secondary's day.
- Kevin Armstrong (NY Daily News) Jets rookie WR Stephen Hill drops critical pass against Patriots - and knows he made a mistake.