New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 11/23/12
- Post Game Notes: Patriots vs. Jets. Records set, milestones reached and trends continued.
- Erik Scalavino analyzes the Patriots thorough demoralizing of the Jets in their own building on a national stage.
- Post Game Presser Highlights: Bill Belichick, Tom Brady & Vince Wilfork (3.23 min. video)
- Post Game Interview: Wes Welker (1.01 min. video)
- Shalise Manza Young recaps Thursday's strange but satisfying explosive win over the Jets, starting with a scoreless first quarter and erupting in the second for NE.
- Ron Borges writes the Patriots had much to be thankful for last night, and most of it was wearing green and white uniforms and red faces.
- Tom E. Curran calls the Jets' performance a cornucopia of the absurd, and says all they can do now is own up to their train-wreck season.
- Christopher Price tells us ten things we learned Thursday: Patriots take step forward with Thanksgiving thrashing of Jets.
- Mike Reiss gives us his initial reaction and analysis of Patriots 49, Jets 19.
- Jeff Howe reports the Jets made gafffes that allowed the Patriots three easy touchdowns in a NY minute.
- Michael Whitmer details the Patriots' three-touchdown scoring spree in 52 seconds.
- Karen Guregian points out the offense didn't skip a beat without Rob Gronkowski.
- Greg A. Bedard spotlights Vince Wilfork, the big man in the middle, who comes up huge on defense even if it's hard to see him on the stat sheet.
- Mike Petraglia notes Shane Vereen was 'a little surprised' to break free on his 83-yard TD.
- Mike Reiss writes last night's milestone victory (No. 200) comes in true Belichick fashion.
- Jeff Howe notes last night Bill Belichick became the eighth coach to win 200 career games.
- Mike Reiss counts the snaps played by the offensive skill-position players, noting Daniel Fells filled the role of Rob Gronkowski.
- Michael Whitmer Patriots Notebook: Steve Gregory had a very happy homecoming yesterday; Sebastian Vollmer was replaced by Marcus Cannon and Donald Thomas filled in for Logan Mankins; Patrick Chung and Aaron Hernandez both returned to action; WR Greg Salas was released; Yesterday was Bill Belichick's 200th career win.
- Christopher Price tells us what went right and what went wrong in the Patriots crushing win over the Jets.
- The Herald Staff gives us the Best & Worst of Pats-Jets.
- Mike Reiss picks us his 3+ Up and 3 Down for the Patriots.
- Mary Paoletti posts her superlatives from Patriots-Jets.
- NFL Game Center - New England Patriots at New York Jets. Recap, stats, analysis and highlights.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) New England Patriots dominate New York Jets.
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) The Bum-ble? Sanchez-Moore mishap typifies Jets' embarrassing season.
- Sam Gardner (Fox Sports) Pats pound pitiful Jets.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) How New York Jets lost to Patriots in under 60 seconds.
- Brady beat the Jets' blitz? Taking a look at Edelman's 56-yard TD catch. (Nat'l Football Post) How did
- Chris Burke (SI) First Down, Fourth Down: Jets' collapse, RGIII's show, Jim Schwartz's miscue.
- Staff Report (ESPN Stats & Information) About all those points... Interesting nuggets from Pats-Jets.
- Staff Report (ESPN Stats & Information) How the game was won in 52 seconds.
VIEW FROM NEW YORK
- Manish Mehta (NY Daily News) Rex Ryan, Jets take beating on Thanksgiving by Patriots as fans chant for Tim Tebow to replace Mark Sanchez.
- Steve Serby (NY Post) Ryan-Tannenbaum Jets just pitiful pretenders.
- Seth Walder (NY Daily News) Jets QB Mark Sanchez the butt of jokes after running into Brandon Moore's behind and fumbling.
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Sanchez blooper fumble epitomizes embarrassing Jets performance.
- Mark Raimondi (NY Post) Watch: Jets' Sanchez fumbles after hilariously running into teammate's butt.
- Gary Myers (NY Daily News) Gang Green all but cooked: After debacle on Thanksgiving, Jets have little hope left over.
- Conor Orr (NJ Star-Ledger) Blunders, ineptitude sink Jets in 49-19 blowout loss to Patriots.
- Bart Hubbuch (New York Post) Pats roll without star TE.
- Anthony Sully-Heffinger (NY Post) Fractured ribs keep Tebow off the field.