New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 11/21/12
- Game Preview: New England Patriots at New York Jets. Broadcast info, series history, team connections, and more.
- Patriots-Jets Wednesday Injury Report.
- Andy Hart writes Colts safety Sergio Brown had a costly false start penalty on a punt that helped open the floodgates for the New England blowout.
- Paul Perillo tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: Life without Gronk.
- John Madden has selected the New England Patriots as Best Offensive Line for NFL Week 11.
- Press Conference: Bill Belichick (11.40 min. video) and Tom Brady (8.56 min. video).
- Conference Call Transcript: Devin McCourty.
- Patriots Today - Perillo's Thanksgiving Points. (3.24 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Sanchez, Jets on tap. (3.28 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Player thoughts from the locker room. (2.46 min. video)
- New Patriots Video App. from Patriots.com - Check it out! It’s designed for large screen, Internet-connected devices, like desktops, laptops, and Windows-based tablets...
- Jeff Howe notes the aggressive approach taken by the defense paid off against the Colts and might be what we see on Thursday.
- Greg A. Bedard takes away the fun new toy we got last week, saying the Patriots defense may not dial up the same pressure on Sanchez that they did on Luck.
- Christopher Price gives us one scout's breakdown of Patriots-Jets: Matchups favor New England.
- Mark Daniels says the offense sounds ready to fill in the gap left by Gronk's injury.
- Mike Reiss lists this week's practice players of the week, including three defensive ends who had to mimic Freeney, Mathis and Hughes.
- Mike Reiss takes a look at the Patriots' weekly NFL stat check, while comparing theirs to the New York Jets.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly Patriots mailbag: What defensive woes?
- Mike Reiss tells us how former Patriots players have been doing with their new teams.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Rob Gronkowski is one of many star TEs playing on the field goal or extra point units; Rookie DE Jake Bequette earned a pracitce player award for his work on the scout team for Sunday's win; Pats held their only official practice of the week yesterday, a walkthrough.
- Michael Whitmer Patriots Notebook: Brady warns teammates about not losing focus this week; Gronkowski's teammates feel bad for him, but expect the team to move forward without him; Rex Ryan defended Belichick's use of Gronk on the extra point, calling the injury a 'freak deal'; Aqib Talib can feel the winning-organization feeling in the air at Gillette; Rex Ryan's comments on Talib's presence: "Yeah, as if they need another great player..."
- Aaron Schatz, Football Outsiders (Deadspin) Dear insane Patriots haters: It's not Bill Belichick's fault that Rob Gronkowski broke his arm.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) All signs point to Aaron Hernandez playing for the Pats on Thursday.
- Staff Report (Cold Hard Football Facts) The Gronkowski injury: Gronk vs. NFL's Hall of Fame tight ends.
- Eric Edholm (Pro Football Weekly) Road teams come in hungry on Thanksgiving.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East Week 11 knee-jerk reactions.
- Scott Kacsmar (Cold Hard Football Facts) NFL coaches are more gutless than ever on fourth down.
- Don Banks (SI) Now it gets real: Biggest games left that could shake up playoff race.
- Staff Report (Pro Football Weekly) Week 11 Players of the Week: Julian Edelman wins special teams player of the week.
- Jim Trotter (SI) Awards watch: Week 11. No Patriot love at all.
- NFL Total Access (NFL.com) Week 11's top 10 plays. (2.02 min. video) Aqib Talib no. 9.
- Dave Dameshek (NFL.com) The Shame Report: Week 11. (5.39 min. video)
VIEW FROM NEW YORK
- Steve Serby (NY Post) Jets set for fight night. "Beware the underdog."
- Manish Mehta (NY Daily News) Rex Ryan is not team's problem, lack of talent behind Mark Sanchez and injured stars Darrelle Revis and Santonio Holmes are problems.
- Conor Orr (NJ Star-Ledger) Jets coach Rex Ryan thinks he has the players to 'get out of a bad situation,' will stick to core beliefs.
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Jets coach Ryan praises Patriots' Brady as nearly flawless QB.
- Mike Vorkunov (NJ Star-Ledger) Rex Ryan calls Tom Brady 'machine', says Patriots have habit of playing best late in season.
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Jets' Ryan: Patriots' Brady 'once in a generation' quarterback.
- Seth Walder (NY Daily News) CB Antonio Cromartie elevates play after inspiring chat with Darrelle Revis.
- John Holt (NewYorkJets.com) Jets CB Ellis Lankster: 'I'm going to bring all of me'.