New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 11/02/12
- Erik Scalavino talks with players about their bye week plans and shares his news and notes from Thursday's practice at Gillette.
- Erik Scalavino shares his practice and locker room notes from Thursday.
- Patriots announced that WR Jarred Fayson has been signed to the practice squad.
- Press Conferences: Bill Belichick (13.25 min. video) and Tom Brady (11.42 min. video)
- Positional Coaches Interview Transcripts: Ivan Fears (RB), George Godsey (TE), Chad O'Shea (WR), Dante Scarnecchia (OL), Josh Boyer (CB), Brian Flores (S), Patrick Graham (DL) and Pepper Johnson (LB).
- Fran Charles & Shalise Manza Young (NFL.com) New England Patriots' acquisiiton of Aqib Talib surprises many. (1.57 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Spotlight on Nate Ebner. (3.43 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Wilson's rookie year rolls along. (3.23 min. video)
- Patriots Today - From the practice field. (1.57 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Spikes, Ridley and more. (3.11 min. video)
- Mike Reiss believes the Patriots were smart to gamble on Talib.
- Jeff Howe weighs in on Bill Belichick's aggressive move yesterday, upgrading the talent level in the secondary.
- Shalise Manza Young sees the Aqib Talib acquisition as a bold move by the Patriots to shore up their leaky secondary.
- Greg A. Bedard calls the trade a desperate move for the Patriots, borne from their own drafting and development problems.
- Tom E. Curran thinks the Patriots might be attempting to fix a headache by adding a headache, but the jury is still out on this move.
- Christopher Price takes a closer look at the Patriots decision to acquire Aqib Talib.
- acquisition of CB Aqib Talib means for the Patriots. explains what the
- The Globe staff lists the good and the bad that come with Aqib Talib in his five-year NFL career.
- Mike Petraglia notes Bill Belichick doesn't throw his current secondary under the bus, calling their issues "a whole team defensive thing."
- Field Yates resets the Pats' 2013 draft picks.
- Mike Petraglia says Tom Brady plans to keep his eye on the prize, even on the bye, as he talks about his plans for this weekend.
- Danny Piccard talks about how Danny Woodhead has stepped up admirably in Kevin Faulk's role as mentor to the young running backs.
- Christopher Price notes Stevan Ridley has leapfrogged the competition to become the AFC's leading rusher after eight games.
- Shalise Manza Young notes that Ridley sees his standout season as a dream come true.
- Mike Reiss writes position coach George Godsey has nothing but praise for all of his tight ends. It's always business first and they do whatever it takes to be successful.
- Nick Underhill notes Brandon Spikes says "there's no better feeling than when you can impose your will on another man and completely stop what he’s trying to get done."
- Mike Petraglia reports Spikes just wants to be the best at his position.
- Jeff Howe notes Rob Ninkovich enjoys watching what new celebratory dances the guys come up with each week, but we won't be seeing any from him..
- Mike Reiss lets us know which players earned honors as practice players of the week and notes FB James Develin earned it for the second time.
- Mike Reiss posts the transcript of his weekly online chat.
- Shalise Manza Young Patriots Notebook: Ryan Wendell draws high praise from line coach Scarnecchia; Nate Solder is not satisfied with how he's been playing; Brandon Spikes is feeling good, healthy and is focused on improving; Plus injury updates.
- Chris Burke (SI) Aqib Talib trade should bolster Patriots' struggling pass defense.
- James Walker (ESPN) Talib low-risk, high-reward for Patriots.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Aquib Talib trade: Patriots acquire CB from Buccaneers.
- Analysts Debate (NFL.com) Aqib Talib traded to New England Patriots: Will marriage work?
- Martin Fennelly (Tampa Tribune) Bucs finally make right move with Talib.
- Stephen F. Holder (Tampa Bay Times) Buccaneers trade cornerback Aqib Talib to New England Patriots.
- Roy Cummings (Tampa Tribune) Bucs trade Aqib Talib to Patriots for fourth-round pick.
- Brian McIntyre (Yahoo! Sports) Buccaneers inject life into trade deadline by dealing Aquib Talib to New England.
- Jeff Fedotin (Nat'l Football Post) Is Eli Manning the NFL's most 'clutch' QB?
- Peter King (SI) Weekend Pickoff: Week 9.
- Staff Report (NFL.com) Week 9 viewer's guide.