Kevin Hoffman-US PRESSWIRE
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 11/07/12
- Game Preview: New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills. Broadcast info, series history, team connections, and more.
- Erik Scalavino shares his practice and locker room notes from Thursday at Gillette. Players were in full pads.
- Andy Hart tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: Talking Talib.
- Patriots will honor veterans and military members Sunday.
- Press Conference: Bill Belichick (9.20 min. video).
- Patriots Today - Can Talib make an impact? (2.43 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Pats make holiday cards for troops. (2.23 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Pats return to action. (1.40 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Round one vs. the Bills. (2.37 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Branch, Ninkovich and more. (2.59 min. video)
- Mike Reiss presents a Patriots-Bills refresher course.
- Greg A. Bedard gives us a preview on what to expect from the Bills and notes Buffalo is dealing with issues on both sides of the ball.
- Jeff Howe reports Bill Belichick put the players right back to work off the bye with an up-tempo, full-pads practice.
- Field Yates notes the Patriots were back at Gillette Stadium Tuesday to begin preparations for the Buffalo Bills.
- Karen Guregian reports the Patriots are prepared and ready to go for the second half of the season.
- Shalise Manza Young notes the Patriots are historically tough to beat after their bye week.
- The Herald staff offers a year-by-year look at how the Patriots have fared in the second half of the season in the Belichick era.
- Mike Reiss posts some soundbites from a mentally recharged Bill Belichick.
- Mike Rodak reports Kyle Arrington returned to practice and Aaron Hernandez celebrated the birth of his first child as well as his 23rd birthday.
- Christopher Price catches up with Sebastian Vollmer, who likes where the offensive line is as a group midway through the season.
- Kirk Minihane says it's so easy to take Tom Brady for granted, and wonders if he's done enough to earn midseason MVP honors.
- Field Yates notes that Brandon Spikes makes the 10 'most underrated' list in a recent piece posted on ESPN.
- Zuri Berry points to five areas where the Patriots need to improve.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly reader mailbag: Questioning the Aqib Talib trade.
- Field Yates tells us which positions draft analyst Mel Kiper, Jr. thinks the Patriots will target in the 2013 draft.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: TE Daniel Fells takes pride in his part of opening up the running game; Aqib Talib won't be able to report to Gillette Stadium until Monday; Aaron Hernandez was excused from practice to witness the birth of his daughter; Injury and practice participation update.
- Michael Vega Patriots Notebook: Rob Ninkovich is now comfortable at DE and in a good position to thrive; Deion Branch was the only one to volunteer his impressions of Aqib Talib, calling him a great player; Injury update.
- Mark Ludwiczak (CBS Sports) Bills DE Mark Anderson suffers setback; probably out for Sunday against Patriots.
- Dan Arkush (Pro Football Weekly) Williams is disappointing as Bills' centerpiece.
- David DeChant (Pro Football Weekly) Midseason All-Pro team. Rob Gronkowski and Vince Wilfork make the list.
- First Take (ESPN) Brady or Rodgers the best QB? Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith debate. (6.43 min. video)
- Adam Schein (NFL.com) Peyton Manning, Broncos win out; other midseason predictions.
- Don Banks (SI) Midseason Report: 2012.
- Andrew Perloff (SI) Second half NFL storylines.
- Chris Burke (SI) Early surprises, disappointments from 2012 draft class.
- Analysts Report (NFL.com) 2012 NFL midseason report: MVP, Super Bowl XLVII picks, more.
VIEW FROM BUFFALO
- Jay Skurski (Buffalo News) A secondary problem for Bills as they prepare for Brady & Co.
- Jay Skurski (Buffalo News) Bills aren't going 4th on offense.
- Chris Brown (BuffaloBills.com) Bills shuffle roster with five transactions.
- William S. Paxton (Connecticut Post) At last, WR Marcus Easley set to make debut with Bills.
- Chuck Pollock (Olean Times Herald) Gailey facing criticism over play calling.
- Leo Roth and Sal Maiorana (Democrat & Chronicle) Can the Bills still make the playoffs despite a 3-5 start?
- Chris Brown (BuffaloBills.com) Bills could use OL, CB.
- Paul Jannace (Wellsville Daily Reporter) Bills starting to resemble Jauron teams.