Greg M. Cooper-US PRESSWIRE
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 11/05/12
- Kerry J. Byrne diagnoses the Patriots at the half.
- Andy Hart and Paul Perillo debate whether the acquisition of Aquib Talib will be enough to put the Patriots over the top.
- PFW TV - Fred Kirsch, Paul Perillo and Andy Hart recap the Patriots win over the Rams in London, and more. (22.58 min. video)
- Coffee with the Coach - Bill Belichick and Scott Zolak talk about the Pats trip to London. (2.05 min. video)
- Patriots All Access - London edition; Spotlight on Chandler Jones; Tom Brady interview; More. (40.27 min. video)
- Patriots This Week - Rewinding the London tape & breaking down the rest of the AFC East. (20 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Getting set for 2nd half. (3.37 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Too soon to talk Bills? (3.09 min. video)
- John Powers writes a terrific piece on Nate Ebner and his transition from rugby to a walk-on at OSU to an unlikely 6th-round pick in the NFL.
- Field Yates offers some quick-hit weekend thoughts from the Patriots and around the NFL.
- Mike Reiss reports the Patriots made gains in the AFC East while on their bye, with Buffalo and Miami losing Sunday.
- Jeff Howe recognizes the Patriots defining moments for the first half of the season with his "Blitzies!" awards.
- Field Yates resets the roster at the halfway point.
- Karen Guregian reminds us that last August when Matt Light told everyone to relax about the state of the O-Line, he was right.
- Shalise Manza Young reports Donald Thomas has started at both guard positions this season and now embraces them both.
- Mike Reiss speculates on some safety and DB combinations with Talib at corner.
- Field Yates believes Aqib Talib has the talent to be a shutdown CB.
- worth the risk for the desperate Patriots. tells us why Aquib Talib is
- Chad Finn sees Aqib Talib as a risk the Patriots can't pass up.
- Michael Vega says the secondary has much to improve on during the bye week, as big plays are still a big concern.
- Mark Daniels reports Brandon Spikes intimidates on the field just like the Bears legend he aspires to emulate, Dick Butkus.
- Mark Daniels notes Dick Butkus talks about why it's harder to be like him in today's game.
- Mark Daniels offers a little history on Brandon Spikes from his high school coach.
- Mike Reiss focuses on how Chandler Jones has made an instant impact in his first half-season in New England.
- Field Yates notes RB Ivan Fears says the process of deciding which RB will be in the game on the first play and the first series lasts right up until the offense takes the field.
- Nate Dow looks at the stats for the Pats' featured runner in each of Belichick's 12 seasons.
- Mike Reiss continues his Football Journey series: DE Justin Francis.
- Christopher Price gives us his bye week breakdown: Linebackers - Defensive Line - Offensive Line - Quarterbacks - Defensive backs.
- Mike Reiss provides a snapshot pf playing time through the first half of the season: Offensive skill-position players - Defense - Offensive Line.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) No fines for Pats hits on Bradford.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Skilled cover man Talib gives Patriots flexibility.
- Erik Erlendsson (Tampa Tribune) Tampa Bay Buccaneers players mum on CB Aqib Talib trade.
- Stephen F. Holder (Tampa Bay Times) Bucs coach Greg Schiano says no single factor led to Aqib Talib trade.
- Kareem Copeland (NFL.com) New England Patriots move Devin McCourty to safety.
- James Walker (ESPN) Updated bust watch: Dowling, Cunningham.
- Kerry J. Byrne (SI) Inside the numbers: Week 8. The Fab Five rocked London on Sunday: Nate Solder, Donald Thomas, Ryan Wendell, Dan Connolly and Sebastian Vollmer.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: Behind Pagano appearance, Colts continue Hollywood-worthy season.
- John Clayton (ESPN) Week 9: Contenders come into focus.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Week 9 rewind: Defense steals the show.
- Chris Burke (SI) Ben Roethlisberger fumble vs.Giants ignites tuck rule controversy.
- Report (NFL.com) Playoff Picture: If the season ended today.