New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 10/24/12
- Game Preview: New England Patriots vs. St. Louis Rams in London. Travel notes, broadcast info, series history, team connections, and more.
- The PFW staff points to Jets rookie WR Stephen Hill's drop as one of the key plays that opened the door to victory.
- Erik Scalavino tackles the Ask PFW Mailbag: Closing time.
- Press Conference: Bill Belichick (14.39 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Gostkowski ties it, wins it. (2.36 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Positive progression from Vereen. (2.33 min. video)
- Patriots Today - That's a wrap on week 7. (4.11 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Talking London and more. (2.58 min. video)
- Field Yates helps us get to know the Rams - players to know on both sides of the ball and how they've done through seven games.
- Christopher Price shares one NFL scout's breakdown of Patriots-Rams, and the strengths and weaknesses the Patriots will have to watch out for.
- Greg A. Bedard warns the rebuilding Rams won't be a pushover for the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss tells us Sunday's game at Wembley Stadium will be broadcast on CBS, with Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the game.
- Field Yates reports the Patriots start the week with a walk-through.
- Karen Guregian believes the Pats have a slight advantage to having made the London trip before, back in 2009.
- Field Yates notes the Patriots have adjusted their schedule in preparation for their Thursday departure.
- Mike Rodak and Field Yates hear from players for their perspective on the upcoming London trip.
- Mike Reiss posts the Patriots and Rams schedule in London.
- Mark Daniels notes Michael Hoomanawanui admits there will be a little extra motivation for him when he faces off against his old team this week.
- Christopher Price tells us why the rest of the league is still afraid of the Patriots.
- DJ Bean speculates on how good the Patriots will make Sam Bradford look. : P
- Greg A. Bedard analyzes the state of the Patriots pass rush. Good read.
- Karen Guregian hasn't seen Patrick Chung make that leap yet, from good player to something greater.
- Tom E. Curran says the inevitability of defensive collapse is ever-present with this team, especially in the secondary. Matt Patricia only says they're trying to get better.
- Jim Donaldson wants answers [damn it!] but Matt Patricia doesn't think he can handle it, so he sticks to the "we're just trying to improve" mantra.
- Mark Daniels notes Shane Vereen made the most of his playing time last week, with 8 carries for 49 yards, averaging 6.1 yards per try.
- Tom E. Curran spouts off 28 lines on 14 Patriots issues. Agree completely with his thoughts on Brady.
- Mike Reiss takes a look at where the Patriots rank in key statistical categories after Week 7 and compares them to the Rams.
- Christopher Price charts the offensive opportunities for the skill position players through the first seven weeks. Stevan Ridley tops the list.
- Christopher Price tells us which defenders have done the best job of getting after the QB this year. Jones leads in hits and sacks, but Ninkovich is right behind him.
- Christopher Price tracks the penalties for the 2012 season and breaks it down by player and position.
- Karen Guregian Patriots Notebook: Stephen Gostkowski has rebounded nicely from an early rough patch, making his last six FG attempts including the ones that tied and won the game against the Jets Sunday; Josh McDaniels and Bill Belichick have high praise for QB Sam Bradford; TE Visanthe Shianco returned to the practice field yesterday; Pats have 21 days to activate him or else he goes on IR; Steve Gregory wasn't sure if he'll make the London trip; LB Jeff Tarpinian was promoted to the 53-man roster Saturday.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly reader mailbag: Is this Patriots team just not that good or is the best is yet to come?
- Kirk Minihane grades the Patriots in his Week 7 Report Card and believes it's never too early to jump on the panic bandwagon.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East Stock Watch.
- Kennedy Ross (Cold Hard Football Facts) Tom Brady and the Patriots win the Mediocre Bowl in OT over the Jets.
- Eric Allen (ESPN) Can the Patriots fix their secondary? (2.51 min. video)
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Tuesday Edition; Mail.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Everyone gets their kicks in today's NFL.
- Don Banks (SI) No longer a low-profile job, hot seat burns for GMs now too.
- Dave Dameshek (NFL.com) The Shame Report: Week 7. (4.27 min. video)