Timothy T. Ludwig-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 10/05/12
- Thursday Injury Report. -
- Erik Scalavino talks with Brandon Spikes in a rare media interview.
- Erik Scalavino tells us what happened Thursday at Gillette.
- Patriots Today - Not the same Broncos. (3.38 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Hernandez returns to practice. (1 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Brandon Lloyd to face former team. (3.06 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Players expect a loud crowd Sunday. (2.27 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Spikes, Bolden and much more. (4.02 min. video)
- Peyton Manning Week, it's all about disguise, disguise, disguise. writes that when it's
- Jeff Howe believes confusing Peyton Manning and disguising looks is the best way for the defense to beat him.
- breaks down Pats-Broncos: Chess match with Peyton Manning might come down to stopping McGahee.
- Field Yates hears Champ Bailey call Brandon Lloyd the 'best athlete in the NFL'.
- Mike Petraglia notes Brandon Spikes knows he's been inconsistent.
- Mike Reiss serves up some soundbites from Brandon Spikes media session at Gillette.
- Paul Kenyon believes Brandon Spikes is becoming a top-level NFL talent.
- Christopher Price tells us how the Patriots discovered Brandon Bolden.
- Christopher Price notes Brandon Bolden is focused on Sunday and already put last week's game behind him.
- Michael Whitmer sees Brandon Bolding fitting in well as the newest member of the Patriots 100-yard club.
- Field Yates reports Vince Wilfork is prepping for his matchup with former teammate Dan Koppen.
- Mark Daniels notes Vince Wilfork and Dan Koppen will go against each other for real this Sunday, not just in drills.
- Mike Reiss focuses on Stephen Gostkowski riding the wave of inconsistency at the moment, but he hasn't lost his confidence.
- Mike Reiss talks about this week's Belichick Breakdown, with all 3 phases of the game delivering in Buffalo.
- Mike Reiss posts the transcript of his weekly online chat.
- Greg Bedard and Jermaine Wiggins look at how Tom Brady may attack the Denver defense in their game on Sunday at Gillette Stadium. (3 min. video)
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Stephen Gostkowski is confident he'll regain his footing; Brandon Spikes has forced a league-high three fumbles through four weeks; Aaron Hernandez returned to the field after missing seven practices. He limped a bit after running his first route, but looked fine after the next one; Chandler Jones was named the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Month (3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 17 tackles).
- Shalise Manza Young Patriots Notebook: Aaron Hernandez returned to practice but he's not expected to play against Denver; Rob Gronkowski also practiced after sitting out Wednesday with a hip injury; Bill Belichick voiced his support for Stephen Gostkowski; Brandon Spikes relishes the opportunity to energize his teammates with a big play; Jerod Mayo was the last Patriot to be named defensive Rookie of the Month in October of 2008.
- Jim Lazar is sort of kind of happy to see Peyton Manning again and makes his Week 5 picks. Pats win 34-24.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Improved Wendell helping solidify Pats' O-line.
- Kennedy Ross (Cold Hard Football Facts) Tom Brady and Peyton Manning go at it again.
- James Walker (ESPN) Quarter-mark report card: Patriots.
- Peter King (SI) Weekend Pickoff: Week 5. Patriots 30, Broncos 27.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) Game Rankings: Week 5 all about renewal of Peyton-Brady rivalry.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Game of the Week: Tom Brady to keep upper hand on Peyton Manning 38-34.
- Experts (CBS Sports) Week 5 picks. All 8 pick NE over Denver.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Week 5 picks. Both pick Pats to win a close one.