New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 11/28/12.
- Game Preview: New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins. Broadcast info, series history, team connections, and more.
- Andy Hart tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: Turnovers and TDs.
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick - Josh McDaniels - Matt Patricia - Scott O'Brien.
- Patriots Today - The power of special teams. (3.42 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Pats give back at Patriot Place. (2.46 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Pats chat on WEEI. (4.25 min. video)
- Karen Guregian reports the Patriots are on another record-setting scoring pace.
- Fluto Shinzawa spotlights the balanced running attack that has boosted the Patriots offense. Ridley is only 61 yards shy of the 1,000 mark.
- Christopher Price writes about the redemption of Josh McDaniels.
- Greg A. Bedard thinks turnovers will be key for the Dolphins against the opportunistic Patriots.
- Field Yates helps us get to know the Dolphins.
- Mike Reiss reports the broadcasting duo for Sunday's game on CBS will be Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf.
- D.J. Bean points to Stevan Ridley as the latest proof against first-round running backs in New England.
- Tom E. Curran lauds the magic of Dante Scarnecchia, that he works on whatever O-lineman he comes across.
- Tom E. Curran sees the secondary making gains, just like it did last year. Bill Belichick sees it too.
- Paul Kenyon says Scott O'Brien's squads are proving they're truly special.
- Field Yates explores the possibility of DE Jason Babin joining the Patriots.
- Obnoxious Boston Fan says Adderall has become the drug of choice in the NFL, whether or not players are actually using it.
- Christopher Price charts the offensive opportunities for the Patriots' skill position players.
- Christopher Price tells us which Pats defenders have done the best job getting after the QB in 2012. Ninko one-ups Jones in hits and sacks.
- Mike Reiss catches us up with former players, and how they are doing with their new teams through 11 games.
- Rich Levine looks back at the first matchup between Drew Bledsoe and Dan Marino, as the Pats prepare to play Miami on Sunday.
- Mike Reiss answers his Weekly Patriots mailbag: Concern about PED suspensions.
- Greg Bedard and Jermaine Wiggins examine the Patriots' robber formation , which is causing turnovers. (2.50 min. video)
- Karen Guregian Patriots Notebook: The secondary believes they've made progress after hitting rock bottom against the Bills & Dennard credits better communication for their increase in aggressive play, and more plays being made; Belichick addressed the suspensions to Cunningham and Bolden; Pats' run defense has dropped off a bit and Matt Patricia is aware adjustments need to be made; WR Jeremy Ebert is expected to join the practice squad today.
- Ron Borges (Sporting News) Opportunistic Pats most feared team in NFL.
- Lindsay Jones (USA Today) AFC grades: Be afraid of the Patriots.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East Week 12 knee-jerk reactions.
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, defensive players part of wide-open NFL MVP race.
- Dan Parr (Pro Football Weekly) MVP Meter: Manning, Brady back on top.
- Chris Burke (SI) NFL playoff picture, Week 13: Four division races could come to an end.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Five teams can clinch this weekend.
- Dan Hanzus (NFL.com) Jason Babin: Five potential landing spots.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Tuesday Edition - It's different when Tom Coughlin runs up the score.
- Doug Farrar (Yahoo! Sports) Brandon Moore would like it if you wouldn't talk about the Jets' butt-fumble anymore.
- Dave Dameshek (NFL.com) The Shame Report: Week 12. (4.44 min. video)
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Congress plans HGH hearing next week. Puh-leeze.
VIEW FROM MIAMI
- Andy Cohen (MiamiDolphins.com) Patriot Week unlike any other.
- Armando Salguero (Miami Herald) Patriots can sometimes erase homefield advantage.
- Brian Biggane (Palm Beach Post) Miami Dolphins hope to slow New England Patriots' red-hot offense.
- Omar Kelly (Sun Sentinel) Does Ryan Tannehill have the traits of an elite quarterback?
- Adam H. Beasley (Miami Herald) Miami Dolphins see development in TE Charles Clay.
- Omar Kelly (Sun Sentinel) Joe Philbin's offense is missing versatile players who create mismatches, like the Patriots have.
- Omar Kelly (Sun Sentinel) The curious case of Donald Thomas' release by Miami: Former Dolphins OG is thriving with New England.