New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 11/30/12
- Patriots - Dolphins Thursday Injury Report.
- Erik Scalavino tells us what happened Thursday at Gillette. Dan Connolly and Sebastian Vollmer returned to practice.
- Patriots Today - Thursday practice report. (1 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Watch out for Spikes. (3.38 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Tannehill, Miami in the hunt. (3.47 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Thursday thoughts from the Pats. (3.08 min. video)
- Christopher Price debunks the myths and tells us why the Patriots won't be trapped by Miami. Hey Hank, this one's for you!
- both aspects of the turnover ratio, and why we should relax about the yards given up per game. examines
- Michael Whitmer reports the ability of the Patriots to not only force turnovers, but score as a result of them, has become one of the team’s most impressive and important traits this season.
- Paul Kenyon notes the O-line has remained consistent despite injuries, substitutions and backups.
- Tom E. Curran notes no team has ever wrung more offensive production from their slot receiver position than New England.
- Jeff Howe says Dont'a Hightower brings the tight-knit group of rookies together on defense and already has the look of a veteran both on and off the field.
- Mark Daniels points out Vince Wilfork is the most dominating player in the NFL that the stat sheet's never heard of.
- Mark Farinella writes Wilfork is worth his weight in gold to the Patriots. He's worth more than what the stats suggest.
- Mike Petraglia reminds us not to overlook Justin Francis when wondering who will be rushing the Tannehill on Sunday.
- Field Yates passes along some of the sights and sounds from the media availability inside the locker room.
- Pats can't overlook Miami. breaks down Patriots-Dolphins: With big games coming up,
- Mike Reiss posts the transcript of his weekly online chat. Terrific insight here as usual.
- Christopher Price informs us Ron Winter will work as the referee for Patriots-Dolphins.
- Bill Reynolds reviews new book "Coaching Confidential: Inside the Fraternity of NFL Coaches" by Gary Myers of the NY Daily News. It's already on my Christmas list.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: The state of the banged-up O-line looks bleak but the group continues to do its job and Brady hasn't been sacked in two games; Today is the last day for Brian Waters to show up before the league ends his season; Miami left guard Richie Incognito's reputation as a dirty player is known in New England; Aqib Talib is settling into a routine with the Pats after cramming for two games on a short week and still getting his conditioning back.
- Michael Vega Patriots Notebook: Belichick says the Patriots have to beware of Reggie Bush; Ryan Tannehill had the first 4th-quarter comeback of his career last week against Seattle; Practice participation update.
- Greg Bedard on Patriots at Dolphins in Week 13. (3.03 min. video)
- Jim Lazar makes his Week 13 picks. Pats over Fins 34-20.
- The Boston Globe staff make their Week 13 picks. All five pick NE to win.
- John Parolin (ESPN Stats & Information) Three-point stance: Dolphins.
- Adam Schefter (ESPN) Peyton Manning, Tom Brady in another MVP battle, but this one's unexpected.
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots lead the AFC East in drops.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Fins finagle a 'real" sellout versus Patriots.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East draft primer: Patriots.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) Ryan Tannehill perplexed by playoff scenario.
- Ben Stockwell (Pro Football Focus) The hidden battle: New England's victory over the Jets was keyed by their dominant run game.
- Adam Schein (NFL.com) Nine players who can be trusted down the stretch. Stevan Ridley is No. 8.
- Daniel Chiavetta (TD Daily) Jarvis Green Q&A: The Super Bowl-winning DE talks about his Pats title teams, his charity work and more.
- Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) Signs that your team is headed nowhere. Observations from several ring-wearing personnel men.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Players who are passing on contract offers should know the risks.
- Peter Schrager (SI) Week 13 NFL storylines: 1. Patriots' offense better than record-setting 2007 one?
- Andrew Perloff (SI) Bet on it: Week 13 predictions. Wes Welker will have at least 7 catches against the Dolphins.
- James Walker (ESPN) Walker's AFC East picks. New England, 31-17.
- Peter King (SI) Weekend Pickoff: Week 13. Pats 38, Fins 20.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Week 13 picks. Patriots over Dolphins.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) NFL Week 13 picks. Patriots 48, Dolphins 20.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) Week 13 game rankings: Why to watch and what to watch for.
VIEW FROM MIAMI
- Adam H. Beasley (Miami Herald) Physical practice boosts Miami Dolphins' run game.
- Armando Salguero (Miami Herald) Miami Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill approaches crunch time.
- Adam H. Beasley (Miami Herald) Dolphins LB Karlos Dansby is hoping to feast on Pats TE Aaron Hernandez and QB Tom Brady on Sunday.
- Brian Biggane (Palm Beach Post) New England's Wes Welker coming back to bedevil Miami Dolphins.
- Omar Kelly (Sun Sentinel) Dolphins defense is on a clock when it comes to Tom Brady.
- Ben Volin (Palm Beach Post) Defense better be hydrated and in good shape to face the New England Patriots.
- Chris Perkins (Sun Sentinel) Patriots take but don't give.
- Armando Salquero (Miami Herald) THE key to the game on Sunday 'no question': Turnover margin.
- Andy Kent (MiamiDolphins.com) Notebook: Dolphins coaching staff has New England flavor; more.
- Greg Cote (Miami Herald) Time for early look at NFL playoff picture.