David Butler II-US PRESSWIRE
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 11/15/12
- Patriots-Colts - Wednesday Injury Report.
- Erik Scalavino shares his Wednesday practice and locker room notes from Gillette.
- Andy Hart touches on Wes Welker's ankle issues.
- Press Conference: Bill Belichick (12.38 min. video)
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick and Wes Welker.
- Patriots Today - Belichick breaks down Pats-Bills. (6.04 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Talib debuts at practice. (1.55 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Youth team takes the field. (3.06 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Patriots chat on a Wednesday. (3.14 min. video)
- Kerry Byrne believes the Patriots should cash in against the turnover-prone Colts.
- Jeff Howe talks up just how big of an advantage the turnover ration is for the Pats.
- The Herald charts the takeaway and giveway numbers and team rankings among AFC teams. Pats have a distinct advantage over the Colts.
- Karen Guregian says that it's time to test out the new toy, CB Aqib Talib, against Andrew Luck's binkie, Reggie Wayne.
- Michael Vega notes Bill Belichick calls Andrew Luck a terrific athlete whose running ability poses as much of a threat as his arm.
- shift their defensive strategy and be aggressive, because playing soft isn't working. (1 min. video) wants to see the Patriots
- Christopher Price wonders if Andrew Luck will be the next rookie QB to beat Bill Belichick.
- Zuri Berry reports Andrew Luck lauded the Patriots defensive line and says there's a bit of mystery to the secondary. "It's hard to get a beat on what they're doing." Pats fans feel your pain, bro.
- Kirk Minihane addresses three issues: Brandon Spikes, what Ben Roethlisberger's injury means for the Pats, and whether he'd trade Tom Brady for Andrew Luck.
- Field Yates describes the scene at Gillette Stadium Wednesday, after players capped off their first day of full-on preparation for the Colts.
- Christopher Price evaluates Chandler Jones' chances of winning Defensive Rookie of the Year.
- Field Yates notes OL Nick McDonald could be called upon to play a starting role this weekend.
- Mike Reiss fills us in on the progress Ryan Mallett is making behind the scenes, and lists the practice players of the week awards.
- Mike Reiss continues to monitor the trend of Brady and the shotgun snap and updates the numbers after the Bills game.
- Mike Reiss updates this week's penalty watch and shares a few things that stand out.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis spell trouble wherever they line up; OL Donald Thomas is prepared to fill in wherever he's needed Sunday, depending on the injury status of Logan Mankins (ankle, calf) and Dan Connolly (back); Aqib Talib made his practice debut yesterday; Talib, Wearing No. 31, appeared much bigger than the other CBs and is expected to meet with the media for the first time today.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East stock watch.
- Will Brinson (CBS Sports) Tom Brady, Mario Chalmers crack 'People' "Sexiest Man Alive" list..
- James Walker (ESPN) Rex Ryan sounds like a coach in denial.
- NFL Experts (CBS Sports) Week 11 Picks. All 8 pick Pats to win.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Week 11 Cheat Sheet. Colts 34, Patriots 28.
- Clifton Brown (Sporting News) Cliff's edge: Week 11 preview.
VIEW FROM INDY
- Kevin Bowen (Colts.com) Patriots rank among league's best offense thanks to a pair of tight ends.
- Phil Richards (Indy Star) Colts defenders must step up with Jerraud Powers, Drake Nevis out for season.
- Mike Chappell (Indy Star) Colts' rookie QB Andrew Luck not afraid of escaping the pocket.
- Kevin Bowen (Colts.com) Wayne's connection with Luck doesn't surprise Arians.
- Phil Richards (Indy Star) Colts Notebook: Vontae Davis, Coby Fleener won't play on Sunday; Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis will play together for the first time this season.
- Staff Report (Colts.com) Butler Named Defensive Player-of-the-Week.
- Staff Report (Indy Star) Test of Luck: Compare Colts' QB Andrew Luck with other quarterbacks.