New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 10/29/12
- Post Game Notes: Patriots at Rams in London. Records set, milestones reached and trends continued.
- Erik Scalavino analyzes Pats-Rams and notes the Patriots have played some of their best football at Wembley Stadium.
- Post Game Pressers: Bill Belichick (9.23 min. video), Tom Brady (3.57 min. video), Jerod Mayo and Vince Wilfork (8.03 min. video) and Devin McCourty (2.12 min. video)
- Ron Borges writes "Brady opened the game going 8-for-8 in the first quarter for 119 yards, one touchdown and a perfect 158.3 quarterback rating . . . and then he got hot."
- Karen Guregian appreciated how the Patriots defense took a stand after the Rams' first - and only - TD drive.
- Jeff Howe reports the players saw a lot more of London than they claimed they would, but performed more dominantly on the field than they have all season.
- Greg A. Bedard recaps the Patriots win yesterday that capped off eight consecutive scoring drives that yielded 44 points and back-to-back victories heading into the Bye week.
- Paul Kenyon reports the offense dominated and the defense was surprisingly tight in the Patriots win over the Rams.
- Mike Reiss gives us his initial reaction after watching the Patriots rout over the Rams in London.
- Field Yates shares his observations as he watches the game: First quarter - Second quarter - Third quarter.
- Mike Keegan reminds us to raise a pint to the running game which was back with a bang yesterday.
- Mike Reiss focuses on RB Stevan Ridley's big yardage, finishing with 127 yards on 15 carries for an impressive 8.5-yard average.
- Karen Guregian sees Rob Gronkowski looking like his old self in Sunday's win, and adds if he didn't have an enormous fan club before in the UK, he certainly does now.
- Jim Donaldson highlights Rob Gronkowski's performance Sunday, clearly his best of the season.
- Field Yates notes Belichick enjoyed the London experience and felt that the players handled the travel well.
- Field Yates reports Tom Brady was enthused by his team's efforts Sunday.
- Mike Reiss notes Wes Welker says his ankle got stuck in the turf but he thinks it will be okay.
- Mike Petraglia thinks the key moment was the Patriots taking advantage of the Rams' botched field goal.
- Jim Donaldson notes that during a timeout early in the fourth quarter, the old surfer song "Wipeout" was played over the stadium P.A. system. Heh heh
- Mike Reiss looks at the snaps played by offensive skill-position players in the Patriots 45-7 win over the Rams at Wembley Stadium. Stevan Ridley closed it out.
- Tom E. Curran offers up his Pats-Rams preview-review. (Pats 21, Rams 20??)
- Christopher Price tells us what went right and what went wrong in the Patriots blowout of the Rams.
- Mike Reiss chooses his 3 up and 3 down for the Patriots Sunday.
- Mary Paoletti picks her superlatives from the Pats win.
- Ron Borges compiles the Best & Worst list from Pats-Rams.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Brandon Lloyd rejoined the scoring party yesterday with two TDs; Wes Welker lost the turf battle, catching and twisting his ankle in the grass but hopefully escaping a scare;
- NFL Game Center - New England Patriots vs. St. Louis Rams in London. Recap, stats, analysis and highlights.
- Mattias Karen (Huffington Post) Patriots rout Rams 45-7 in London: Tom Brady lights up St. Louis with 4 TD passes.
- Patrick Imig (Cold Hard Football Facts) Patriots destroy Rams in London; Tom Brady makes more history.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Rob Gronkowski goes wild as Patriots romp in London.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: Colts' Ballard, Bears' Jennings prove major playmakers in Week 8.
- Don Banks (SI) Week 8 Snap Judgments. "Gronk is as good as we've got right now in terms of end zone choreography."
- NFL Sunday playbook: Brady, Marshall, Stafford... Breaking down five big plays from Week 8. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Stats LLC Report (CBS Sports) Brady, Patriots too much for Rams in London blowout.
- Chris Burke (SI) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly from Week 8.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Week 8 Judgements: Falcons playing like NFL's best, especially on the road.
- Video (NFL.com) Rob Gronkowski's royal celebration. (46 second clip)
- Countdowns (NFL.com) Week 8: Top 5 catches. Gronkowski No. 3. (1.50 min. video)
- Photo Gallery (Fox Sports) What we learned in Week 8. "Me Gronk. Me like England."
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) The children of the NFL: League's youngest teams. Patriots are the 5th youngest at 25.70 years.
VIEW FROM ST. LOUIS
- Jim Thomas (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) 'Terrible' Rams are royally beaten.
- Nick Wagoner (StLouisRams.com) Rams can't keep up in London loss.
- Jim Thomas (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) Rams enjoy everything about England except New England.
- Bernie Miklasz (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) Commentary: Rams debacle.
- Nick Wagoner (StLouisRams.com) Keys to the game answered: New England.
- Jim Thomas (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) Rams Notebook: Penalties aid potent Patriots.