New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 11/14/12
- Game Preview: New England Patriots vs. Indianapolis Colts. Broadcast info, series history, team connections and more.
- Erik Scalavino tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: Secondary concerns.
- Andy Hart examines a questionable late time-management decision that's worth a second look.
- Patriots announced today that they signed free agent G Mitch Petrus; LB Jeff Tarpinian signed to practice squad; LB Jerrell Harris released.
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick - Matt Patricia - Josh McDaniels.
- Patriots Today - Moving on to the Colts. (3.34 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Belichick, Woodhead on WEEI. (4.10 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Fans win lunch with Gronk. (2.51 min. video)
- Greg A. Bedard tells us what to expect from the Colts on both sides of the ball, and thinks the Patriots will look to exploit the Colts' patchwork secondary.
- Field Yates brings us up to date on the Indianapolis Colts and tells us who to keep an eye on this Sunday.
- Karen Guregian sees signs of Peyton Manning in Colts rookie QB Andrew Luck.
- Karen Guregian digs up some stats to see how Andrew Luck compares with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.
- Paul Kenyon believes the Pats-Colts rivalry will have a different feel Sunday, with NFL fans rooting for Indy because of their cancer-stricken head coach.
- Mike Reiss lets us know Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will call Sunday's flexed Pats-Colts game on CBS.
- Field Yates reports Bucs' GM Mark Dominik discussed the Aqib Talib trade on Peter King's Podcast. Tampa Bay coveted the 4th round pick more than the player.
- Greg A. Bedard says the film shows the Patriots defense was indeed as bad on film as it looked watching it live - but it will likely rebound this week.
- Christopher Price considers Brandon Spikes' place among the great young linebackers of the NFL.
- Mike Reiss takes a look at the NFL weekly stat check, while also bringing the Indianapolis Colts into the discussion for comparison.
- Christopher Price tracks the target breakdown for the NE passing game through the first nine weeks of the season.
- Christopher Price tells us which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the QB so far this year. Jones & Ninkovich lead the team.
- Christopher Price breaks down the Patriots penalties for the season.
- Christopher Price notes Bill Parcells believes this Patriots team is better than the 2011 edition.
- Karen Guregian Patriots Notebook: The Colts have changed their defense from the Tampa 2 to more of a 3-4 Ravens-type scheme; Matt Patricia says everything has gone smoothly with new CB Aqib Talib so far; Patrick Chung was signing autographs at Olympia Sports yesterday but didn't answer too many football questions except to say his shoulder felt fine and that he'll "be back sooner than you think."; Belichick wouldn't use the bye week as an excuse for the poor tackling in the Buffalo game; Logan Mankins' & Dan Connolly's status is unknown for Sunday.
- CSNNE reports Rob Gronkowski is presented with a life-size cake of himself, "Never seen anything like it." (l.04 min. video) Filed in the "Only happens to Gronk" folder.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Pats pick up Mitch Petrus.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Flawed defense? No problem for Patriots.
- Scott Kacsmar (Cold Hard Football Facts) Captain Comback Week 10: "Epic comeback failure" Limited Edition.
- Jim Trotter (SI) Awards watch: Week 10. Pats come up empty.
- Dave Dameshek (NFL.com) The shame report: Week 10. (5.12 min. video)
- Matt Bowen (Nat'l Football Post) How do NFL players 'survive' second half of the season?
VIEW FROM INDY
- Phillip B. Wilson (Indy Star) Defense faces big test against Tom Brady, New England.
- Phil Richards (Indy Star) Patriots the tight end template for Indianapolis Colts Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen.
- Kevin Bowen (Colts.com) Luck anxious to play in rivalry he watched many times.
- Staff Report (Colts.com) Playoff races heating up as NFL season rolls on.